What's new

Campaign to legalize kava in Poland

Status
Not open for further replies.

verticity

I'm interested in things
This article just came out about how kava is still very illegal in Poland:

http://dailypost.vu/news/kava-banned-in-poland/article_845575d3-6dd0-5c03-a1c4-e0720c868a7a.html

In Poland, kava is the equivalent of a US Schedule I substance. You can go to jail for possession, etc. It seems it was included in sweeping legislation about "legal highs" and designer drugs by legislators who really had no idea what it is.

But another interesting thing in that article--that I was not aware of--is that there is actually a campaign to legalize it in Poland, with a Polish language Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/legalnakava

..of course the picture of the Polish Pope, John Paul II, drinking kava is displayed prominently on the page.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Update from the Vanuatu Daily Post, featuring a photo of the frequently quoted former Ambassador and human teddy bear, Roy Mickey Joy.
http://dailypost.vu/news/call-for-d...cle_f11c5004-3b1d-59ee-af8a-04106dd9ca9c.html

Excerpt:
"The issue of kava in the 27-member European Parliament has been agreed to as a “bilateral issue” and according to Vanuatu’s former Dean of Ambassadors to the EU, Roy Mickey Joy, this is understood.

Regarding Poland’s position on kava, the former senior diplomat says, “My advice is for the Vanuatu Government through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to request through a diplomatic note through the Vanuatu High Commission in Canberra to the Polish Embassy in Canberra, to kick-start the process of dialogue. That is the first part.
During the EU/ACP Joint Council of Ministers Meeting in Port Vila in 2012, then Deputy Prime Minister Ham Lini Vanuaroroa, capitalized on the delegates present to invite approximately 80 of them to drink kava for the first time at his nakamal at Teouma.

“As Vanuatu’s Ambassador to the EU, I was also present and our diplomatic guests were treated to one of the best kava in the world, prepared and served in Pentecost traditional way through ‘bwasisi’ and nobody died, and some of them went back to Brussels with kava powder, while others came to the Vanuatu Embassy and asked for kava and I told them, ‘Sorry we don’t sell kava in the Embassy’.

“That kava session at Teouma was a major public relations breakthrough that the Deputy Prime Minister Ham Lini Vanuaroroa did,” he explains.

The kava ceremony also broke the ice to prove to the EU/ACP delegates that kava was not harmful to the drinker.

It was later used as evidence in the German court to throw the DfArM allegation out the window that kava made the drinker sick."

verticity

I'm interested in things
Another update:
http://dailypost.vu/news/biosecurit...cle_3e44ae87-c8e8-5473-9371-095fd438a7ce.html

Excerpt:
The Department of Biosecurity (DoB) will start issuing kava export license starting early next year on January 1.
The Director of Biosecurity, Timothy Tumukon, made this announcement when asked to comment on an article carried in the Daily Post about kava being banned in Poland.

Speaking to Kizzy Kalsakau on 96Buzz FM, Director Tumukon said he was very surprised at the news since Poland is part of European Union and a member of the Codex Commission but had not intervened nor made any comment when the Regional Kava Standard paper was brought to the table.

“Kava is not a drug like they said. It’s surprising that they classify kava as a very illicit or dangerous drug.

“Kava is a beverage, a food when consumed the way we do in the Pacific.

“This will be captured in the new new kava standards once endorsed,” said the Director.

While Director Tumukon has agreed that the recent article has brought negative publicity on market-wise, he said:

“Poland is not an importer of Vanuatu Kava at the moment and also, other Pacific countries do not export kava there.
Poland may have made its stand on kava- it can label kava whatever it thinks of but we (Vanuatu) will continue to develop our regional kava standards as proposed by the Codex Commission, the director was speaking as the official government representative on the issue.

“The fact that the United States of America (USA) continues to increase its imports of kava is a testimony that other countries do recognise kava product as a beverage.

“Had it been considered a drug, other Pacific countries like New Zealand and Australia would have said this already otherwise, they are assisting us with our own Kava codex.

“Also, the recent decision from a German reputable court, which is still within the EU, allowing Kava into Gemany is another testimony to other countries.

“Germany have rejected claims that kava is a potential toxic substance and said they will continue to import kava. Majority of the members of EU accepted kava in the form that it is consumed in the Pacific Way,” he said.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Good news today. Another update from the Facebook page of the Polish kava legalization campaign, apparently announcing that kava is no longer on the list of banned substances in Poland (although still not legally available to buy there...)

English translation by Facebook automated translation:

"A little with this understand, but it's time to announce: from 21 August Kava is no longer on the list of banned substances!!!
:)

That doesn't mean it's fully available and legal in any form. There are still some barriers, for example, for sale in Poland alone, or how they treat kava in Poland from the financial sector, various services, etc. So it's not time to order kava yet. But it's going well. Soon we are going to transform our campaign for legalisation, in a campaign to provide reliable information about kava, its consumption and its sources.

Nevertheless, we can celebrate the success of our campaign! After years of efforts, it has finally managed to bring about a situation where kava is not prohibited.

We would not have done all this without the help of many people and institutions who found time and kindness in the heart to even listen to our demands, and often help us.

There is no way to replace everyone that has made success possible, but we would like to thank you first of all:

- Mr Peter Marc 'Liroyowi' who, a few years ago, pushed the case case through a interpelacji on this matter in Parliament.

- the chief inspectorate of health, and in particular mr posobkiewiczowi and white, who have shown a great deal of professionalism, affection to rational analysis of facts and ordinary human kindness.

- Mr Patrick, who pressured the ministry of health to discuss this matter.

- Maćkowi Doe, without which substantive and college support would never have enough steam to act.

- to Sebastian Daniel for the substantive and media support.

- Ewa Stępniak for the subtleties of the nuances of law and a kind word.

- Agnes Choromańskiej-Malickiej and Philip Konopczyńskiemu for legal analysis

- Paul Tomankowi for enthusiasm and general support

- the ministry of foreign affairs of Vanuatu for pushing on kava at diplomatic level.

- David Chajmanowi for active action for relegalizacji both in Poland and in the pacific

- all other adherents and activists campaigns

- to all those who supported us on social media and helped us reach as far as possible

Thank you and cheers!"

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Good news today. Another update from the Facebook page of the Polish kava legalization campaign, apparently announcing that kava is no longer on the list of banned substances in Poland (although still not legally available to buy there...)

English translation by Facebook automated translation:

"A little with this understand, but it's time to announce: from 21 August Kava is no longer on the list of banned substances!!!
:)

That doesn't mean it's fully available and legal in any form. There are still some barriers, for example, for sale in Poland alone, or how they treat kava in Poland from the financial sector, various services, etc. So it's not time to order kava yet. But it's going well. Soon we are going to transform our campaign for legalisation, in a campaign to provide reliable information about kava, its consumption and its sources.

Nevertheless, we can celebrate the success of our campaign! After years of efforts, it has finally managed to bring about a situation where kava is not prohibited.

We would not have done all this without the help of many people and institutions who found time and kindness in the heart to even listen to our demands, and often help us.

There is no way to replace everyone that has made success possible, but we would like to thank you first of all:

- Mr Peter Marc 'Liroyowi' who, a few years ago, pushed the case case through a interpelacji on this matter in Parliament.

- the chief inspectorate of health, and in particular mr posobkiewiczowi and white, who have shown a great deal of professionalism, affection to rational analysis of facts and ordinary human kindness.

- Mr Patrick, who pressured the ministry of health to discuss this matter.

- Maćkowi Doe, without which substantive and college support would never have enough steam to act.

- to Sebastian Daniel for the substantive and media support.

- Ewa Stępniak for the subtleties of the nuances of law and a kind word.

- Agnes Choromańskiej-Malickiej and Philip Konopczyńskiemu for legal analysis

- Paul Tomankowi for enthusiasm and general support

- the ministry of foreign affairs of Vanuatu for pushing on kava at diplomatic level.

- David Chajmanowi for active action for relegalizacji both in Poland and in the pacific

- all other adherents and activists campaigns

- to all those who supported us on social media and helped us reach as far as possible

Thank you and cheers!"
Wow!! We're moving in the right direction :)

verticity

I'm interested in things
Seconding what @Henry said, another post from the Polish Facebook group... (FB translation is amusing, but good enough get the idea that it is way too early for anyone contemplating opening a kava business in Poland...)

Quote (Auto translated):

"Important Information!

We got tons of news from various entrepreneurs. From " owner of an exclusive deli in tricity ", by " family wholesalers wholesalers " after " a group of friends doing good businesses in internet ". everyone wants to sell kava suddenly.

We understand enthusiasm, but we have to cool it down. Kava is not authorised in Poland as a foodstuff. It cannot be sold for consumption. After years of fighting, we have managed to make it no longer treated as a totally illicit drug, but it does not change the fact that it is legally possible to sell a long way in Poland.

And No, the solution is not to sell it as " hamster food ", " Incense " or " Collector s' items ", as suggested by one of the " Tycoons online stores ". this is exactly how kava was banned in 2005 . Janusze business with thrusters sold kava (then nobody unknown) in a creepy way among other seedier products. If we want the kava to be banned before it is good enough, it is an excellent prescription.

We know we're not going to convince all businessmen, but at least we hope it goes to potential consumers. Don't buy your kava sold illegally. Don't buy it. I wouldn't do that kind of behavior. We can guarantee that the chances of anyone selling " F " to " F " have a good quality product. By Buying such a "Kava" you will not only buy shit, but you can contribute to the rozpieprzenia situation in Poland.

We are about to publish more information about legal sources in the pacific and pay attention when buying kava.

Thanks for understanding.."

Hello there Dear Kava Enthusiasts.

I'll try to translate it to make it more understable for You all.
My english is not on highest level but i guess i can help.

"Important Information!

We got tons of news from various entrepreneurs. From " owner of an exclusive café in tricity ", by " family herb wholesalers " and " a group of friends doing good businesses in internet ". everyone wants to sell kava suddenly.

We understand enthusiasm, but we have to cool it down. Kava is not authorised in Poland as a foodstuff. It cannot be sold for consumption. After years of fighting, we have managed to make it no longer treated as a totally illicit drug, but it does not change the fact that there is a long way to sell kava legally in Poland.

And No, the solution is not to sell it as " hamster food ", " Incense " or " Collector s' items *", as suggested by one of the " potentate of online stores ". This is exactly how kava was banned in 2005 . Rednecks of business from Dopalacze** was selling kava (then unknown for all in Poland) in a creepy way among other semi-legal products. If we want the kava to be banned before it is legalised enough, this is an excellent prescription.

We know we're not going to convince all businessmen, but at least we hope it goes to potential consumers. Don't buy your kava sold illegally. Don't buy it on street.Do not promote that kind of behavior. We can guarantee that the chances of anyone selling good quality kava on street are 0% ! By Buying such a "Kava" you will not only buy shit, but you can contribute to the destroy situation of kava in Poland.

We are about to publish more information about legal sources in the pacific and at what You've to pay attention when buying kava.

Thanks for understanding.."

Dopalacze** - it was a huge business in Poland, some guys opened places which was called "Smile Shops" and they sell there sintetic versions of all kind of drugs. From marijuana to all kind of sniffing things. Government cannot ban it becasue they can ban only one type of drug. So for example, Smile Shop sold drug called "XYZ" and its chemical pattern was H2O - government ban it, but wholesalers just change it to H2O2 and it was again legal, police need to find it and then they have to make laboratory tests and then they can ban this substance again. The funniest thing was that they sold all of this things as collector items or incense so if somebody has smoke it or sniff it and died becasue of it - nobody get jailed becasue on package was written "not suitable for consumption" .People who own this business were all the time one step before police and they play a game with them. So as in quote above was written, this people before 2005 start selling Kava in this drug stores and kava get prohibited by government since present day . Now things changed, 13 years (!) waiting for this changes in law. But still i dindn't had my 1st kava yet ! That's why i'm here :) More I'll write in thread at new members forum about me and situation in my country.

Sorry for my English, I hope evertyhing is quite readable.

Best regards,

GregB !

Status
Not open for further replies.