What's new

Vendor News New Variety - Damu finally available :-)

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Hey KavaForums family
We are excited to begin offering a Special Limited Edition Kava every few months of rare varieties found across the Pacific. Many of these varieties are grown in small amounts due to taking longer to grow and having less yield than others, or due to restricted plantings on islands that don't grow a lot of kava. Each will be thoroughly tested high quality kava varieties that are unique to what we offer on a regular basis.

Our first Special Variety is Damu - a rare variety in Fiji that is quite unique. It offers a slightly heavy body feel relaxing those muscles but unlike many heavier varietes, it also offers some excellent social aspects and much less sedation. Testing at a chemotype of 426531 and a mix of 75% lateral roots and 25% basal stump, this a very happy, relaxing, fresh Fiji Kava. Enjoy!
https://kalmwithkava.com/shop/special-variety-kava/

RevRad

Kava Curious
OK so this is the secret stuff I was talking about, anyone that saw that in the chat box. I love it, I'll give it a review as soon as a product profile is posted. Buy it now if you're a KWK person, try it even if you're not.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
@Kalm with Kava , this sounds a bit like one of those fishing stories, you know the one that got away. Well Where's the pictures, we would all love to drool all over Damu, :hungry: I guess your going to have to go back to Fiji to get some pictures. (y)
I will certainly have to try this kava. :D

Chris

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Shelling damu right now. Exceptionally pleasant. It's like a really good Fijian that looks, smells and tastes like a typical Fijian, almost generic, but the first 5 minutes feels like a great Tongan, then it settles in as a great Fijian, but very strong and very balanced. Very good.
From the sound of it it's almost like a Borogu but with the nicer taste?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Mine is sitting at the post office for the weekend, bummer. Can hardly wait till Monday for delivery.
Oh don't worry, I ordered mine during last week and will be lucky to get it by Saturday this week :)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Mine is sitting at the post office for the weekend, bummer. Can hardly wait till Monday for delivery.
I think you are unlikely to be disappointed. It starts out impressive. Then settles in for a nice duration. But after 20 minutes when I went to do a third shell, I got the same euphoria as at the beginning before the mellow. The euphoria didn't last as long, maybe 2 min instead of 5, but still impressive there was any repeat. Few kavas can do that. And then the mellow heavy phase that follows is very very pleasant. Peace, calm, relaxed, no pains, no worries.....

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Well it's a classic yangona, bitter, but not un drinkable by any means. I didn't chase it. Might have gone blergablergabler for 5 or 10 seconds, that's about it. Tastes Fijian but mildish Fijian. Not sure borogu ever gets this euphoric. This is very noticeable euphoria.
The funny thing is I know exactly what you mean by blergablergabler lol

I'm imagining a chocolately kind of taste? I've had some pretty strong euphoria from some Borogus in the past. Pretty good doses to be fair though.

schatz

itchin for kava
Just checked the mail,hooray, it somehow got delivered even though it never said on website that it was out for delivery. Thanks Mike, 2 day delivery is awesome, and to think I ordered a pound of Waka last week from you off Amazon thinking it would be quicker. Now I am thinking I should wait because we are invited to some friends to watch the fight tonight and it might not get the justice it deserves, we will see.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
The funny thing is I know exactly what you mean by blergablergabler lol

I'm imagining a chocolately kind of taste? I've had some pretty strong euphoria from some Borogus in the past. Pretty good doses to be fair though.
in that case, yeah, that's what you should expect, bout like that.

schatz

itchin for kava
So I couldn't wait, I did one Aluball before going an took 2 balls with. This was the most euphoric and balanced kava I have tried thus far,very good times and not dissapointed. Hung out all night with people drinking alcohol and fit right in with my kava. Sometime kava just will not alllow me to feel comfortable with alot of drinkers present, but this was fine. Might have to order more.

schatz

itchin for kava
Would it be greedy of me to order a couple more pds. for the stash. I am going to try it again tonight and if it hits me the same way I definately want to stock up. Are you supplied for everybodies needs or is this it ?

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Would it be greedy of me to order a couple more pds. for the stash. I am going to try it again tonight and if it hits me the same way I definately want to stock up. Are you supplied for everybodies needs or is this it ?
Right now, we have 30 lbs left. I've taken quite a liking to this special root as well so I'm working with our farmer to see how much more he can get together for another shipment :)