What's new

Root of Happiness Samoan kava

Kavacoordinate

Kava Enthusiast
So I've been headlong into this for the past few weeks tried some vulu from kalm and also their loa. Had some Dua nabilo witha friend. I'll definitely be ordering more stuff from kalm. Just wondering if anybody's tried this Samoan varietal from root of happiness I've been very happy with their kava paste

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
I'm also interested in their kava and the Samoan, price is right, Prime is awesome and their description makes it sound amazing if it's at all true ... does anyone here know how to find out?

" Grown on our 10 acre farm and processed through our brand new Kava processing facility in Samoa, this is one of the first export-grade Kava crops to leave Samoa in nearly 20 years and it was well worth the wait! Our 6 year old Premium Samoan Kava is guaranteed to impress with a high Kavalactone content and a creamy, subtle taste. This is unlike any other Kava you have ever had and we know you will appreciate the quality of this crop. "

When you say paste do you mean the C02 extract? The 30% or the 70%? I am interested in trying it ..

Kavacoordinate

Kava Enthusiast
I'm also interested in their kava and the Samoan, price is right, Prime is awesome and their description makes it sound amazing if it's at all true ... does anyone here know how to find out?

" Grown on our 10 acre farm and processed through our brand new Kava processing facility in Samoa, this is one of the first export-grade Kava crops to leave Samoa in nearly 20 years and it was well worth the wait! Our 6 year old Premium Samoan Kava is guaranteed to impress with a high Kavalactone content and a creamy, subtle taste. This is unlike any other Kava you have ever had and we know you will appreciate the quality of this crop. "

When you say paste do you mean the C02 extract? The 30% or the 70%? I am interested in trying it ..
Yeah the extract 70% they do a great job with their marketing on this Samoan stuff. But I'm always interested in trying different varietals

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I've had it, it's a nice, easy to drink kava, but pretty mild in my experience.

N

Noname

The marketing is too good Seems fishy. It's like they are begging you to buy it and plus no one has rated it

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
There is a kind of unspoken hesitancy among people here to give Root of Happiness business. I have reached out to them before and not had much of a response. They are a member of the American Kava Association and seem to have a wide variety of products.

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
Well damn, I know you've tried a lot of kava @sɥɐʞɐs so that's really all I needed to hear, I won't be ordering it lol.

I was already skeptical considering I hadn't heard much. I may still try the 70% extract .. but I want to try Judd's ...

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
It's less of a controversy, and more a black hole. I can't figure out what the hell the American Kava Association even does anymore. At first they were trying to control the "image" of Kava, and then they claimed to be certifying Noble Kava, and now they seem to have walked that claim back a bit.. who knows?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
It's less of a controversy, and more a black hole. I can't figure out what the hell the American Kava Association even does anymore. At first they were trying to control the "image" of Kava, and then they claimed to be certifying Noble Kava, and now they seem to have walked that claim back a bit.. who knows?
The problem imo are the members of the AKA board of directors being kava vendors, seems like a conflict of interest to me.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
The problem imo are the members of the AKA board of directors being kava vendors, seems like a conflict of interest to me.
Well, it depends on what the purpose of the association is. If they are trying to promote and advocate for Kava, then I don't see an issue. If they are approving or disapproving of vendors, that's a different story.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Well, it depends on what the purpose of the association is. If they are trying to promote and advocate for Kava, then I don't see an issue. If they are approving or disapproving of vendors, that's a different story.
If they are trying to promote and advocate for Kava, I'd think Tyler would be more active here and I'm aware of the past, but still, if kava is the focus, it shouldn't matter.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I just noticed that Root of Happiness is selling the same extract that Paradise Kava used to sell. Odd...
I've bought it and reviewed it as well. It is Paradise, it was some left over stock from Adil (If I recall correctly). Last year I spent several hours on the phone with Tyler. Some of his point of views are a bit extreme imo but he does seem to have kava quality, testing etc at the forefront of his efforts. I'd just wish he stop by and keep this community updated.

John Bytell

Kava Enthusiast
@Krunʞy Which extract is the paradise one? The honey lemon or the 70%? They have some very interesting products I'd like to try them out but am wondering why, if their stuff is so good, nobody is really talking about them. When Dua Na Bilo appeared on the scene they were an overnight sensation because their kava spoke for itself.... These guys have been around for a while and not much fanfare.

Last edited:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
@Krunʞy Which extract is the paradise one? The honey lemon or the 70%? They have some very interesting products I'd like to try them out but am wondering why, if their stuff is so good, nobody is really talking about them. When Dua Na Bilo appeared on the scene they were an overnight sensation because their kava spoke for itself.... These guys have been around for a while and not much fanfare.
It was the honey lemon, I've never tried the other one although I believe @HeadHodge has tried it and might be able to give you some insight on it.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
There is a kind of unspoken hesitancy among people here to give Root of Happiness business. I have reached out to them before and not had much of a response. They are a member of the American Kava Association and seem to have a wide variety of products.
I buy all my instant from them