What's new

Happy nightmares??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I had a lucid one last night, it wasn't quite a nightmare but it had things tied up in my mind expressed in a really abstract way that was really interesting. Tripled up on very potent heady kava which by the way isn't something I wanna do all the time as it was a little too much even if initially I felt amazing. It all felt very real but of course in dream world nothing tends to make much sense so it was still weird. That always tends to happen and I'm just dealing with some things right now so I just expect it though.

Me and some girl were going out to eat and it was like some sort of asian buffet place that looked strangely traditional for what they typically are. That's where the normal ends, we're walking to my seat and then I lose her. Now I'm looking around the street and side walk and come across someone I mistake as her and tell her what's up but then after turning away I lose her too. It didn't even occur to me to just call the person for some reason. Now I'm just getting frustrated so I see another friend coming along the way and he was joking with me and stuff so I get him to come along I think without even really mentioning the situation and I can't recall why but we went into the forest and got lost till it was night time when it felt like it was day just minutes before. Behind him before I lost him now there was this huge brown bear about 4 times both our size so we both ran like we never ran before. I was so confused because now it's pitch black and I have no idea where I was until I decided to walk up a little ways and come across a house that magically popped up apparently and get taken in and cared for a bit. It gets fuzzy from there after some conversation and playing some video games.
I know your dream probably sounds strange where you live but here in Michigan those things happen all the time. Especially " I can't recall why but we went into the forest and got lost till it was night time when it felt like it was day just minutes before." Been there done that. Heck, I've even done that on purpose sometimes.

Bu-Laa Tribe

Kava Curious
I've noticed something similar. Bad dreams come, and then, they just go. Away. Without the sort of intense sticky emotions associated with nightmares. More like I'm a spectator, and not really affected. Kinda like watching an intense movie, at any point O realize I can snap out of it and break the spell, or just go along for the ride.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I've noticed something similar. Bad dreams come, and then, they just go. Away. Without the sort of intense sticky emotions associated with nightmares. More like I'm a spectator, and not really affected. Kinda like watching an intense movie, at any point O realize I can snap out of it and break the spell, or just go along for the ride.
Exactly! When those happened it was not so much weird, in fact it felt normal and somehow the way it should be, as much as it was just, I don’t know, different. A shift.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Hmm; pretty sure that is how most of my nightmares were for most of my life. Like a spectator enjoying a spooky movie.
(And strangely I started having some nightmares last year and their content wasn't explicitly spooky, but contextually spooked me: being yelled at to wake up, being told about stuff etc. Thank goodness they seem to have subsided)

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
My dreams, while I've been drinking Kava, just seem to be very vague, and fuzzy, with just as vague, and fuzzy, nightmarish undertones. Instead of the usual nightmare that might involve some sort of antagonist who's "out to get you", and whatnot, it's just this sort of psychological nightmare where everything doesn't seem right and there's something sinister about it even though, when I wake up, it feels as if everything in the dream was relatively ordinary. It might be similar to what they call "Kafka-esque". I've definitely had outright nightmares when I wasn't drinking Kava, but they're so few and far between; apparently playing video games can greatly reduce, or eliminate, nightmares for some reason. I don't remember where I read that, so I don't really know if it's true. Anyway, Kava seems to reduce the nightmarish quality of my nightmares but I've never had a nightmare, on Kava, that eventually resolved with a happy ending. They either just end or I don't remember how they end. Kava also seems to increase the frequency at which I dream, but, at the same time, it makes those dreams more fuzzy, less vivid/intense, and less easy to remember. Idk why it does this, to me, and not the complete opposite; I do wish I could get the vivid, and even lucid, dreams that Krunkface is talking about :/

Also, Kava's effects on dreams make me think Yangonin must not be a CB1 receptor agonist, because Cannabis is very very good at completely stopping any kind of dreaming. I'd think, from what you guys have said about more intense dreaming, that Yangonin might actually be a CB1 receptor antagonist. But, then again, how could Kava and Cannabis be a synergistic combo if that were true? Hmm, I guess it's at least safe to say that Yangonin doesn't effect the CB1 receptor very strongly. And, THC probably has a higher affinity for the CB1 receptor than Yangonin does, so, if its binding is competitive, it could push Yangonin off the CB1 receptor with ease. At the very least, THC is definitely stronger than Yangonin.

Last edited:

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
My dreams, while I've been drinking Kava, just seem to be very vague, and fuzzy, with just as vague, and fuzzy, nightmarish undertones. Instead of the usual nightmare that might involve some sort of antagonist who's "out to get you", and whatnot, it's just this sort of psychological nightmare where everything doesn't seem right and there's something sinister about it even though, when I wake up, it feels as if everything in the dream was relatively ordinary. It might be similar to what they call "Kafka-esque". I've definitely had outright nightmares when I wasn't drinking Kava, but they're so few and far between; apparently playing video games can greatly reduce, or eliminate, nightmares for some reason. I don't remember where I read that, so I don't really know if it's true. Anyway, Kava seems to reduce the nightmarish quality of my nightmares but I've never had a nightmare, on Kava, that eventually resolved with a happy ending. They either just end or I don't remember how they end. Kava also seems to increase the frequency at which I dream, but, at the same time, it makes those dreams more fuzzy, less vivid/intense, and less easy to remember. Idk why it does this, to me, and not the complete opposite; I do wish I could get the vivid, and even lucid, dreams that Krunkface is talking about :/

Also, Kava's effects on dreams make me think Yangonin must not be a CB1 receptor agonist, because Cannabis is very very good at completely stopping any kind of dreaming. I'd think, from what you guys have said about more intense dreaming, that Yangonin might actually be a CB1 receptor antagonist. But, then again, how could Kava and Cannabis be a synergistic combo if that were true? Hmm, I guess it's at least safe to say that Yangonin doesn't effect the CB1 receptor very strongly. And, THC probably has a higher affinity for the CB1 receptor than Yangonin does, so, if its binding is competitive, it could push Yangonin off the CB1 receptor with ease. At the very least, THC is definitely stronger than Yangonin.
I had a lucid horror themed one on kava one night recently (which I won't describe unless I was on some forum looking for cool plots for new horror movies or whatever cause it was pretty messed up), they are usually very vivid and total nonsense when I really experience dreams on kava. I thought about keeping a journal on them because they get so strange and creative like watching a movie.

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
I had a lucid horror themed one on kava one night recently (which I won't describe unless I was on some forum looking for cool plots for new horror movies or whatever cause it was pretty messed up), they are usually very vivid and total nonsense when I really experience dreams on kava. I thought about keeping a journal on them because they get so strange and creative like watching a movie.
All my dreams are usually so strange that they're fascinating. The only time that I started to get really vivid dreams was when I started writing them down, in a dream journal app, so I think it's a really good idea to start doing that again.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
All my dreams are usually so strange that they're fascinating. The only time that I started to get really vivid dreams was when I started writing them down, in a dream journal app, so I think it's a really good idea to start doing that again.
yes, writing down your great dreams will actually cause you to have more great dreams, and remember them better.

Hey, I agree the vivid dreams really disturb us and make us curious to know about the future events. One of my friends also suffered from the lucid dreams and bad nightmares. Someone suggested him to positive books, playing sports, exercise daily to get over the weird thoughts regarding the dreams. There are also professionals like voyance pure who provide solutions to overcome bad dreams and anxiety disorder, you can also check for it.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hey, I agree the vivid dreams really disturb us and make us curious to know about the future events. One of my friends also suffered from the lucid dreams and bad nightmares. Someone suggested him to positive books, playing sports, exercise daily to get over the weird thoughts regarding the dreams. There are also professionals like voyance pure who provide solutions to overcome bad dreams and anxiety disorder, you can also check for it.
I'm sorry but the phrase "suffer from lucid dreams" makes no sense and is impossible, theoretically anyway. A lucid dream is when you are conscious while dreaming, a hybrid state of being both awake, in the sense of being fully conscious if not entirely physically aware and not just asleep but in active REM stage dreaming, and it is something that only happens if you train yourself to do it on purpose (or have gotten very lucky while using an oneirogenic such as calea zacatechichi) and it takes a lot of effort. It's not something that you would have happen to you, it's something you do, and it's not something one suffers from. It's immensely enjoyable, if a tad overwhelming. In fact, that's usually what happens is people get so excited at finally achieving the state, after perhaps years of concentrated effort, that they get excited and the excitement wakes them up in seconds (unless they twirl counter-clockwise as fast as they can and no, I am not kidding, oneironauts may be weird but it is a fairly evolved practice and people have learned a lot and gotten good at it).

My guess is that as in 99.9% of cases when people say "lucid dream" they mean "dream that seems lucid" or more commonly "a vivid dream." But they are not referring to the very specific phenomenon of lucid dreaming, which is both very pleasant and does not happen by accident.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.

I’ve noticed this too. I hypothesize that the reason this happens for myself is because I used to have really unpleasant dreams, often nightmares. Kava has wound down my nervous system enough that no matter what the dreams are, they aren’t harmful to me anymore and so I no longer care since I don’t have a dream scape goal. So, they’ve gotten more fuzzy and I’m ok with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.