What's new

Bulk order discounts?

Travis

Kava Enthusiast
Do any of our vendors here or elsewhere offer discounts for bulk orders? Over 100, free shipping over certain amounts or anything? Not looking for over a 10 kilo discount, more like 100 or 200. Or a few pounds.
I know KwK has one, does anyone else?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
It's getting harder with prices going up and supply not always being easy. I'm always looking around for deals so that I can pass it on as a pet supplement but there's not much around right now.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
Do any of our vendors here or elsewhere offer discounts for bulk orders? Over 100, free shipping over certain amounts or anything? Not looking for over a 10 kilo discount, more like 100 or 200. Or a few pounds.
I know KwK has one, does anyone else?
I don't think vendors would see a $200 spend as "bulk". I usually buy 4-5kg (up to $800 with delivery to the end of the world) at a time, and don't get discounts. You would probably need to be buying the 10+kg you mentioned to get any significant discount.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I don't think vendors would see a $200 spend as "bulk". I usually buy 4-5kg (up to $800 with delivery to the end of the world) at a time, and don't get discounts. You would probably need to be buying the 10+kg you mentioned to get any significant discount.

I dunno. It's whatever you can negotiate. I have had discounts on as little as $100 purchases and that was from big popular vendors we all know and love. Also had many vendors add nice little gifts in with larger orders and samples and etc. That's because I made it known to the internet that I would be willing to describe any kava as "cashewy" if it were given to me for free. jk, I don't believe I ever even asked for a discount but vendors often do given them voluntarily. For example, the "free shipping" when buying Tikaram's direct from them doesn't really seem on the face of it to be a discount, but for me it is a big enough discount to make the difference between purchasing it and not purchasing it. Their Vanuatu root is a good strong generic Vanuatu root, IMO, and their Kava Tonga is certainly good for mixing and the latest batch I got was appreciably better than previous batches.

I have also had a few vendors give me discounts that I was not aware of when I placed the orders, effectively protecting me from my own stupidity or carelessness or both, which I greatly appreciated.

Zaphod

Kava Lover

Is that all for personal use or are you running a small nak?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

Curious, don't you live at ground zero for kava? I wouldn't be buying anything if were you. :D

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
Curious, don't you live at ground zero for kava? I wouldn't be buying anything if were you. :D
Im only in Vanuatu for 6 months, so still have to buy dry powder like everyone else most of the time. The level of planting going on here at the moment is intense - in 5 years time there should be some real price drops/specials for bulk buys.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Im only in Vanuatu for 6 months, so still have to buy dry powder like everyone else most of the time. The level of planting going on here at the moment is intense - in 5 years time there should be some real price drops/specials for bulk buys.

At least you can Nak hop the other 6 months. :)

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
To the tune of Goldie Lookin' Chain's "You're Not From Newport"...
Yu no man Santo,
kava i mekem yu yu kam haf ded
bae mi bet yu 500...