What's new

Powdered Kava Review Kava Bati

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I actually really enjoyed the taste of this one. I found it quite nice during the day. I found it a very pleasant experience and ordered multiple bags. My only criticism of it is that it seemed to call for Beano more than other kavas I've tried.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Will this kava ever be back? Maybe only after the Tonga sells? Its just so expensive. The Bati tasted great and was an easier to accept price.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I got some of the new batch of Bati. I like it. I also think the grind might be a little less fine this time; it doesn't seem to be giving me the gas that the last batch did.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Does it taste nice this time around?
I think so. Probably pretty similar to last time. I also think it might feel a little more "oily" than the last batch, too (but I'm not sure; my water powder ratios may have changed or it may simply be a consequence of the grind being slightly courser).

I just finished off a a bag of the BATI I ordered a week aho and I really liked it.. Only other variety/brand kava I have tried has been Gourmet Hawaiian Kava's Hanakapk'ai 'Awa. I was impressed by the potency and taste of both, but as far as effects go, I got much more noticeable and quick onset euphoria from the BATI. The Hanakapi'ai is pretty "strong" but seems to take quite a few bowls before any noticeable effects. The BATI seemed to just feel better, and have a quicker onset than the Hawaiian (which is still very high quality) so kavafied did a great job with this variety

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
I actually really enjoyed the taste of this one. I found it quite nice during the day. I found it a very pleasant experience and ordered multiple bags. My only criticism of it is that it seemed to call for Beano more than other kavas I've tried.
Hey can you tell me why you use beano? Sometimes I get uncomfortable stomach when I drink kava, I filter through 50micron bag so that's not the issue. If this helps with stomach upset that would be great.

RevRad

Kava Curious
Hey can you tell me why you use beano? Sometimes I get uncomfortable stomach when I drink kava, I filter through 50micron bag so that's not the issue. If this helps with stomach upset that would be great.
50 micron bag is really not very fine, about 35 mesh which is suuuuper coarse for something like this, that's 100% why you get an uncomfortable stomach. Use a muslin bag, it's probably like a 200-400 mesh bag.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I don't think that's accurate revrad. 50 micron is very fine and I couldn't imagine using a finer strainer than that. I use 80 micron myself. I know a few people who think anything finer than 100 is a waste. I doubt muslin is as fine as 50 micron either.

Hightide

Kava Enthusiast
I had this effect also, pretty noticeably. I added some turmeric and it made it a lot easier on the stomach