What's new

Medicinal Usage Kava, mortality and death metal

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Feeling better now but I lost my permakrunk. The buzzing in my ears, the colour palette when I shut my eyes, the constant kava vibe underflow. Gone. I'd forgotten how drab closing my eyes used to be. Even the vivid dreams went.

Oh well. I'm guessing this was part of what I believe was a really bad reaction I had to oxybutynin and AZO, two drugs I was given to stop urinary spasms and pain. So on top of feeling like I was dying (extreme weakness and fatigue and pain, frequent hallucinations, inability to think, felt like being hit by a train and then wrapped in concrete while someone vigorously rammed a metal brush like you use for cleaning barbecue grills down my dick and then poured in vinegar, but perhaps I exaggerate, I am a very sensitive type) I couldn't taste or feel or enjoy kava. I could drink it but I couldn't taste it and it didn't do anything. As I started to recover over the past few days I could begin to taste it, and it tasted bad, like when I first started, and it didn't do anything (like drink 2 liters and feel nothing at all), like at the beginning, and I felt mouth numbing again, which I haven't felt for a year. So I guess I had rapidly reacquired reverse tolerance. But as I detoxed from the oxybutynin and azo this is coming back. Today I am feeling betterish and am drinking Leka Hina and I can taste it and feel it. Sigh. I really missed kava, that was one of the worst parts of feeling so bad.

If I can just reload that permakrunk, it'll be great. Heading back to work tomorrow, just an easy 4 hour shift.

Anyway, I'm going to recommend if anyone ever has to take oxybutynin or azo that they not drink kava at the same time. It could just be me and I had a bad reaction that would only happen to me, but it could be a heads up. You don't want to go through what I just went through this week. I'm guessing it's related to the kidneys since what got me out was to stop everything and just drink lots of water and flush everything out.

Man, Leka Hina tastes good, and feels good. It's coming back to me......

WaitingForGrogot

Kava Curious
Fantastic to hear that the surgery went well and that the pathologist report contained good news! It's inspiring to read how you've been coping with everything you've been going through, and indeed, quite humbling. I've not been having the greatest time of things recently for reasons that are trivial in comparison. I do think the therapeutic potential of Kava in terms of promoting good mental health and a positive mindset/outlook needs further study. It can help the world around you seem more manageable - not the substance itself per sey, as much as the outlook its effects help to encourage. I think kava has the potential to help many people, and its use in various forms of therapy should be promoted.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
Been incredibly busy with work and other things that I haven't been on here much lately. I hope you are doing as well as you can @Krunkie McKrunkface! I have a close buddy that's currently battling cancer. There is no way that I can remotely relate but I sincerely hope all go's well. You are truly an inspirational and positive soul among this world. Keep up the good fight buddy.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
@Krunkie McKrunkface , buddy I’m so sorry about that medication reaction. I’ve had a terrible one before that gave me permanent inner ear damage. I’m speculating that you don’t have any permanent damage since you haven’t mentioned it, but oh my goodness the suffering is real!

You’re a strong person. Hang in there and I hope you try your best to not worry about chores for awhile.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Well, I still don’t have the permakrunk back, that might take a while to build back up, layer by layer. But I can feel kava again, that’s sweet. Man I missed that. Kava is good! Kava is like a warm and loving friend.

It is miserable and cold and gray today but I am excited to go back to the job I love, what a privilege and a treat that is.

Thanks so much for all the kind words and wishes. Good karma probably does have health benefits, for all involved. I can feel it, I hope you can, too. Tank yu tumas.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
3 months
4 operations
2 different cancers
1 shell of iced savusavu with a bombilla
5 incisions, 4 hours in surgery
The look of agonized pain is mainly from the gas they pump into you, which will pass out in 2 or 3 days mostly. Despite what looks like genuine agony, I am over the moon with joy, everything went even better than I might have hoped, perhaps because I had possibly the best surgeon in the world with the best equipment and experience with it, at possibly the best hospital in the world for my condition. I am unbelievably lucky and grateful. Surrounded with help and well-wishes from loving family, friends, colleagues and community, both online and off. And decent health insurance thank God and my lil dodo. Yes that is a brownie, it’s just cbd and I do have a card.

Savusavu kicking in. Yes I am in a world of shit but I am not afraid (cool movie quote).the extreme pain will go away. I will get better and better. Mas fuerte que nunca. All I am filled with is gratitude (and gas) to God and to everybody else on down the chain of command. Savusavu kicking in. Mmm yes. Thanks Kava Time.

(Trying to post a photo)

Donwanagan

Kava Curious
When I first discovered kava having a profound effect on my life I began to think that either it would save my life or it would reconcile me with losing it. This thread is dedicated to the proposition tha not only can it do either, it can also do both.

For a long time I have been surrounded by cancer. My father died of cancer and my brother has been battling cancer, my mother had cancer, my wife has had cancer three times, my mother and brother tested positive for the BRCA gene muations that seem to make cancer out of thin air, you don't have to have any bad habits or moral failure to invite divine justice or anything, you jus have to breathe and eventualy it gets you.

Despite having no symptoms or any suffering or whatever, I have recently been diagnosed with two cancers, a tumor in the bladder and basically my entire prostate is now just one big tumor. And next week I will have surgery to remove the bladder cancer. Odds are good on that, found it early (by a fluke, when I was blessed by having an attack of gout, my first and only one ever in my life, at just the key moment, anyway, it's a long story, but gout might have saved my life, bless its pointy little head). Yo then monitor to see if it comes back and cut it out again, playing whackamole for years till you run out of bladder or you die of old age first.

As for the prostate, bone and CT scans show it is probably confined to the prostate, which means probably next month that will be removed. It is of the agressive type which means there is a likelihood it will return, but if you stay on it just as agressively, you can stave off the inevitable for longer than one would expect (or deserve). Given my good luck so far, my being on top of things, decent medical insurance, and recent advances in treatment, things look pretty good for me. I'll go through some sucky surgery and recovery and treatment, but it won't be so bad and it should keep me around a bit longer.

Thank God for kava. I sugest if you ever get cancer you drink a buttload of kava for a year first. And drink kava during procedures and after. I've had some interesting and painful procedures and surgery already and kava helped a lot. So did full blast death metal, it really does kill immediate pain.

Anyway, just opening the topic (Jimmy said I could) in case anyone has any questions, also to seriously discuss the therapeutic uses of kava, which are many and profound. And also maybe make it so anyone esle facing these issues or these kinds of issues has a place to talk about it.
Best wishes and prayers for you.
I dont know too much about cancer, i did have a prostate infection once and it was bad enough though.
Im saddened that such health concerns fall upon you, but your positive attitude is inspiring to me.

Kava4All

Kava Curious
Life can be difficult enough as it is. Stay strong brotha I'll keep you in my prayers!

Last edited:

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Hey buddy. Been thinking about you and your family. Hang in there. Hopefully we’ll see you in the virtual kava circles again soon.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Well, as is no surprise, given that I have metastatic prostate cancer, G9, very aggressive, that despite a good surgery and recovery, the cancer has come back and metasticized and is growing very quickly. This was expected. I have the BRCA2 genetic mutation which leads to these sorts of cancers. So I am doing 6 months of ADT and in the middle two months of it I will have close to daily radiation. It is still possible for this to be "cured" but this is pretty much the last chance stab at that. I might be doing a hardcore (super aggressive) drug trial, or just the usual (fairly aggressive) treatment of ADT + SRT. I am otherwise fit and mellow and have recovered well from all the surgeries this year. On a nice note, last week I had my third post-surgery cystoscopy which should my bladder is still clear of the bladder cancer I had, so that has not come back.

My only fear at this point is that I will probably have to be on a drug that requires prednisone as a companion (not as an anti-inflammatory but to replace hormones blocked by the ADT), which can be hepatoxic, so I may have to cut down or stop drinking kava, if there is a risk to my liver. That would be unfortunate as I was counting on kava to counteract some of the more noxious effects of the ADT and radiation. So far, as of yesterday, my liver is dandy, peachy even, so tonight I will drink me some good kava. And will continue to do so for as long as I can, and then if I have to take a 6 months break because of the treatment, oh well, I'll look forward to my next shell as soon as feasible.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Thanks for being a cyber-mentor for many of us. And an inspiration. Glad your liver is doing well. I wish you the best.

Well, as is no surprise, given that I have metastatic prostate cancer, G9, very aggressive, that despite a good surgery and recovery, the cancer has come back and metasticized and is growing very quickly. This was expected. I have the BRCA2 genetic mutation which leads to these sorts of cancers. So I am doing 6 months of ADT and in the middle two months of it I will have close to daily radiation. It is still possible for this to be "cured" but this is pretty much the last chance stab at that. I might be doing a hardcore (super aggressive) drug trial, or just the usual (fairly aggressive) treatment of ADT + SRT. I am otherwise fit and mellow and have recovered well from all the surgeries this year. On a nice note, last week I had my third post-surgery cystoscopy which should my bladder is still clear of the bladder cancer I had, so that has not come back.

My only fear at this point is that I will probably have to be on a drug that requires prednisone as a companion (not as an anti-inflammatory but to replace hormones blocked by the ADT), which can be hepatoxic, so I may have to cut down or stop drinking kava, if there is a risk to my liver. That would be unfortunate as I was counting on kava to counteract some of the more noxious effects of the ADT and radiation. So far, as of yesterday, my liver is dandy, peachy even, so tonight I will drink me some good kava. And will continue to do so for as long as I can, and then if I have to take a 6 months break because of the treatment, oh well, I'll look forward to my next shell as soon as feasible.

nashfire

Stay Rooted
Man Krunkie that is a bummer. Glad you have good news in there too! As Rosanna Danna said on SNL "If it's not one thing it's another." Enjoy shells while ya can. Fingers crossed; much daimoku (buddhist chant) and good karma directed your way! Heal quickly and don't let the bastads get ya down!::kavaleaf::::kavaleaf::::kavaleaf::::chugger::

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
First of 39 radiation sessions in a few minutes. They told me “full bladder” so I made a big jar of mahakea. I’m full all right.

Been on chemo for a month and a half, all good effects, no bad ones, so this looks promising. As long as my liver panels hold up I will stay the course with kava. In fact, I need to avoid stress, as that can mess up one of my drugs and get very risky. So calm it is.