What's new

Kava Extract Review Co2 Kava Concentrate - 30g Tube - Honey Orange Vanilla

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Bula Kava has hit one out of the park with this extract.

Taste:

The honey/vanilla is strong up front, and then it quickly comes in with a potent punch of what I think is one of the best fresh kava flavors I've ever experienced outside of...well...drinking fresh kava. Mouth instantly numb as well. It's packed with kavalactones.

Effects:

If you've ever had extracts in the past, this one is 100% on par with the strength we've grown accustomed to. A heady, light, more euphoric kava buzz with very little sedative properties. Classic kava extract properties. My wife had some and said it kicked her normal KWK drink session into overtime.

Texture:

It's absurdly smooth. Nothing like kava extracts in the past. No chunky wax globs. Excellent use of emulsifiers.

Overall:

This is absolutely worth buying, if not for the effects, then for the taste alone. If you've never tasted fresh kava, this is about as close as you can get. Albeit fresh kava doesn't have vanilla and honey, one taste of this and you'll see what I'm saying.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Tastes good. Hits faster, I mean way way faster, than any other extract I've had so far but I haven't had many. Comes on strong in under a minute with us.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Tastes good. Hits faster, I mean way way faster, than any other extract I've had so far but I haven't had many. Comes on strong in under a minute with us.
I noticed that. Thought it was just me being tired, but yeah, it shows up like a Ferrari.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
After a couple of uses, I agree. Definitely the best extract out right now and it feels like a broader spectrum of effects than what I remember from the beloved Paradise extracts. This one also seems to relieve anxiety better. The taste and texture are also perfect.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I noticed that. Thought it was just me being tired, but yeah, it shows up like a Ferrari.
I believe I described it at the time as a very sensible Land Rover pulling some camping gear hitting you full face at about 30 - 35 mph, which is actually a lot more powerful than you think, right up until it happens. Boom shakalaka. Yeah, it's good stuff. A bit pricey. For special occasions, but yeah, enjoy. Bula.

OTOH, you could stay home and have three solid whomping hits of this for the same price as a beer or two at a bar. To be honest I would prefer the extract. Also, I don't think I'll do it too often as I want to be sure to really appreciate it each time and I fear clustering sessions too close together might make it less whelming for me.

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
I've only used powdered extracts thus far so I'm not really sure what to expect or how best to use this stuff. Do you actually try and weigh it somehow or squeeze into a 1/4 tsp? I've been eyeballing it, keeping it on my tongue and gums for a little bit and then washing it down. I don't know that i would describe it as heavy in terms of body feel or depth, but it has made me sleepy the 2-3 times I've used it. Maybe I need more or less? Thanks in advance.

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
th-3.jpg
I th-5.jpg got a tube on the way and am anticipating it being like Johnny D. in Fear and Loathing.
"You took too much man...too much."

Only instead of seeing my Samoan lawyer grow horns and breasts (like in the movie), I picture myself dreaming of Fijian or Hawaiian ladies in hula skirts waving palm fronds by me to cool down my kava libido. Also I predict a side effect of me posting too many obnoxious "I love you guys" posts on kavaforums. You can map all my kava sessions by taking an inventory of all my comments here. Lol.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
How is it supposed to be ingested? Just squeeze a little on your finger? I'm super intrigued.
When I've had extracts, I've taken it sublingually. I imagine if it's anything like toothpaste, it'll probably be too thick to get directly under your tongue, so maybe do your finger, then put that under your tongue, or some kind of spoon or toothpick if you wanna keep the finger clean.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
When I've had extracts, I've taken it sublingually. I imagine if it's anything like toothpaste, it'll probably be too thick to get directly under your tongue, so maybe do your finger, then put that under your tongue, or some kind of spoon or toothpick if you wanna keep the finger clean.
Just don't have too much and hold it too long. When I stupidly consumed a whole jar of @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava's (discontinued) wonderful extract, I ended up krunked for four days straight and all the skin on my tongue died; freaked me out real good! Won't EVER do that again. Kava def said, "NO!". I totally agree with his decision to stick with "traditional kava" and have come to the same conclusion, but even more so: I don't even touch micro for the time being (maybe when I grow up :) ). Not good to chase that kavain; extract makes it real easy to get carried away. Be careful, but do ENJOY; I am glad BHK made a good extract!

Last edited:

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
It's got a thin texture that really melts in your mouth.

@Bula Kava House I hope we see more flavors in the future!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
fwiw I don't really see having this sublingually except for maybe just a moment. Instead I slide it along the interior surfaces of my mouth with my tongue until it dissolves to the point where I just swallow.

And I would point out to people trying it for the first time: expect that it might hit you stronger and quicker than you expect, even compared to other extracts.

RoH has at the same time brought to market a similar product, which comes in a jar. Both are very good and also expensive. Nice for the occasional treat. I could see really looking forward to this for a Friday night home from work start of the weekend sort of feel. Or celebrating some little piece of great news.....

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Just don't have too much and hold it too long. When I stupidly consumed a whole jar of @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava's (discontinued) wonderful extract, I ended up krunked for four days straight and all the skin on my tongue died; freaked me out real good! Won't EVER do that again. Kava def said, "NO!". I totally agree with his decision to stick with "traditional kava" and have come to the same conclusion, but even more so: I don't even touch micro for the time being (maybe when I grow up :) ). Not good to chase that kavain; extract makes it real easy to get carried away. Be careful, but do ENJOY; I am glad BHK made a good extract!
@recentreturn That's very freaky!
On a more general note, all the more reason to treat kava with respect. If you take a little bit of extract, you can always have a litlte more later. Spread it out at first. You'll find the right level that will get you krunk at the time you want. You can't pet the cat until you learn where it likes to be touched!

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
@recentreturn That's very freaky!
On a more general note, all the more reason to treat kava with respect. If you take a little bit of extract, you can always have a litlte more later. Spread it out at first. You'll find the right level that will get you krunk at the time you want. You can't pet the cat until you learn where it likes to be touched!
Yeah, but my issue was that I was spacing it out, and I kept just wanting a little more; then a little more; then a little more... ...then suddenly I'd consumed the whole jar in one night. At a certain point I think it stopped increasing the krunk and just lengthened it. Its pretty scary to wake up on the third day since you've touched kava and find yourself still krunked.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Yeah, but my issue was that I was spacing it out, and I kept just wanting a little more; then a little more; then a little more... ...then suddenly I'd consumed the whole jar in one night. At a certain point I think it stopped increasing the krunk and just lengthened it. Its pretty scary to wake up on the third day since you've touched kava and find yourself still krunked.
Hopefully Judd's extract doesn't do that!

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Hopefully Judd's extract doesn't do that!
At least, hopefully people will be more prudent than I was! GHK's extract was very high quality Mahakea extract. Definately would not have done that if I had used it in a reasonable manner. The tongue thing was because I held probably 1/2-1 level teaspoon in my mouth for like 15-20 minutes. That is my biggest misgiving about extracts; something that can do that (4 day krunk; two of which = fall on your a** krunk) is liable to attract undue attention to kava.