What's new

Mahakea Medium Grind $35 per pound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redrider

Kava Curious
Sign up for vendor mailing lists...but also obsessively check the forum -- cuz that's just what one does.

What's been your method of prep, dosages and cultivars you've tried ?

I'm gonna tell you to drink at least 8 Tbsp of kava powder, on an empty stomach, mixed in 2 or 3 cups of water and consumed over the course of an hour, in a peaceful dimly lit environment. See how that does for your RT.
I've been blending approximately 6 level tablespoons on low for 5 minutes or so, and then on high for another 3 - 4 more. Then into a bag and thoroughly wringing it out.
In the medium grinds, Nangol, Nambawan, Mahakea, Mâlôlô, Loa Lawena, Ambae's, and Savuasu have all been part of the mix. I've also tried Mâlôlô micronised.
I've had flashes 2 or three times, but nothing sustained, and nothing super enjoyable. It's been a frustrating 6 weeks or so.
Edit: forgot to mention quantity

Last edited:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I've been blending approximately 6 level tablespoons on low for 5 minutes or so, and then on high for another 3 - 4 more. Then into a bag and thoroughly wringing it out.
In the medium grinds, Nangol, Nambawan, Mahakea, Mâlôlô, Loa Lawena, Ambae's, and Savuasu have all been part of the mix. I've also tried Mâlôlô micronised.
I've had flashes 2 or three times, but nothing sustained, and nothing super enjoyable. It's been a frustrating 6 weeks or so.
5 or 6 hour empty stomach?
6Tbsp is pretty good but if it ain't workin', just kick it up...try 8, try 10, try 12.

Redrider

Kava Curious
5 or 6 hour empty stomach?
6Tbsp is pretty good but if it ain't workin', just kick it up...try 8, try 10, try 12.
Always on an empty stomach.
I don't mind bumping it up a notch, but I worry about the sustainability of that amount of plant matter on my stomach and skin.
Generally speaking, does the high amount necessary to break through the reverse tolerance correlate with a higher than average amount necessary post RT ?
Anxious minds are inquiring.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
Always on an empty stomach.
I don't mind bumping it up a notch, but I worry about the sustainability of that amount of plant matter on my stomach and skin.
Generally speaking, does the high amount necessary to break through the reverse tolerance correlate with a higher than average amount necessary post RT ?
Anxious minds are inquiring.
I'm not sure if the necessity of a high dose to 'break-through' 'RT' is indicative of a person who will require high-doses in perpetuity. But, it's definitely worth a shot and some people (like me) are natural born 'hard-heads', who simply require more root to achieve desirable effects. Cost-wise, tankers are screwed...as far as stomach and skin go, yeah, more ro0t - more problems. I'm particularly sensitive to negative stomach effects, which is unfortunate for someone who requires so much root...but I've got dermo pretty well under control cuz I have good strong nylon strainer bags of various micron sizes...and I regularly lotion up after showering...plus eating fish oil.

Redrider

Kava Curious
I'm not sure if the necessity of a high dose to 'break-through' 'RT' is indicative of a person who will require high-doses in perpetuity. But, it's definitely worth a shot and some people (like me) are natural born 'hard-heads', who simply require more root to achieve desirable effects. Cost-wise, tankers are screwed...as far as stomach and skin go, yeah, more ro0t - more problems. I'm particularly sensitive to negative stomach effects, which is unfortunate for someone who requires so much root...but I've got dermo pretty well under control cuz I have good strong nylon strainer bags of various micron sizes...and I regularly lotion up after showering...plus eating fish oil.
So, a few questions, if I may:
1. On average, approximately how many tablespoons (or grams) total do you use per session ?
2. What's your solution with regard to straining (micron size-wise) to mitigate the worst of the gastrointestinal issues ?
3. How many mg of fish oil do you consume daily ?

Thank you for the education. I see you offering help/advice all over this forum, and I'm grateful for it.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
So, a few questions, if I may:
1. On average, approximately how many tablespoons (or grams) total do you use per session ?
2. What's your solution with regard to straining (micron size-wise) to mitigate the worst of the gastrointestinal issues ?
3. How many mg of fish oil do you consume daily ?

Thank you for the education. I see you offering help/advice all over this forum, and I'm grateful for it.
1) I average 8(+) Tbsp of kava powder + 2.5 or 3 cups water daily. I knead for 10-12 min with an immediate "second wash" in less water.
2) Larger micron strainers let me adjust for grinds that are large, that would be weak in a fine strainer. Fine micron strainers allow me to strain finer to help avoid dermo and stomach issues. But I usually stay in "my" middle, which is 100 micron...big enough to make the batch potent enough, small enough to keep the dermo at bay for longer periods and not cause too much stomach discomfort. I rarely win both sides of the game, but 100 micron is best for me.
3)1000-2000mg Fish oil most days...plus regular consumption of sweet potato. (vitamin A)

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Sign up for vendor mailing lists...but also obsessively check the forum -- cuz that's just what one does.

What's been your method of prep, dosages and cultivars you've tried ?

I'm gonna tell you to drink at least 8 Tbsp of kava powder, on an empty stomach, mixed in 2 or 3 cups of water and consumed over the course of an hour, in a peaceful dimly lit environment. See how that does for your RT.
Just out of curiosity, did we clear up the question about the mailing list and who gets the info?

ThePiper

Kava Lover
1) I average 8(+) Tbsp of kava powder + 2.5 or 3 cups water daily. I knead for 10-12 min with an immediate "second wash" in less water.
2) Larger micron strainers let me adjust for grinds that are large, that would be weak in a fine strainer. Fine micron strainers allow me to strain finer to help avoid dermo and stomach issues. But I usually stay in "my" middle, which is 100 micron...big enough to make the batch potent enough, small enough to keep the dermo at bay for longer periods and not cause too much stomach discomfort. I rarely win both sides of the game, but 100 micron is best for me.
3)1000-2000mg Fish oil most days...plus regular consumption of sweet potato. (vitamin A)
What does the fish oil do for you? Prevent stomach problems?

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
What does the fish oil do for you? Prevent stomach problems?
Hypothetically, fish oil and vitamin A would be beneficial for your sebaceous glands and skin, to help keep dermo at bay. It also mimics what NiVans would be consuming regularly...fish and sweet potato. Though the most important piece of the puzzle might be fresh kava vs. dry kava.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Man would I love to try fresh kava, even frozen. I was hoping to hear that fish oil would help with the occasional stomach issues from kava!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Wow. That would krunk my nads off.....

Status
Not open for further replies.