What's new

Papua new guinea

Status
Not open for further replies.

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
I can't find the product profile for this kava, so I can't write a review, but those of you who enjoy your heavy kavas, especially those super piney, keep you calm and relaxed the morning after kavas, give this a shot! It isn't a noble kava, even says so on the bag (Although the nice young lady at their bar neglected to mention this, luckily I knew and was actually looking for it. Someone who was expecting a heavy noble kava might get more than they bargained for, however) but it certainly is quality, and did not leave me feeling sick. Anyways. Enjoy, guys!

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I can't find the product profile for this kava, so I can't write a review, but those of you who enjoy your heavy kavas, especially those super piney, keep you calm and relaxed the morning after kavas, give this a shot! It isn't a noble kava, even says so on the bag (Although the nice young lady at their bar neglected to mention this, luckily I knew and was actually looking for it. Someone who was expecting a heavy noble kava might get more than they bargained for, however) but it certainly is quality, and did not leave me feeling sick. Anyways. Enjoy, guys!
How does it compare to something like Kava Supreme? I've never tried a non-noble.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
"Papua New Guinea Kava" is like "France Wine"

There are at least ten cultivars native to PNG. If the vendor can't name the cultivar(s), they ought to at least say which region the kava is from.

Kava Mang

Kava Curious
How does it compare to something like Kava Supreme? I've never tried a non-noble.
Yes, i would be interested to see how it compares to Supreme. I have also never tried a non-noble but was intrigued by the RoH PNG. I've just been reluctant to try it because i am not sure how much heavier it is than the noble heavies i drink.

marksmyspot

Kava Curious
I received a 1/2 LB of the Papa New Guinea from Root of Happiness. It is very strong. The taste is piney, but doesn't make me gag like some other kavas. Even a few of the noble kavas that are discussed a lot on this forum have made me gag on occasion, but this did not. It does have a piney taste though. Very strong relaxing physical effects, but it didn't knock me out, just incredibly relaxed. I made two Aluballs of it with a second wash and latter drank 2 more allubals. If you don't over do it, you won't have the next day hangover, but if you drink too much you will feel hung over the next day. It is definitely stronger than Kava Supreme and Nagle Noble. It has a stoney effect to it as well. I can't describe it. You can drink much less of this kava to get an effect, but be careful or you will feel hung over the next day. I think 2 allubals or 3 to 4 table spoons is a good amount with a second wash. This worked for me anyway.

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
It is very strong muscle relaxing wise very little in the head for me and I did get some headache issues with it, a little out of it the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.