What's new

Latest Pouni Ono

Status
Not open for further replies.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Medium grind. Only had a bit (a bit over 1TBS) in 8-10 ounces of water. As compared to the instant I last had, smoother and tastes better. So far not as...jittery making. So far a more just happy silly place and a bit of relaxation. I simply don't know if that's because of going with the medium, or because it's a different batch. And thank you everyone that sugested it as worth trying!.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I have an abnormal reaction to Pouni Ono compared to other people. It makes me sleepy. I find it quite heavy for a heady kava, but I think that's just me.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I loved the return batch of med grind but then it sold out and restocked quickly. Newer stock wasnt quite as happy for me but decent. Not sure if theres another batch already beyond that though.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I loved the return batch of med grind but then it sold out and restocked quickly. Newer stock wasnt quite as happy for me but decent. Not sure if theres another batch already beyond that though.
Hmm yea I can see what you meen. For me and where my head is (in general) it has this thing about first being kind of like a really good cup of tea or esspresso, but then for me leads me to a silly enthusastic happy place.
It's just darn fun at the moment.

Just a quick next day experiment. I personall find for where my head is I prefer the Pouni Ono (generally). And The Eva ended up giving me Epic Gas. Weirdly mixing reletivly small amount of Super Strong Eva (5 TB, 10 ounces of water blended a TON) then strained+gingerale and 2 TBS of Pouni Ono is (so far) really hitting the spot and so far don't have the slight bloated Epic Gas and Uh Oh is nausea coming? Thing Eva was doing after cup 3 yesterday.

Pouni Ono as someone on reddit commented is more energetic at first then slows down and generally, cleaner and nicer. I might tentaively agree. Definatly leads me to a wonderful case of the giggles and silly happy place, wich is sooo hitting the spot.

I also love LOVE that it's on Amazon with Prime. it's close to the same cost directly through their store. So for me that is a huge plus. Great package with wonderfully cheerful pastel blue package. And yeah just a kick but sugestion all around guys, to pick it up again since I liked it so much in the past. lol (I say with mouth in full on grin mode listening to upbeat music.)

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Question (so as to avoid spammy threads). Is their something simillar to Pouni Ono that'd be with trying in the evening? Maybe a more relaxed silly happy place? Thinking off the top of my head while typing that could be Hanakpi Ai, or Kava King (have not tried)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Question (so as to avoid spammy threads). Is their something simillar to Pouni Ono that'd be with trying in the evening? Maybe a more relaxed silly happy place? Thinking off the top of my head while typing that could be Hanakpi Ai, or Kava King (have not tried)
Squanch, Tongan Family Reserve, Kava Tonga, RoH Samoan, and cheapest of of and last but not least, Dua Na Bilo Vanuatu.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Squanch, Tongan Family Reserve, Kava Tonga, RoH Samoan, and cheapest of of and last but not least, Dua Na Bilo Vanuatu.
Ooooh I remember trying Tongan Kava from kavafied, at first it didn't quite "click" . Someone (DrKrunk and you possibly) I seem to recall thought that was due to the RT/Build stage. Yeah it or 24 waves (never tried) would probably be about my thing for evenings. Thanks Krunkie. You rock!

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
Completely agree. I haven't been able to be around lately and have been meaning to check if anyone else had this experience. I primarily use the micro and the first stuff was great, maybe not as great as it used to be, but still really nice. The recent batch (that I bought A LOT of) is clearly not as potent or even as effective when using larger amounts to try and make up for that lacking potency. I have been too lazy to use any of the 2lbs of medium grind I bought from the first new batch but tried it when the new micro wasn't doing it for me. It confirmed my suspicions. I've had this problem with the Loa Waka before, too. I'm hoping that the next round will be better again.
@Krunkie McKrunkface - I have actually been using the Pouni Ono before dinner and then nothing afterwards and after an hour or even sometimes just my 2nd or 3rd tbs, I get very relaxed, if not sleepy. It has been working wonders for my sleep though I miss the crazy dreams I was having with Borogoru an hour before bed.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Completely agree. I haven't been able to be around lately and have been meaning to check if anyone else had this experience. I primarily use the micro and the first stuff was great, maybe not as great as it used to be, but still really nice. The recent batch (that I bought A LOT of) is clearly not as potent or even as effective when using larger amounts to try and make up for that lacking potency. I have been too lazy to use any of the 2lbs of medium grind I bought from the first new batch but tried it when the new micro wasn't doing it for me. It confirmed my suspicions. I've had this problem with the Loa Waka before, too. I'm hoping that the next round will be better again.
@Krunkie McKrunkface - I have actually been using the Pouni Ono before dinner and then nothing afterwards and after an hour or even sometimes just my 2nd or 3rd tbs, I get very relaxed, if not sleepy. It has been working wonders for my sleep though I miss the crazy dreams I was having with Borogoru an hour before bed.
Hmm it's kind of mice for me that it's. A bit more well rounded imo

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Edit: having a bit less umpf can be a good thing. a bit harder to over do it.

Last edited:

ShredMN

Kava Curious
I recently went through a small jar of the instant Pouni Ono and I enjoyed it! I got some instant Vula Waka in the mail today and I’m not as impressed. I’m having to take way more than I should for an instant, and still not getting the effects I would from one of my preferred medium grinds. I guess the Vula Waka is just not for me! Anyone have any similar experiences with the Vula?

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I recently went through a small jar of the instant Pouni Ono and I enjoyed it! I got some instant Vula Waka in the mail today and I’m not as impressed. I’m having to take way more than I should for an instant, and still not getting the effects I would from one of my preferred medium grinds. I guess the Vula Waka is just not for me! Anyone have any similar experiences with the Vula?
I had a similar experience with the Vula medium grind. Didn't seem to do much first couple times. Finally got a good session from it and really liked the effects but had to go up to 12 tbs, which is much more than I usually need. Then before I could repeat the attempt for a second solid session I found my bag was down to just 2.5 or so tbs. Stangely, I put the rest on a shelf for a month or two and just drank it a few weeks ago and those last couple tbs seemed much stronger. Could this be a case of the sometimes surmised new-cultivar-reverse-tolerance? I also kinda wonder if it might have some more subtle effects from methysticin that are not as readily apparent but somewhat therapeutic. I am curious to try it again, frankly.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I had a similar experience with the Vula medium grind. Didn't seem to do much first couple times. Finally got a good session from it and really liked the effects but had to go up to 12 tbs, which is much more than I usually need. Then before I could repeat the attempt for a second solid session I found my bag was down to just 2.5 or so tbs. Stangely, I put the rest on a shelf for a month or two and just drank it a few weeks ago and those last couple tbs seemed much stronger. Could this be a case of the sometimes surmised new-cultivar-reverse-tolerance? I also kinda wonder if it might have some more subtle effects from methysticin that are not as readily apparent but somewhat therapeutic. I am curious to try it again, frankly.
Hmm this current bag of Pouni Uh Oh (Joke) I'm needing to soak and have a bit more on the TBS. I like the soaking part. I love love the slightly more well rounded slightly relaxed and silly life is good side. lol weirdly it's also helping a bit with chronic back pain. LOL that could also be from finding more stuff amusing and the chuckles and laughter are doing the trick.
I also like the feel of walking on a beach that i really mis from California.
Needing a little more than I did with the other bag? not so much. You do bring up a good point it might simply be different growers. I thought kava build was...kava build up. I may simply be wrong though!

Humorus anecdote: Yesterday when a therapist dropped me because of insurance nonsense for good or ill iwhile beyond pissed---Ifound my self laughing hard. In that: well... not sure what else will go wrong today kind of way. Wich was a first for a while.

Question that I simply don't know an answer to:Do kavas grow in green houses from clippings? From what i've read some might others don't I'm thinking as a type pardon the dyslexic grammer and speeling.
(Seriusly I do have Dyslexia and some Autism just enough for me to have the social grace of a brick)

I was just thinking: Huh maybie in addition to farmers, maybie people could also grow some in a green house. I haven't a clue if you could build one with enough space though. Because that's what ABQ New Mexicos tropical adventure's garden was trying with some rare plants for preservation,
Anyway just an idea and thought maybe not a good one!

ShredMN

Kava Curious
Hmm this current bag of Pouni Uh Oh (Joke) I'm needing to soak and have a bit more on the TBS. I like the soaking part. I love love the slightly more well rounded slightly relaxed and silly life is good side. lol weirdly it's also helping a bit with chronic back pain. LOL that could also be from finding more stuff amusing and the chuckles and laughter are doing the trick.
I also like the feel of walking on a beach that i really mis from California.
Needing a little more than I did with the other bag? not so much. You do bring up a good point it might simply be different growers. I thought kava build was...kava build up. I may simply be wrong though!

Humorus anecdote: Yesterday when a therapist dropped me because of insurance nonsense for good or ill iwhile beyond pissed---Ifound my self laughing hard. In that: well... not sure what else will go wrong today kind of way. Wich was a first for a while.

Question that I simply don't know an answer to:Do kavas grow in green houses from clippings? From what i've read some might others don't I'm thinking as a type pardon the dyslexic grammer and speeling.
(Seriusly I do have Dyslexia and some Autism just enough for me to have the social grace of a brick)

I was just thinking: Huh maybie in addition to farmers, maybie people could also grow some in a green house. I haven't a clue if you could build one with enough space though. Because that's what ABQ New Mexicos tropical adventure's garden was trying with some rare plants for preservation,
Anyway just an idea and thought maybe not a good one!
I’ve also found kava to help a lot with back pain! About two weeks ago I strained a muscle in my lower back at work (I’m a carpenter) and the kava has helped far more than two different types of skeletal muscle relaxers I got from my doctor. I don’t know about skeletal pain, but it seems to be a godsend for muscle pain, which doesn’t surprise me if it truly does help to relax and loosen up muscles. The more I use kava, the more I become aware of how great this plant is! And it blows me away that there has never been any documented physical addiction to it! It’s definitely psychoactive, and to my knowledge it’s the only psychoactive substance I know of on earth that is incapable of eliciting withdrawals after regular use over sustained periods of time. It’s also great how many varieties there are, all of which have a different effect on the mind and body! Truly a great plant that has so many uses that can help soothe and heal!

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
I just tried the famous Pouni Ono last night and I got a weird jittery feeling too and then it was heavier later (more so than expected) making me sleep like a rock. It wasn't a super clean energized headiness like I got from Mo'i that just calmed down later and let me sleep. The sleepy, heavy part felt pretty nice but I don't know if I enjoyed it's headiness so much. I'll try it again some other night but I don't think this strain is for me though I will say that it was one of the most interesting I ever tried.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I’ve also found kava to help a lot with back pain! About two weeks ago I strained a muscle in my lower back at work (I’m a carpenter) and the kava has helped far more than two different types of skeletal muscle relaxers I got from my doctor. I don’t know about skeletal pain, but it seems to be a godsend for muscle pain, which doesn’t surprise me if it truly does help to relax and loosen up muscles. The more I use kava, the more I become aware of how great this plant is! And it blows me away that there has never been any documented physical addiction to it! It’s definitely psychoactive, and to my knowledge it’s the only psychoactive substance I know of on earth that is incapable of eliciting withdrawals after regular use over sustained periods of time. It’s also great how many varieties there are, all of which have a different effect on the mind and body! Truly a great plant that has so many uses that can help soothe and heal!
Not only is it non-addictive, it is anti-addictive and tends to make people effortlessly drop addictions they might have. I suspect this is possibly because addictions are a form of inflammation in the brain and the anti-inflammatory properties of kava knock those out. Decades ago they found they could cure junkies, alcoholics, and a number of other severe problems simply by giving them massive doses of aspirin which, unfortunately, killed them.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I just tried the famous Pouni Ono last night and I got a weird jittery feeling too and then it was heavier later (more so than expected) making me sleep like a rock. It wasn't a super clean energized headiness like I got from Mo'i that just calmed down later and let me sleep. The sleepy, heavy part felt pretty nice but I don't know if I enjoyed it's headiness so much. I'll try it again some other night but I don't think this strain is for me though I will say that it was one of the most interesting I ever tried.
YES that nailed it the bag before the one i'm trying just didn't feel as...clean or nice. T
this current one is more like it was from several years ago. On reddit they're guessing it's simply from other farms and or the last dregs of a older harvest with a new fresher one.

Not only is it non-addictive, it is anti-addictive and tends to make people effortlessly drop addictions they might have. I suspect this is possibly because addictions are a form of inflammation in the brain and the anti-inflammatory properties of kava knock those out. Decades ago they found they could cure junkies, alcoholics, and a number of other severe problems simply by giving them massive doses of aspirin which, unfortunately, killed them.
It's being my experience that some KavaKava's work well with pain helpers. I think I said in another post ones like Mahakea, or Hanakpi AI, 11year waka and Nabawan. I litterally was at tears from feeling better than I had (physically and mentally) for years. My guess is simillar to yours. In my case because I use prescribed meds only if it's safe with KavaKava's it takes my mind of the the lameness my body says. From say coming here to joke around with BubaBulla, or go for a walk the endorphines from having a nice case of the gigles, now that has been shown to help reduce cravings for horribly addictive stuff. As a real example one of aquaintences was on just terribly harsh Methadones (mom into that world before she met her current husband) He's gotten into KavaKava+CBD+other meds from the doctor and Has out right said that now if misses a dose of one of mis meds, it's less of a problem because he was living life.
The other happy story hear is the guy wants to sell kava with CBD's He's got a nonproffit going. I had sugested he come here to ask around for advice on selling kava's.
I hope that works out for the guy!

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
YES that nailed it the bag before the one i'm trying just didn't feel as...clean or nice. T
this current one is more like it was from several years ago. On reddit they're guessing it's simply from other farms and or the last dregs of a older harvest with a new fresher one.
Yeah I think something weird may have happened with the batch and it's normally better than that because when I got it there was 2 of the bigger bags left. And usually with anything the last of the product may not be as great as the freshest first packs of it. I'm not holding it against them though whether it just didn't like me so much or something actually was off. Things happen sometimes, no vendor can be perfect.

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
Looks like this is back in stock again. Anyone tried the most recent batch? How does it compare to the last two? I stocked up on the last round of micro and it seemed to lack some of the oomph of the previous batch. Although kavalactone percentages are not normally a deciding factor for me, it would be handy info in this case because I think my qualms are all about potency. In the meantime I can stick with the 2 precious pounds I have of medium grind I have from the original return.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Looks like this is back in stock again. Anyone tried the most recent batch? How does it compare to the last two? I stocked up on the last round of micro and it seemed to lack some of the oomph of the previous batch. Although kavalactone percentages are not normally a deciding factor for me, it would be handy info in this case because I think my qualms are all about potency. In the meantime I can stick with the 2 precious pounds I have of medium grind I have from the original return.
I'd like to know as well!
You migh like WakCon Lawena for having a simillar kind of feel. It doesn't taste as good, or as smooth.

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
I'd like to know as well!
You migh like WakCon Lawena for having a simillar kind of feel. It doesn't taste as good, or as smooth.
It would surprise me if a Lawena was similar to a Tongan, but I haven't tried anything from that company before so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.