What's new

Greeting to All!!!

How many on here have tried Kavafied's Kava Supreme and how would you rate it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KavaOkie

Kava Curious
:happy:
Hello Friends,
My name is Nick I am an Okie from the great state of Oklahoma and am brand new to Kava. My first experience was with Tikaram's Tongan Kava which can be purchased on Amazon. I went through that first 8 oz bag in approximately 5 days and loved it. It had great effects from the very first cup and continued to be enjoyable all the way to the last. Upon running out, I quickly ordered up a lb of Kavafied's Kava Supreme with a slight let down. I had high hopes that the intensity and euphoria I got from the no-name brand Tikaram's would be bountifully more in a huge brand that created the Aluball, much to my chagrin it did not. While Kava Supreme is a good Kava in comparison and relaxing and calming I didn't get the peak I received with Tikaram's Tonga that literally made me at one point feel happy and one with the universe. My story is probably I am assuming of course like some here on this forum. I was an alcoholic drinking every night and once I quit I needed something to take the edge off at the end of the day and take the place of the drinks I would have on the weekends to just feel relaxed and happy. Kava has become that for me. I am so thankful to have found it and have the ability to not touch alcohol. At this point today I have actually be sober from alcohol for three weeks which is the longest I haven't had a drop since I can't remember. My reasons for joining this forum are probably also like a lot of others, I am searching for good Kavas to enjoy on a regular basis that won't break the bank and give me the calming satisfaction that I have found in the roots of this wonderful plant. Thanks for reading this whomever you may be and any help would be fantastically appreciated!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
:happy:
Hello Friends,
My name is Nick I am an Okie from the great state of Oklahoma and am brand new to Kava. My first experience was with Tikaram's Tongan Kava which can be purchased on Amazon. I went through that first 8 oz bag in approximately 5 days and loved it. It had great effects from the very first cup and continued to be enjoyable all the way to the last. Upon running out, I quickly ordered up a lb of Kavafied's Kava Supreme with a slight let down. I had high hopes that the intensity and euphoria I got from the no-name brand Tikaram's would be bountifully more in a huge brand that created the Aluball, much to my chagrin it did not. While Kava Supreme is a good Kava in comparison and relaxing and calming I didn't get the peak I received with Tikaram's Tonga that literally made me at one point feel happy and one with the universe. My story is probably I am assuming of course like some here on this forum. I was an alcoholic drinking every night and once I quit I needed something to take the edge off at the end of the day and take the place of the drinks I would have on the weekends to just feel relaxed and happy. Kava has become that for me. I am so thankful to have found it and have the ability to not touch alcohol. At this point today I have actually be sober from alcohol for three weeks which is the longest I haven't had a drop since I can't remember. My reasons for joining this forum are probably also like a lot of others, I am searching for good Kavas to enjoy on a regular basis that won't break the bank and give me the calming satisfaction that I have found in the roots of this wonderful plant. Thanks for reading this whomever you may be and any help would be fantastically appreciated!
I like them both. Supreme is an excellent painkilling heavy kava that also tastes good. Tikaram's Kava Tonga is a heady, euphoric and much lighter kava. They aren't really comparable, more complementary than competing. I do find Supreme to be the much stronger of the two, so I guess our experiences are fairly diametrically opposite. But, as one says, there is considerable individual variation when it comes to kava.

KavaOkie

Kava Curious
Truly surprised to hear that you had a more stronger cup with the Supreme over the Tika. That's good to know and great information. Being new to the Kava world I am not very informed on the subject. One thing I can mention to which I do not know makes a difference is that the Tika had a much more pungent smell in the bag in comparison to the Supreme. I have very much definitely been chasing that oneness that I felt on a couple shells of Tika in one of my first experiences with Kava. My normal mixture has been about 2 heaping tablespoons of Kava to approximately 500ml of water in an Aluball shaker.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
For me, Kava Supreme is one of a handful of relatively potent kavas...and all the Tikaram kavas I tried were so weak that even megadoses were mild.

KavaOkie

Kava Curious
Well I still have a 1/2 lb of the Supreme to go through and enjoy, but after that I will have to have something to try out next. What route should I take? Which of the Kavas out there would be good for someone who is brand new and looking for new experiences? I really like the euphoria given by something strong, but in my minimal knowledge and opinion the Kava Supreme seems just calming and not very euphoric. Thanks again to all who have liked and posted on this thread so far!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Well I still have a 1/2 lb of the Supreme to go through and enjoy, but after that I will have to have something to try out next. What route should I take? Which of the Kavas out there would be good for someone who is brand new and looking for new experiences? I really like the euphoria given by something strong, but in my minimal knowledge and opinion the Kava Supreme seems just calming and not very euphoric. Thanks again to all who have liked and posted on this thread so far!
Check out Hawaiian varieties if you're looking for more euphoric undertones. Moi is on the uplifting end of the spectrum whereas Kavas Supreme is fully on the opposite side. Very sedative. Hawaiian kavas tend to have a distinct euphoric push to them. Personally I'm a Vanuatu kava guy. I like the day ending power of a strong sedative kava.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I second what everyone else is saying. Kava Supreme is "stronger," but not necessarily more euphoric. Kava is known to have both "heavy" and "heady" effects. It sounds like you were enjoying "heady" effects from the Tongan. Regarding the potency of the Supreme, it may simply be that you are looking for "heady" effects in a "heavy" kava. Another consideration regarding the potency is "reverse tolerance." Kava contains at least 18 kavalactones, with 5 predominating. I haven't seen much discussion on the matter, but I have a suspicion that "reverse tolerance" may be overcome for different kavalactones at different rates. This is conjecture, but I wonder if it may be possible that you are through reverse tolerance for the headier more euphoric effects, but still in reverse tolerance for the heavier more muscle relaxant effects.

I would recommend experimenting with Tongan, Hawaiian, and those Fijian Kavas that are labeled heady or balanced. I've enjoyed Kavafied's Tongan, BKH's Akau, GHK's Mo'i, Kavafied's Kava Bati, Kava Time's Taveuni's Secret, that all might be closer to what you are looking for. Supreme is high quality kava; you might have to acquire a "taste" for its effects profile, or might find you like to use it for blending with other kavas to fill out the experience.

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
For me, Kava Supreme is one of a handful of relatively potent kavas...and all the Tikaram kavas I tried were so weak that even megadoses were mild.
Really? Did you try the tikaram’s Vanuatu? I find that stuff very strong. Basically decent strong heavy generic Vanuatu root. I have to use less or it is too strong. Like Supreme, or VanuWAKA, or Savusavu.

KavaOkie

Kava Curious
Wow this is all great information. And guys I think you are all on to something. The more I go down the path of the Kava Supreme, I am seeing that it has it’s own very chill feeling. I am starting to really enjoy it. But also, I am guessing that the more uplifting Kava feeling is the euphoria I am chasing. I would be willing to bet that a combination of the 2 at some mad scientist level is going to be exactly what I am looking for when this is all said and done. I ordered a new batch today based on recommendations and pricing. Got some BKH Akua on its way!

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Wow this is all great information. And guys I think you are all on to something. The more I go down the path of the Kava Supreme, I am seeing that it has it’s own very chill feeling. I am starting to really enjoy it. But also, I am guessing that the more uplifting Kava feeling is the euphoria I am chasing. I would be willing to bet that a combination of the 2 at some mad scientist level is going to be exactly what I am looking for when this is all said and done. I ordered a new batch today based on recommendations and pricing. Got some BKH Akua on its way!
I love supreme, but yeah, I never felt euphoria from it. That’s not what it is about.

Now from bati, or kavafied’s kava Tonga, oh yeah.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I second what everyone else is saying. Kava Supreme is "stronger," but not necessarily more euphoric. Kava is known to have both "heavy" and "heady" effects. It sounds like you were enjoying "heady" effects from the Tongan. Regarding the potency of the Supreme, it may simply be that you are looking for "heady" effects in a "heavy" kava. Another consideration regarding the potency is "reverse tolerance." Kava contains at least 18 kavalactones, with 5 predominating. I haven't seen much discussion on the matter, but I have a suspicion that "reverse tolerance" may be overcome for different kavalactones at different rates. This is conjecture, but I wonder if it may be possible that you are through reverse tolerance for the headier more euphoric effects, but still in reverse tolerance for the heavier more muscle relaxant effects.

I would recommend experimenting with Tongan, Hawaiian, and those Fijian Kavas that are labeled heady or balanced. I've enjoyed Kavafied's Tongan, BKH's Akau, GHK's Mo'i, Kavafied's Kava Bati, Kava Time's Taveuni's Secret, that all might be closer to what you are looking for. Supreme is high quality kava; you might have to acquire a "taste" for its effects profile, or might find you like to use it for blending with other kavas to fill out the experience.
Good point about different rates of RT for different kavalactones.

Ena Barry

Kava Curious
I like them both. Supreme is an excellent painkilling heavy kava that also tastes good. Tikaram's Kava Tonga is a heady, euphoric and much lighter kava. They aren't really comparable, more complementary than competing. I do find Supreme to be the much stronger of the two, so I guess our experiences are fairly diametrically opposite. But, as one says, there is considerable individual variation when it comes to kava.
I can't seem to find Tikaram's Kava Tonga online? Where can I purchase from?