What's new

Kava and Sensory Deprivation Float Spa?

KavaOkie

Kava Curious
Brand new to the forums, hoping I posted this in the correct forum. My question for my fellow Kava people is pretty basic, but I hope sparks some interesting conversation. Recently my wife and I went to a sensory deprivation float spa, and I was curious if anyone here has ever taken Kava and then went to one of these spas. I was amazed at how much the float spa really made me feel relaxed and I came out feeling like a new man. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried the 2 things at the same time and what others observations were while on Kava during sensory deprivation experiences.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Brand new to the forums, hoping I posted this in the correct forum. My question for my fellow Kava people is pretty basic, but I hope sparks some interesting conversation. Recently my wife and I went to a sensory deprivation float spa, and I was curious if anyone here has ever taken Kava and then went to one of these spas. I was amazed at how much the float spa really made me feel relaxed and I came out feeling like a new man. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried the 2 things at the same time and what others observations were while on Kava during sensory deprivation experiences.
Former member @kavadude made a tank...I can't remember if he mentioned drinking kava in it, I'm sure he did...I think he got so relaxed he never came out to tell us about it. Some say he is still floating, to this day.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
No, but I have altered states on dvd, and I have a cassette of the soundtrack by john corigliano, pretty rare in that it is encoded for surround sound, although on the dvd it is did 5.1, but does not have a separate Music only option, unlike Space Jam, which came out on warner dvd at the same time. I mean, it is nice to have the music for space jam alone without talking, in 5.1 surround, but I would rather have the s/t to altered states, by a serious modern composer, an actual serious work, even if the movie is goofy kitsch fun. Ok it was supposed to be a horror movie, but it got weird. Makes a good double bill with the full uncensored the devils, by Ken Russell (which was historically faithful, btw, and based on an excellent book by aldous Huxley, the devils of loudon. Not to be confused with loudon wainwright III. Sorry, what was the question?

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I will try this this week, my flaot tank place offers kava shots as well :)

John Bytell

Kava Enthusiast
I have done floats several times and loved it. Have not tried it after kava but I think it would be helpful. It always took me the full hour to shut my mind chatter up!

KavaOkie

Kava Curious
Well hopefully I have opened a door for all of us who utilize float spas for relaxation. One thing to note, I have a Jacuzzi in my backyard and it is my go to at the end of the day. When I get home, I make my kava and then I get in the hot tub. And I do not know if anyone else has had this experience but it seems to intensify the feelings I get from the Kava as opposed to just relaxing on the couch. So my thought is maybe the relaxation of the float spa when combined with a Kava because of the way it seems to focus attention may lead to a greater “revealing” if you will when in sensory deprivation.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Certainly worth a shot - but I doubt it would be my thing. I enjoy the sensory input while on kava.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I have done floats several times and loved it. Have not tried it after kava but I think it would be helpful. It always took me the full hour to shut my mind chatter up!
Best mindful way I know of to calm the mind chatter down is to rember that the chatterer(s) are not you but rather creation(s) of your mind. The real you that is the creator and not the chatterer can simply observe, listen, and see much of it for the nonsense it is. Mildly amusing for a little while, it gets stale after a bit and the chatterers become more and more self-conscious and circumspect, the chatter drifting off until it pretty much totally shuts the hell up finally, so you can really think. Or do sweet nothing. Kava is really great in helping with this. For me, anyway.

Travis

Kava Enthusiast
Sensory deprivation? I've had that for years! I have significant hearing loss in one ear, my nasal passages are always jammed and my finger tips are half burned and half callous. That's most of the senses, anyway.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Drinking kava in a dark, quiet place at night is sort of like sensory deprivation already. Sometimes heavy kavas can cause a bit of a ganzfeld effect, where closing your eyes causes random optic patterns to float around. On rare occasions, I've concentrated on the closed-eye optical phenomena and seen organized patterns, faces and leaves. Nothing really psychedelic, more like looking up at clouds and imagining what they look like.

It helps to get fuldrong to the point of becoming photosenitive, yet not to the point of going crosseyed or nauseous. Noble(ish) or medicinal type, high-DHM kavas seem to make the best visuals for me.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Drinking kava in a dark, quiet place at night is sort of like sensory deprivation already. Sometimes heavy kavas can cause a bit of a ganzfeld effect, where closing your eyes causes random optic patterns to float around. On rare occasions, I've concentrated on the closed-eye optical phenomena and seen organized patterns, faces and leaves. Nothing really psychedelic, more like looking up at clouds and imagining what they look like.

It helps to get fuldrong to the point of becoming photosenitive, yet not to the point of going crosseyed or nauseous. Noble(ish) or medicinal type, high-DHM kavas seem to make the best visuals for me.
Nambawan has best visuals for me. Full on psychedelic. In the right dose.

NAMBATU

Kava Enthusiast
Where would you spit, all shut up in a floating box?
It's hard to say what tastes worse: kava or epsom salt. They use epsom salt in the floatation tank water, if you get it in your mouth, believe me you won't be gentlemanly about it.

D

dayaneterrace

Is sensory deprivation really that cool? My friends recommend it to me a lot but I don't know what to choose

K

karissatbeltran

Sounds like you had an amazing experience at the sensory deprivation float spa!