What's new

Single Aluball not suited for BT?

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
Hello people!
I've just received my aluball shaker but it comes only with a single Aluball.
I'm aiming at strong grog without wasting too much money so the question is... Should I stick to trad prep?

Maybe you guys have some magic cues to share about getting the most out of a single Aluball?

Help me breaking through to the other side!(y)

BTW thanks for all of your large (and quick) sharing on this forum it is over what a new comer would expect for sure!

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hello people!
I've just received my aluball shaker but it comes only with a single Aluball.
I'm aiming at strong grog without wasting too much money so the question is... Should I stick to trad prep?

Maybe you guys have some magic cues to share about getting the most out of a single Aluball?

Help me breaking through to the other side!(y)

BTW thanks for all of your large (and quick) sharing on this forum it is over what a new comer would expect for sure!
the more balls the better, IMO, especially if you are making a big quantity of grog at once, but you can still make great strong grog with only one ball and can still do double balling and triple balling. There are ways to do all of that, fairly simple. Do not worry. Later, when you think another ball or two or three will be even better, you'll get more, but there is no rush, you can make grog as you like with just one.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
You can get by with one but an issue is that you don't want to make your mix too thick or you won't get the most out of the root. If you want strong kava with one ball then try using quite a lot of water, say nearly full on the bottle, then shaking one ball filled about halfway until you've got a good amount out. Then fish the ball out, save the root for another wash and fill the ball with fresh. Pop that back into the previously shaken mix and then save that root for another wash. That way you're getting a double mix of kava into one wash. You're going to get more KL's and not thicken your water too much which would cut down on the efficiency of the whole process. Use the saved root for your last wash of the session. It will still give you something although not as strong as the first washes of course.

Added... My point with that is that a thin kava mix can still give you a strong effect, you just need to use more liquid and drink more liquid. I always worry that when your mix gets too thick you're not going to extract the most out of it.

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
So much valuable, thanks! I'll go experimenting and maybe let you know how it goes after a few weeks of use.

Cheers!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
So much valuable, thanks! I'll go experimenting and maybe let you know how it goes after a few weeks of use.

Cheers!
quick recipe: 2 TBS grind in a ball with 300 ml water. Shake for a minute and pour into a jug. Then do another wash with the same ball using 200 ml water. Shake for two minutes, add to the jug with the first wash and mix. That should make you a half litre of decent grog.

If you need it stronger than that, experiment with using less water, down to as far as 200 ml on the first wash and 150 ml on the second. And of course, you can drink that, then repeat in a half hour for the start of a good session.