What's new

Best Fiji Kava, Inc

AKWAKA

These folks have some good pricing on the Fijian Waka and Lowena. Both are faves of mine, however they do not do testing. I called and asked about it and he simply said they do not test and reassured they did not have tudei in his product.
He did refer me to this forum. Any one out there had any experience with this vendor?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
These folks have some good pricing on the Fijian Waka and Lowena. Both are faves of mine, however they do not do testing. I called and asked about it and he simply said they do not test and reassured they did not have tudei in his product.
He did refer me to this forum. Any one out there had any experience with this vendor?
I have bought from Best Fijian several times and it always went well. I actually recommend to people their Fijian Lawena to have on hand as a mixer, especially for when you want to drink a kava that is either too strong or too heavy for you to drink straight at the moment. You can blend down with the lawena also while adding taste. It's also just fine completely on its own now and then as a treat. The others are merely ok. The Waka is fine and you can certainly get a good krunk on with it, but there's nothing really special about it that leaps out at you. Still, it is generic Fijian waka and Fijian waka is good, so it's good. It's just not top shelf by any means. As for their service, just fine. They've been in business for a long time, they deal mostly to Pacific folk in the US, and usually in large quantities. Heck, I usually buy large quantities from them. They aren't really a boutique operation. Still, I have now about 8 lbs of their lawena in my pantry and I'm glad I do. It gets used regularly and the price is fine, in comparison to the general market.

Learning to navigate their web site to find the product you want in the quantity and price you want is an art form, not really left to amateurs. Also, Many folks resell their stuff at a markup, esp on eBay. I recommend only buying Best Fijian products directly from Best Fijian, using their impossible web site. The staff are pleasant and seem to know exactly what they are doing.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
one correction on your list, for the Fiji Market (Tikaram's) kavas those prices from their site do include the postage.
Excellent! Thank you for the heads up. I've updated it to reflect that.

If you see any other issues please let me know. I want this thing to be as easy and as accurate as possible.

AKWAKA

I have bought from Best Fijian several times and it always went well. I actually recommend to people their Fijian Lawena to have on hand as a mixer, especially for when you want to drink a kava that is either too strong or too heavy for you to drink straight at the moment. You can blend down with the lawena also while adding taste. It's also just fine completely on its own now and then as a treat. The others are merely ok. The Waka is fine and you can certainly get a good krunk on with it, but there's nothing really special about it that leaps out at you. Still, it is generic Fijian waka and Fijian waka is good, so it's good. It's just not top shelf by any means. As for their service, just fine. They've been in business for a long time, they deal mostly to Pacific folk in the US, and usually in large quantities. Heck, I usually buy large quantities from them. They aren't really a boutique operation. Still, I have now about 8 lbs of their lawena in my pantry and I'm glad I do. It gets used regularly and the price is fine, in comparison to the general market.

Learning to navigate their web site to find the product you want in the quantity and price you want is an art form, not really left to amateurs. Also, Many folks resell their stuff at a markup, esp on eBay. I recommend only buying Best Fijian products directly from Best Fijian, using their impossible web site. The staff are pleasant and seem to know exactly what they are doing.
Thanks for the thorough review, much obliged. I have been drinking Kava for about 7 months now and am steadily learning about it as I go. I did have the bad experience of at least 1 vendor selling "Noble" that had a prolonged negative affect for a couple of days. Shortly after that I read about Tudei and am convinced it was tainted, I really did not like it. Now that I have found clean Kava I have no issues. Your info was helpful sir.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
where is this sheet?
Hi there. I had been updating a sheet of vendor pricing for a good while, but unfortunately my work life took a steep dive off the "free time" cliff, and I had to put it on hold for right now. I do intend on revisiting once my schedule frees up more.

Edit: If anyone would like to take up the task of keeping pricing up I'd be more than happy to add them to the sheet for editing purposes. I would only ask that it would be someone who was active on Kavaforums for at least 4 months.

Kavacoordinate

Kava Enthusiast
I just found the doc. thanks man. Are you stil
Hi there. I had been updating a sheet of vendor pricing for a good while, but unfortunately my work life took a steep dive off the "free time" cliff, and I had to put it on hold for right now. I do intend on revisiting once my schedule frees up more.

Edit: If anyone would like to take up the task of keeping pricing up I'd be more than happy to add them to the sheet for editing purposes. I would only ask that it would be someone who was active on Kavaforums for at least 4 months.
I just found the sheet. Thanks man. Hey are you still the extract expert? Or who was that?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Which is your favorite? I have Judd's extract and I love the taste, but I don't seem to get much effect from extracts.
My absolutely favorite extract was made by Paradise Kava, but unfortunately he shut down a few years ago. I don't necessarily buy extract anymore due to my consumption pattern and the price of extracts in general (other than my wife, she drinks KWK drink conentrate). If I had to suggest one of anyone's straight extracts it would be Judd's.

To tell you to the truth, extracts were nearly always a 100% heady experience for me. There was a piece of the kava puzzle missing when I ate extracts. That characteristic sedation seems to be absent from them.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
My absolutely favorite extract was made by Paradise Kava, but unfortunately he shut down a few years ago. I don't necessarily buy extract anymore due to my consumption pattern and the price of extracts in general (other than my wife, she drinks KWK drink conentrate). If I had to suggest one of anyone's straight extracts it would be Judd's.

To tell you to the truth, extracts were nearly always a 100% heady experience for me. There was a piece of the kava puzzle missing when I ate extracts. That characteristic sedation seems to be absent from them.
I would say that that specific aspect you describe experiencing with extracts, may appeal to some.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Their AAA Grade Waka is a really nice balanced with a heady overtone. I'm surprised how much I liked this kava and it's so cheap! It also seems to effect my skin a lot less than other kavas I've had.
Yes the A grade Waka seems quite potent enough. Has a lovely fragrance. But not as euphorically heady to me as WoW for example, and more plainly heavy.

What exactly is the difference between their AAA Grade, and their Premium Grade ?

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
What exactly is the difference between their AAA Grade, and their Premium Grade ?
A few dollars! Lol, but it's true. We assume quality and potency is superior. In which case, a very small and worthy premium to pay I say.

The Grade A Vanuatu looks like the pick of the bunch I would say, but I haven't tried that one personally.