What's new

New product from Vanuatu

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Just picked up some of this - hopefully it will stop my young kids from bouncing off the walls for an hour or two whilst I have my evening session..

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
isn't the pacific full of all sorts of kava chews and candies and gum and such, much of it made in China from (dubious?) extract? Not that all of it is suspect, but some is. This being handmade in Vanuatu might be different, but how many people in Vanuatu need to be told that Bislama is a language spoken in Vanuatu? This might be for other markets? I'm probably just paranoid about anything where I don't know for sure what it is.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
isn't the pacific full of all sorts of kava chews and candies and gum and such, much of it made in China from (dubious?) extract? Not that all of it is suspect, but some is. This being handmade in Vanuatu might be different, but how many people in Vanuatu need to be told that Bislama is a language spoken in Vanuatu? This might be for other markets? I'm probably just paranoid about anything where I don't know for sure what it is.
It is for the tourist/expat market,of course, but is a niche product being made with cocoa beans from Aore island in a small family run business on Aore. They do a range of chocolates with local ingredients (ginger, tamarind etc), not only kava. It's expensive too, but won some international chocolate awards of some kind recently, so thought I'd get some. (I haven't ever seen any other kava candy/chew/gimmick in Vanuatu since the cruise-ship targeted Kava Store in Vila shut down a couple of years ago - all that stuff is for the overseas market only).

It was nice chocolate, with a noticeable kava tongue tingle, but didn't stop the kids bouncing off the walls one bit, so the kava content is only for taste not effect. Back to the drawing board!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
It is for the tourist/expat market,of course, but is a niche product being made with cocoa beans from Aore island in a small family run business on Aore. They do a range of chocolates with local ingredients (ginger, tamarind etc), not only kava. It's expensive too, but won some international chocolate awards of some kind recently, so thought I'd get some. (I haven't ever seen any other kava candy/chew/gimmick in Vanuatu since the cruise-ship targeted Kava Store in Vila shut down a couple of years ago - all that stuff is for the overseas market only).

It was nice chocolate, with a noticeable kava tongue tingle, but didn't stop the kids bouncing off the walls one bit, so the kava content is only for taste not effect. Back to the drawing board!

sounds like I want a few cases :)

It's a beautiful package.

Last edited: