What's new

Latest Pouni Ono

Status
Not open for further replies.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
It would surprise me if a Lawena was similar to a Tongan, but I haven't tried anything from that company before so who knows.
Oh all I was saying is WakaCon's Lawena and Pouni Ono for me have some things in common. And somethings not ^_^
Pouni Ono tastes smoother and just better in general. WakaCon's Lawena doesn't have much taste, the little it does is kind of flat. The old 2016 or what ever Poini Ono your right had a bit smoother upbeat goofy energetic kick, WakaCon's Lawena for me is still a bit like.
You might like it. The last two batches of Pouni Ono frankly just been kind of weird and just..off, not as tasty, smooth or consistant--like at all. Compare that to the equally gloriusly just darn nice Hanakapi Ai that even as recenlt as OrgeTober and DisMember was regularly leading me to nice energetic happy goofy place, that did at some point mellow out to just their and then go find a bed place.

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
Anyone tried it recently to see if it can match the first return batch or just generally is awesome?
I’m wondering if I just need to buy some to find out. It’s odd that no one here has had this batch. I am close to out of the last micro and it’s just not quite... it. Shipping has become so expensive I hate ordering a small amount.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I’m wondering if I just need to buy some to find out. It’s odd that no one here has had this batch. I am close to out of the last micro and it’s just not quite... it. Shipping has become so expensive I hate ordering a small amount.
My first bag From Jan was great the second one was just...off

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

gork

Kava Enthusiast
When I say kind of--off many years I I had the instant/micro of the Pouni. Wich fun, energetic, silly, and generally pretty enthusiasic festive upbeat feal to it.

The last bag I hag I had of the root I needed an enormous amount of the root to get even close to that, and then it left me fealing kind of weird and off.
Hopefully it was just those two bags, though from what i've read on read it plenty of people found up to Jan to Feb it was just weird and not quite right as a root.

I can't speek to the instant. It may have the old charming upbeat thing I for one liked. A old bottle of the instant had me laughing with friends through superbowl. but that one is from 2015.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I think the micro is made from the same shipments that are being currently sold most of the time. But yeah I agree totally, Gork. I get something from drinking that second batch but it is definitely not what one would hope for when drinking pouni. Its closer to something like bestfijikava's bargain stuff

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I think the micro is made from the same shipments that are being currently sold most of the time. But yeah I agree totally, Gork. I get something from drinking that second batch but it is definitely not what one would hope for when drinking pouni. Its closer to something like bestfijikava's bargain stuff
^^^^^

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
Sooooo... anyone try the latest? I keep asking hoping someone will say something. Of all the people here, surely someone has. It’s the only Tongan micro I know of. I have some of the good medium left but often find myself in a sudden need. I guess I haven’t tried it in the Alubottle yet. It’s such precious stuff (again) I don’t want to waste it on a weaker grog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Sooooo... anyone try the latest? I keep asking hoping someone will say something. Of all the people here, surely someone has. It’s the only Tongan micro I know of. I have some of the good medium left but often find myself in a sudden need. I guess I haven’t tried it in the Alubottle yet. It’s such precious stuff (again) I don’t want to waste it on a weaker grog.

That's what me and piper are saying as of THIS Febuary it simply didn't have as much umpf. And what it did have for me was kind of off or week. In the Wine world you might say it tasted weird or trying decanting it to bring out some flavor and richness.
That not quite a month back.
It took me at least an extra 1/2 tbs spoon to get anwywhere neer the same kind of pleasent upbeat energetized place that one had. Sounds like quite a few others had that experience as well.

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
I am pretty sure the January batch was still available in February. That’s the one I bought a lot of. I think they restocked in March. It would be nice if we could get batch numbers or release dates. I’m not quite sure why all vendors wouldn’t provide that info.
I will write to them and see when this batch came out. It’s possible I’m mistaken and you are talking about the batch I’m almost out of.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I am pretty sure the January batch was still available in February. That’s the one I bought a lot of. I think they restocked in March. It would be nice if we could get batch numbers or release dates. I’m not quite sure why all vendors wouldn’t provide that info.
I will write to them and see when this batch came out. It’s possible I’m mistaken and you are talking about the batch I’m almost out of.

See...this the kind of stuff that makes me say kava has a ways to go. Small things like that. I hope I didn't come across as defensive btw LOL .
hopefully when ever they refresh fresher and smoother than what ever one I had lol.

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
See...this the kind of stuff that makes me say kava has a ways to go. Small things like that. I hope I didn't come across as defensive btw LOL .
hopefully when ever they refresh fresher and smoother than what ever one I had lol.
You didn't. And I heard back from Justin. This batch came out in early February. That's a bummer. I was hoping the batch after the one I got in January would be better.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
You didn't. And I heard back from Justin. This batch came out in early February. That's a bummer. I was hoping the batch after the one I got in January would be better.
Yoink! lol Well then! As to better. We might be thinking the same thing. It just doesn't seems off somehow. lol Piper hit it well describing it as the kind of meh quality AcmeCo generic brand thing.

lol As to letting you know. Text doesn't translate stuff like voice well. So I just wanted to assure you it was meant to sound like a friendly yeah! I really hope they/him get it sorted out. Because man that last bag was just a bad batch and that's ok. He probably doesn't like having funky weird batches either lol!

gork

Kava Enthusiast
It would surprise me if a Lawena was similar to a Tongan, but I haven't tried anything from that company before so who knows.
OH lol I just meant I love LaughTastic type of Kava's. And one bag of WakaCons Lawena was BA for that. The last dregs of this one are also pretty laughtastice just not as much as the first one.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I stocked up on first return batch, is most recent one not in same league?
As of Last month? no where near it. I am not at all shy about saying so either. Simply did not feel at all the same either.
ThePiper or someone else that may have tried it since last month might know

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I cautiously say you might like their Samoan(Medium grind anyway) it's sort of simillar for me for a nice weeked thing. I needed to leet it soak for a lot longer in a blender after blending it. The Pouni Was ready in about 5-6 minutes. This I found i needed to let it do what ever happens for about 20.
On the other hand tasting better, and fresher. Frankly the last Pouni bag tasted just stale, and gross, even by Kava standards. It tasted like groundup voardboard mixed with nutswet, with side order of Poe The Pandas sox. After one mug of that I let it find the way to the Black Filing Bag.
The Soamoan has a really light kind nutmeg and ginger flavor.
. Probably part of why I found some OG JackieCheng so funny.

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
Melo Melo and Samoan, both on my checklist next!

I cautiously say you might like their Samoan(Medium grind anyway) it's sort of simillar for me for a nice weeked thing. I needed to leet it soak for a lot longer in a blender after blending it. The Pouni Was ready in about 5-6 minutes. This I found i needed to let it do what ever happens for about 20.
On the other hand tasting better, and fresher. Frankly the last Pouni bag tasted just stale, and gross, even by Kava standards. It tasted like groundup voardboard mixed with nutswet, with side order of Poe The Pandas sox. After one mug of that I let it find the way to the Black Filing Bag.
The Soamoan has a really light kind nutmeg and ginger flavor.
. Probably part of why I found some OG JackieCheng so funny.

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
I just received some Pouni Uno directly from them and its great. Maybe they possibly got a batch that was not as strong. I am definitely enjoying this.

Status
Not open for further replies.