What's new

Where does KWK ship out of ?

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I'm just trying to figure out whether I would get the package by the end of the week, if I order on Wednesday,
so I'm curious what city, or at least the state that they ship out of.

Thanks

kw2292

Kava Curious
I had an order ready to check out but KWK shipping is too much to justify it. $13 for 20oz of Kava seems a bit extreme.

Kodiak

Kava Curious
Shipping from KwK is pretty outrageous. $23 for about $130 worth of goods for me this week. Unless it's phenomenal I'll probably end up holding off of future orders until they can solve their shipping cost problems. I can't rightly tell if the problem is actual shipping costs, lack of a low-price carrier like USPS or UPS ground, or if it's a profit-skim, though I really try to give vendors the benefit of the doubt. I just know that every time I've handled shipping for a business we've had commercial accounts that price much lower than personal accounts due to the volume we would ship (which wasn't even all that much).

Mitiburn

Kava Curious
I got a pound and it was only 7-8$ For usps priority shipping. I’m sure it’s based on weight of the packages. I could be wrong tho.

chasemandingo

Kava Enthusiast
I am also disappointed with shipping cost. Come on KwK. You have good products and a loyal customer base. Help us out. I used to be a regular customer a few years ago and was about to place an order just now for over 100.00 dollars. Your shipping cost on 2 lbs of medium grind is outrageous -12.00 - and caused me to not place my order. Gourmet Hawaiian Kava ships for free and that is from Hawaii. I have enjoyed your products and even remember a great night I had 3 years ago drinking borogu and concentrate while watching Layer Cake lol. (Don't know why memories like that stick with me). Hope for a resolution in the future where there will be reasonable shipping prices for all.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
KWK has a hard cutoff at 4 pounds. For whatever reason, their software adds, like, exponential shipping charges if you go over.

Keep it under 4 lbs and you should be cool. :)

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Just updated the shipping rates again to hopefully catch these last issues. For 99% of the orders, everything was calculating out correctly and we'd send out a refund for any overcharges but I think we finally fixed the product combination issues and orders over 4lbs issue. It gets a little tricky on figuring out every combination of product that can be ordered and how they fit into different packaging. Also depending on your order value, keep in mind it may be a little different from the published USPS rate as they only cover $100 of insurance and we pay for extra insurance for every package to ensure if it does get lost or damaged you're covered for your entire order value. Hope this info helps and thank you everyone for your business. Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions like this or anything else :)
Bula!
Mike
Kalm with Kava

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I didn't want to start a new thread with this next question.
But could someone elaborate on the name of KWK's "Micronized Instant Kava", because I was under the impression that Micronized is not the same thing as Instant.
Isn't Instant technically kava that's already been traditionally prepared and dehydrated into a powder, while Micronized is just raw kava that's been super finely ground and not prepared ?
I know some people use Micro as if it were Instant, but aren't they technically 2 different things ?
I guess I'm just curious if this Micro has actually been prepped already ?

Last edited:

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
I didn't want to start a new thread with this next question.
But could someone elaborate on the name of KWK's "Micronized Instant Kava", because I was under the impression that Micronized is not the same thing as Instant.
Isn't Instant technically kava that's already been traditionally prepared and dehydrated into a powder, while Micronized is just raw kava that's been super finely ground and not prepared ?
I know some people use Micro as if it were Instant, but aren't they technically 2 different things ?
I guess I'm just curious if this Micro has actually been prepped already ?
Ehhh... it's a spectrum. Micro ground kava that hasn't been washed will have more cellulose and indigestible fiber. It might be rougher on your tummy. On the other hand, washing, filtering and re-dehydrating liquid kava is an extra processing step--more cost and more energy spent.

If you are sensitive you could always filter your micro through a finer kava bag, say 50 microns, and it'll be just fine. And you can save the spent makas for your compost.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Just updated the shipping rates again to hopefully catch these last issues. For 99% of the orders, everything was calculating out correctly and we'd send out a refund for any overcharges but I think we finally fixed the product combination issues and orders over 4lbs issue. It gets a little tricky on figuring out every combination of product that can be ordered and how they fit into different packaging. Also depending on your order value, keep in mind it may be a little different from the published USPS rate as they only cover $100 of insurance and we pay for extra insurance for every package to ensure if it does get lost or damaged you're covered for your entire order value. Hope this info helps and thank you everyone for your business. Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions like this or anything else :)
Bula!
Mike
Kalm with Kava
Mike, I need your help.
I have been locked out of the KWK site, because apparently I typed the wrong password too many times.
But I'm not just locked out of logging into my account, but I'm literally blocked from accessing any part of the site.
It won't allow me to display any page of the entire KWK website. I've tried different browsers, and different devices, but apparently anything from my whole wifi network has been locked out of your site.
It won't even let me reset my password.
I get this message :
"Your host has been locked out and has caused an error. Please contact the administrator of this site."
But I cannot even display the website, so I cannot get the contact information for you all, so this is the only way I knew to contact.
Can anyone help ? @Kalm with Kava

Last edited:

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Mike, I need your help.
I have been locked out of the KWK site, because apparently I typed the wrong password too many times.
But I'm not just locked out of logging into my account, but I'm literally blocked from accessing any part of the site.
It won't allow me to display any page of the entire KWK website. I've tried different browsers, and different devices, but apparently anything from my whole wifi network has been locked out of your site.
It won't even let me reset my password.
I get this message :
"Your host has been locked out and has caused an error. Please contact the administrator of this site."
But I cannot even display the website, so I cannot get the contact information for you all, so this is the only way I knew to contact.
Can anyone help ? @Kalm with Kava
Hey Plantacious,
No worries, this is a brute force hacking prevention filter to keep the site safe. Its only a temporary lockout of 30 min since you last attempted login and you should be able to get back in. You may have to checkout as a guest initially though until we can reset your password. Send us an email at [email protected] and we'll get that taken care of [emoji106]

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Thank you !
I was finally able to display the website by using a bookmark I had of a KWK page.
That must be some kind of sneak-around method.
So I'm going to try to order as a guest, and then access my account.