What's new

Kava FAQ Will Kava ever be as good as alcohol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
I'm sitting here intoxicated right now so I apologize if I'm being redundant or if there's a thread like this one somewhere else. I wonder though, if I'm going through reverse tolerance than its understand me if I feel that Kava cannot be compared to alcohol. But, as I sit here so pleasantly and blissfully intoxicated I truly wonder if kava really can ever top this feeling, I know I've said in the past that when kava was working that it was better than being drunk but being drunk right now makes me wonder if I was just lieing to myself to make myself feel better because I say, this alcohol can't be topped, there is no better feeling. But, I wouldn't mind somebody trying to save me, and tell me the contrary, I'm just finding it hard to believe that kava is just as good or even better than this feeling I have right now.

Last edited:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I will say it again, aside from a recent event, in my opinion, kava is far superior to alcohol, the worst I have ever done really krunked is fall asleep, I threw up once or twice. Alcohol, well...I have done plenty of stupid stuff on that one, including a DWI (16 years ago), getting arrested, getting into fights and most recently saying some stupid s**t on this website.
Is kava for everyone? Maybe not, it is certainly superior to alcohol in every conceivable way, again, for me.

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
I agree about saying and doing stupid things, but is this because alcohol frees you from cultural a inhibition? It's only after you are sober that you regret what you have done because cultural inhibitions are now back in place, you are not free anymore.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I agree about saying and doing stupid things, but is this because alcohol frees you from cultural a inhibition? It's only after you are sober that you regret what you have done because cultural inhibitions are now back in place, you are not free anymore.
Maybe, but there is a certain decorum in life that we all follow, we all think this or that about whomever, but if you walk around telling people exactly how you feel all the time, pretty soon you'll have no friends.
Plus let me add liver damage, brain damage and dependence, whereas kava have none of those side effects.

ALSO; if you end up in jail because of drinking. Ask yourself, are you really free?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Blinky it's probably because you're still young and new to alcohol...once you've taken Mr. Alky's Wild Ride for many years, it will become glaringly obvious that Kava is the better drug and superior experience. Also, if you're having a hard time getting through kava's "reverse tolerance" and aren't getting good consistent effects yet, alcohol can have a certain appeal for it's guaranteed effectiveness.

In my 20's I could never drink kava for more than a few weeks at a time. There was just too much stuff to do that doesn't suit the kava experience...bars, concerts, nightclubs, raves, parties, out late, all over the place etc...
All that stuff is better suited toward alcohol. But when that period of life comes to an end, you'll still be accustomed to that same level and frequency of drinking...everything about it gets worse, it becomes less enjoyable (then you drink more), your body can't handle it as well, the health consequences start becoming more apparent, sloppiness increases, generally all the negatives become the most prominent aspect...but because of the nature of addiction, your mind will still say...ehh just drink more you'll be fine.

When I look at what happened to all my friends who drank hard and never gave it up (most of them), it becomes obvious that all the negative things you hear about alcohol are very true. Some have had withdrawal seizures while sleeping(more than once), blood pressure spiking near stroke-level, multiple DUI's, car wrecks, violence, classic alcoholic marital issues, endless unreasonable arguments, increased blackout occurrence, rehab, AA, relapse and a doctor visit would surely show many other physical problems.

The fact that kava is effective and enjoyable for both recreational and medicinal uses, while being relatively harmless to the body and completely free of physical addiction makes it clearly one of, if not the best drugs to ever exist. Add to that, that it doesn't negatively effect your behavior or thought process and if anything it slightly increases empathy.

Last edited:

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
Scala and kolacny brother- Creep

I do believe that it's because I am young that I have a good opinion of alcohol. I believe everything your wrote. But, I cannot resist the siren call. It is such a beautiful and irresistible song.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Well, alcohol, and things like benzos, have a disinhibiting effect that kava does not have. For some people that could make them more enjoyable. But I'm also someone who has done things I regret under the influence, so I consider kava's lack of disinhibiting effect to be a huge advantage: It doesn't make you do dumb stuff. And actually, I find kava to have a more positive long-term effect on my mood. With alcohol I would feel really good for a couple hours, then really bad after that. With kava, I get a nice feeling that lasts. Of course it is more subtle than alcohol, but I decided a long time ago that riding the alcohol rollercoaster was not worth it for me.

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
I can't stop listening to Creep by Scala and Kolacny brothers. I think it's a cover from a Radiogead song. I loved someone like that before, I want that again. I'm gonna go smoke.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I can't stop listening to Creep by Scala and Kolacny brothers. I think it's a cover from a Radiogead song. I loved someone like that before, I want that again. I'm gonna go smoke.
Yes it is a Radiohead song. It's kind of hilarious to hear this angelic choir singing lines like "You're so fucking special"... Regarding the topic of this thread, I recommend you listen to the song "High and Dry" by Radiohead.. (get it?:D)

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
She was so beautiful and now I'm deprived of her. My soul cannot survive without the energy she provided. She was the thing that made made it worth it to deal with life's in-adequacy.

D

Deleted User01

@Blinkyrocket, kava will never give you the drunken bliss that you feel. Kava is a drug that you can take and still retain clarity of mind. I drank alcohol last night at a party and I had fitful sleep and I woke up a little haggard. With Kava, I always wake up ready to work and work hard. So if you want to get hammered on the weekends, do alcohol. If you want to get some nice effects, sleep well, wake up with no hangover, and kill it at work, then you do kava. And I'm not going to talk about all the bad things about alcohol because not everyone is effected the same way. I just know that Kava and the work week go very well together. I can always pound a few IPAs on Saturday but my limit is 3 because alcohol does interact with the Kavalactones in your blood stream. Yup, the residual effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.