What's new

Kava Culture NYE Kava circle

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Had a kava circle on NYE in which six newbies, most first timers, tried out kava and then we played games. It was a grand old time and was so exciting to bring in 2018 without a hangover!

We also discovered trying to make 14 shells of grog at once is extremely difficult. It worked much better when we separated it into three bowls and everyone took turns kneading.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I can make a half gallon of grog in under 5 minutes using two aluball set ups and both hands. Two balls in each, with 2 tbs in each ball, two washes, 1/2 cup of grind. Good grog, too.
I guess I’m missing the balls then! I’ve only done strainer bags or blender prep. I don’t like the blender prep much.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I also had kava on New Year's eve, that's why I was asleep before midnight. :sleep:

View attachment 8749
fancy kavblet​
That looks wonderful! Cool you have a special cup for it. My friends and I were discussing cups since I was teaching them about shells and as much kava history as I can remember. I also made a point to tell people to check for drug interactions online and to explain noble kava and how to do the acetone tests. Mentioned kava forums as a resource too.