What's new

Polynesian Gold™ 70% CO2 Extract - 10g Jar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
I see the company getting a lot of bad press here but I just bought some of their 70% CO2 extract and have been very pleased with it. I take about 2-3 dabs each about the size of a match head and get an instant numbing in the mouth. With in about 5 mins or so I begin to feel that familiar calming wash over me. I wouldn't say it knocked my socks off but this was the first time I've ever tried an extract so I have nothing to compare it to. For me it was definitely more heady than heavy. I enjoyed it and would buy it again.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I see the company getting a lot of bad press here but I just bought some of their 70% CO2 extract and have been very pleased with it. I take about 2-3 dabs each about the size of a match head and get an instant numbing in the mouth. With in about 5 mins or so I begin to feel that familiar calming wash over me. I wouldn't say it knocked my socks off but this was the first time I've ever tried an extract so I have nothing to compare it to. For me it was definitely more heady than heavy. I enjoyed it and would buy it again.
I have enjoyed it as well, many people here want to keep the traditional beverage the sole focus which is fine. I disagree, I think other methods of ingesting it, whether an extract, a kava e-juice or even kava candy are all wonderful alternatives or more like a nice supplement to a regular brew.

There is a lot of controversy on where the extract is coming from, the purity (or nobility) and kava's image as a whole with these products. I think and again this is my opinion, there is some truth to the concerns but I find them mostly biased, typically seen by members who have a stake in the former.

On the other hand I also have some concerns about ALL testing labs and I think there is a bit of favoritism going around but this is nothing new.

HerbalDude420

Mr True Colors
Also be very careful what you say in this forum they will delete your post. If they don't like hearing the cold hard truth they will delete your post so others can't see it. I remember the original forum where people just chatted about having a good time an doing reviews. Now everyone is on edge like the government is watching kava's every move on this forum. When if you do any research kava is very low on the list of drugs to abuse and the DEA is more focused on a Medical Cannabis/Recreational Cannabis market that is making millions. This is all my opinion on the matter.

I would say if Paradise Kava was still around you should try his extracts they were some of the tastiest in the business but he no longer is in business. But I'm sure since Root of Happiness is made with the same extraction CO2 that it is probably comparable in effect.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Extracts get a bad rap because the Chinese made a bunch of very, very bad ones back in the 1990s during the Kava Craze. Thanks to them, Kava gets a bad rap now. And it's not Tudei you have to worry about. It's the upper parts of the plant and other additives. I'm sure there are some good suppliers out there but just be careful.
That doesn't mean that all of it is bad.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Also be very careful what you say in this forum they will delete your post. If they don't like hearing the cold hard truth they will delete your post so others can't see it. I remember the original forum where people just chatted about having a good time an doing reviews. Now everyone is on edge like the government is watching kava's every move on this forum..
Nobody's stuff will get deleted because it's "cold truth", but because it violates the forums' clear guidelines.

see: http://kavaforums.com/forum/KFGuidelines.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
@Tfin Just to be clear I was referring to the Premium Kava Concentrate - 20g Jar not the Polynesian Gold, I have reservations about that product because of other factors..

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I didn't say they were all bad. I said they got a bad rap in the 1990s and then I said there are probably some good suppliers out there. Probably some who are members of the forum. The really bad extracts in the 90s used leaves and who knows what chemicals to extract. Those bad extracts (in my opinion) are responsible for the "liver scare" that we live with now. They had the potential to do some major damage and I'll bet they did do some damage.
But that was then and this is now. I know there are good extracts out there and sold by reputable vendors and I have absolutely no problem with people using them and even reviewing them. You know, I remember trying Gaia Capsules when I was first experimenting with Kava. They are like an extract and a pretty simple way to get acquainted with Kava and maybe help with RT.
I agree.

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
I have enjoyed it as well, many people here want to keep the traditional beverage the sole focus which is fine. I disagree, I think other methods of ingesting it, whether an extract, a kava e-juice or even kava candy are all wonderful alternatives or more like a nice supplement to a regular brew.

There is a lot of controversy on where the extract is coming from, the purity (or nobility) and kava's image as a whole with these products. I think and again this is my opinion, there is some truth to the concerns but I find them mostly biased, typically seen by members who have a stake in the former.

On the other hand I also have some concerns about ALL testing labs and I think there is a bit of favoritism going around but this is nothing new.
This is where I'm at with it all. I also understand and agree with the need for safety and standardized testing. I just like to try new things after doing a bit of research. I may not comment a lot on this forum but I do read most of it.

John Bytell

Kava Enthusiast
I got a jar of the polynesian gold. What is the consitency supposed to be like? This one seemed dried out. It's more of a hard grainy paste than a viscous oil. When I opened the jar the whole thing was stuck to the lid.
I took about 3 times the recommended amt to get the desired effect.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

John Bytell

Kava Enthusiast
I couldnt find anything about the consistency of this. If it's not supposed to be like I got I wanna return it. I got it from amazon so it could be old stock.....wondering if anyone knows what the consistency should be ....?

kavaloveraz

Kava Curious
I agree I am also very happy with this extract and couldn't imagine how it could get much better then this. I went to buy some more on Amazon and it is currently out of stock :( I emailed them and they told me they will have more in stock next week. I am shocked this isn't more popular on here.....

Kaycee

Kaycee777
I have the Instant Kava, Kava Paste extract & 70% CO2 extract on it's way to me. I expect it late next week as it has to cross into Canada. I will let you know how it goes when I spend some time with these three items.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
fwiw I have bought and enjoyed the
Polynesian Gold™ 70% CO2 Extract - 10g Jar

I find the consistency can vary. Sometimes it is grainier than others. Sometimes more oily or sticky. Also sometimes a bit more tangy in flavour, which is very nice, btw. The taste is always fine, IAE. I've found it to be of consistent quality regardless of consistency or taste and whether I got it from Amazon or directly from RoH, as I have done both.

The effect it has on me is about 20 - 30 minutes of euphoria and for this reason I like it occasionaly when that is all I want, without the euphoria followed by heavy mellow feeling that I get from euphoric kavas, where time is a factor. Sometimes you just want to enjoy that feeling for 20 or 30 minutes and then go on with doing something else rather than being committed to a sesh.

The other main use I have for it is when I want to drink a heavy kava but want to add a euphoric element to it, which I find very enjoyable. For me it greatly enhances heavy kavas that I might otherwise pass up on.

And there's those rare occasions when for a treat, on a weekend evening, I want to drink some grog, eat a couple of candies, drink some KWK concentrate, chew on a dried waka root and have some of the Polynesian Gold. And yes, that is as nice as it sounds.

kavaloveraz

Kava Curious
I recently purchased more 70% C02 extract from amazon should be getting it on Friday .....I love this stuff I wish they would make a larger jar of it.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I recently purchased more 70% C02 extract from amazon should be getting it on Friday .....I love this stuff I wish they would make a larger jar of it.
For quite a while they weren't selling it on amazon, only from their website, but it's good they are back on amazon. They sometimes run out but get resupplied within a few days, usually.

Their Samoan medium grind is really quite good, IMO. Like a decent Tongan. And their Solomon's is fine, decent heavy stuff.

Whatever else one might say about them, I guess, I don't really know.....

Lil' Krunkette

Crawling Chaos
Guys,
For what it's worth, I tried the 10g 70% concentrate and I, too, found it effective. It hasn't caused any hangover effects or anything like that. The only problem I have had with it is that I'm going through it faster than I'd like, mostly because I find it hard to get only a match head size out of the jar. I will probably re-order the less concentrated lemon paste next month. This form of Kava is so wonderfully portable; I mean, it'll fit in one of the tiny pockets in Levi's jeans. I'm also curious about the Samoan medium grind...oh, well, so many Kavas, so little time...
Lil K

Adam44

Kava Curious
What's the best dose for this? Is there a difference in absorption between mixing it in water first vs. just taking it like a pill?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.