What's new

Polynesian Gold™ 70% CO2 Extract - 10g Jar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
What's the best dose for this? Is there a difference in absorption between mixing it in water first vs. just taking it like a pill?
fwiw I just scoop up a bit with the tip of a spoon and put it under my tongue to absorb sub-lingually. Experiment for what is right for you, going easier at first, but I find about 3x the size of a matchhead is right for me and lasts 20 - 30 min. There's enough doses in a little jar I find the $25 price to be quite reasonable, considering how high quality it is. That'll mean anywhere from 15 - 25 spoons for me, depending on moods.

Last edited:

NileKinnick

Kava Curious
fwiw I just scoop up a bit with the tip of a spoon and put it under my tongue to absorb sub-lingually. Experiment for what is right for you, going easier at first, but I find about 3x the size of a matchhead is right for me and lasts 20 - 20 min. There's enough doses in a little jar I find the $25 price to be quite reasonable, considering how high quality it is. That'll mean anywhere from 15 - 25 spoons for me, depending on moods.
Do you notice a difference in onset sublingually vs just straight ingesting? Do kavalactones work like that? I know of a marked difference from personal experience having compared methods with benzos in the past. I have some of this now but I haven't busted it open yet. Was going to experiment this weekend to see if this might not be good for a "Break Glass In Case of Emergency" situation at work.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Do you notice a difference in onset sublingually vs just straight ingesting? Do kavalactones work like that? I know of a marked difference from personal experience having compared methods with benzos in the past. I have some of this now but I haven't busted it open yet. Was going to experiment this weekend to see if this might not be good for a "Break Glass In Case of Emergency" situation at work.
I find that sublingually it hits much more quickly and is more euphoric. Otherwise it takes 10 - 20 minutes and is broader. It really is nothing much like grog so I definitely do NOT recommend it for anxiety or for any needs at work. It's more a strictly pleasure thing. For work I would recommend actual grog or the Kava Kava Candies.

Incidentally, the most pleasurable way to enjoy the Polynesian Gold, IMO, is after drinking a little bit of grog. Again, this is strictly for pleasure. It gives a wonderful feeling of euphoria and peacefulness.

As for "do kavalactones work like that?" my answer would be: they do when processed. It's not the case with medium grind or grog. OK, one exception, I find when chewing dried pieces of waka or lawena that it is good t hold them under your tongue until saliva softens them up enough for chewing. The kava flakes I make, from sediment left at the bottom of jars and shells of grog, that I use exclusively sublingually, although they are fine milled into powder and made in a drink. I find a flake or two nder the tongue hits in a minute or two and lasts for 5 - 10 minutes It's really a small amount of kava, but feels wonderful. Of course, one can have a jar of flakes that one enjoys many times during a session of drinking grog, and I do that sometimes.

Fred G.

fwiw I have bought and enjoyed the

I find the consistency can vary. Sometimes it is grainier than others. Sometimes more oily or sticky. Also sometimes a bit more tangy in flavour, which is very nice, btw. The taste is always fine, IAE. I've found it to be of consistent quality regardless of consistency or taste and whether I got it from Amazon or directly from RoH, as I have done both.

The effect it has on me is about 20 - 30 minutes of euphoria and for this reason I like it occasionaly when that is all I want, without the euphoria followed by heavy mellow feeling that I get from euphoric kavas, where time is a factor. Sometimes you just want to enjoy that feeling for 20 or 30 minutes and then go on with doing something else rather than being committed to a sesh.

The other main use I have for it is when I want to drink a heavy kava but want to add a euphoric element to it, which I find very enjoyable. For me it greatly enhances heavy kavas that I might otherwise pass up on.

And there's those rare occasions when for a treat, on a weekend evening, I want to drink some grog, eat a couple of candies, drink some KWK concentrate, chew on a dried waka root and have some of the Polynesian Gold. And yes, that is as nice as it sounds.

Fred G.

I bought the Polynesian 70% gold from Amazon. Just got it today. Can you tell me the best way 2 use it and how much. I got a very tiny spoon with it.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I bought the Polynesian 70% gold from Amazon. Just got it today. Can you tell me the best way 2 use it and how much. I got a very tiny spoon with it.
just a regular spoon will work, you just want the tip.

I would start with something the size of a small pea, or half of a large pea. Matchhead is too small unless it's like those giant kitchen matches.

put it under your tongue and just let it sit there and dissolve, should take 2 or 3 minutes. Within 5 - 10 minutes effects should kick in. Pulsing soft warm waves washing down you from the top of your head would be about it, and a sense of calmness or peacefulness. Feels real nice.

If you hate the taste, you could throw it in a coconut or milk based smoothie, that works fine, but takes a tad longer to feel the effects.

Effects last about 20 minutes. Try not to do anything else distracting, so you can focus on how good it feels.

FWIW I like to have some when I am already drinking grog, feels extra nice

fwiw IMO though I have no doubt Doug really enjoyed the giant dose he took in his review vid but that is way too big for people just trying it. Sure, after 10 times maybe up the dose if you feel comfortable, but that was really a monster dose he took.

Fred G.

fwiw I have bought and enjoyed the

I find the consistency can vary. Sometimes it is grainier than others. Sometimes more oily or sticky. Also sometimes a bit more tangy in flavour, which is very nice, btw. The taste is always fine, IAE. I've found it to be of consistent quality regardless of consistency or taste and whether I got it from Amazon or directly from RoH, as I have done both.

The effect it has on me is about 20 - 30 minutes of euphoria and for this reason I like it occasionaly when that is all I want, without the euphoria followed by heavy mellow feeling that I get from euphoric kavas, where time is a factor. Sometimes you just want to enjoy that feeling for 20 or 30 minutes and then go on with doing something else rather than being committed to a sesh.

The other main use I have for it is when I want to drink a heavy kava but want to add a euphoric element to it, which I find very enjoyable. For me it greatly enhances heavy kavas that I might otherwise pass up on.

And there's those rare occasions when for a treat, on a weekend evening, I want to drink some grog, eat a couple of candies, drink some KWK concentrate, chew on a dried waka root and have some of the Polynesian Gold. And yes, that is as nice as it sounds.
I got my jar of Polynesian gold today and tried it but I got no effect from it. Can someone tell me what amount I should be taking and if it should be sublingual?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I got my jar of Polynesian gold today and tried it but I got no effect from it. Can someone tell me what amount I should be taking and if it should be sublingual?
Try 1/4 teaspoon. Fyi, extracts are better once you break through RT.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
After my post yesterday I opened a new little jar and followed my own instructions to the letter. It was amazeballs. Soooo-weet. Exactly as described, intended, and desired.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I couldnt find anything about the consistency of this. If it's not supposed to be like I got I wanna return it. I got it from amazon so it could be old stock.....wondering if anyone knows what the consistency should be ....?
most of the extracts ive had have all been a consistency i would call coarse peanut butter. Soft but not runny or hard with fine grade sand paper like particles in it.

Fred G.

After my post yesterday I opened a new little jar and followed my own instructions to the letter. It was amazeballs. Soooo-weet. Exactly as described, intended, and desired.
I hope I can get the same results as you. In your reply to me, you said the letters RT. What does that mean?

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
most of the extracts ive had have all been a consistency i would call coarse peanut butter. Soft but not runny or hard with fine grade sand paper like particles in it.
Forgot to say... extract will get softer in warm weather and harder in cold. I prefer mine refrigerated.

Last edited:

Fred G.

If you want to try some really good extract, go to top extracts dot-com. Under kava, you will find a a
If you want to find a super extract, go to top extracts.com and tap on kava and you will find a 60%
Go to top extracts.com and under kava you will find a 60 percent super critical CO2 extract that I have been told is way out this world. Top extracts has the best products such as red, white and green K@.

Fred G.

This is my third day using Polynesian gold and I still do not feel anything. I take suboxone every day and I am wondering if that could be the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.