What's new

Newbie - anxiety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drylightning

Kava Curious
So, a couple weeks ago I had a good time drinking KWK Borongoru. So good that I had more the next night. However, it gave me a massive increase in anxiety the next day (including a panic attack) and for more than a week afterwards.
I drank one serving at about 8pm. All was well and I was fine going to pick up my son at a friend's house at 11pm. The effects were gone but I was in a good mood. When I came home I put another 3 tbsp of the micronized Borongoru into coconut milk and had another. This time it made me very dizzy. I tried to stay awake until the dizziness went away but ended up going to sleep while still dizzy. It felt strange, but I figured I'd be fine in the morning. And I was fine except that my anxiety was ramped up significantly. As mentioned, panic attack that day and over a week of pretty intense anxiety followed.

I think this was an interaction with either Xanax or Zoloft. (And, notably, Xanax seemed to hardly work for a week) I'm very curious what you all think, and if anyone else has had this kind of reaction.

I enjoyed it while I could and would love to continue my new hobby, but damn that wasn't worth the anxiety.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Hi. It may be that you can now afford to lower that dose. 3 tbsp of kwk micro boro would have me freaking out.
Especially as you already had some in your system that day.

Personally i prefer medium. However with micro or instant, i take 1 teaspoon. Then half an hour later, another teaspoon.
Then half an hour later another teaspoon. If i still want more.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
we haven't even begun to scratch the surface of the medicinal micro-dose approach to kava. When people want kava to help them bad enough, they'll discover it.

I take it back, Pauluk is scratching it very well and it seems to be working. My hunch is a lot more people could really benefit from his approach.

Any relation to the Chuck Pauluk who wrote Fight Club? Or the painter. I mean Jaxon.

tarragon

Kava Curious
So, a couple weeks ago I had a good time drinking KWK Borongoru. So good that I had more the next night. However, it gave me a massive increase in anxiety the next day (including a panic attack) and for more than a week afterwards.
I drank one serving at about 8pm. All was well and I was fine going to pick up my son at a friend's house at 11pm. The effects were gone but I was in a good mood. When I came home I put another 3 tbsp of the micronized Borongoru into coconut milk and had another. This time it made me very dizzy. I tried to stay awake until the dizziness went away but ended up going to sleep while still dizzy. It felt strange, but I figured I'd be fine in the morning. And I was fine except that my anxiety was ramped up significantly. As mentioned, panic attack that day and over a week of pretty intense anxiety followed.

I think this was an interaction with either Xanax or Zoloft. (And, notably, Xanax seemed to hardly work for a week) I'm very curious what you all think, and if anyone else has had this kind of reaction.

I enjoyed it while I could and would love to continue my new hobby, but damn that wasn't worth the anxiety.
I also also had a rough time with borongoru. The Samoan is fun but it can be a bit aggressive. I almost gave up on it but then I discovered a half a teaspoon has a nice calming and energizing effect that lasts all day. I would go with a strong and gentle kava like Nene, if you can get some.

Kari

Kava Curious
I can't stomach the micronized powders. Would it be a good idea to switch to the paste?

Status
Not open for further replies.