What's new

7 acetone tests (9-7-18)

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
7test9-7-18.png

They all look quite yellow except for the Starwest kava, of course.
1) Starwest Botanicals - I use this as my tudei standard to compare to. As blatant as it's coloring is, it's counter-intuitively a light, gentle, weak kava with no tudei effects.

2) BKH Melo Melo - Quite potent by today's standards and very obviously DHM heavy. It's a heavy kava, not much different than Isa/Koniak...but results in a nice yellow noble color. Good effective kava, outstanding when mixed with something like Nangol, Nambawan or Mo'i.

3) Kava Time Ambae - Another relatively potent and balanced/heavy kava, a mix of Melo Melo and Borogu IIRC. Good stuff...yellow test result.

4) Kavafied Kava Supreme - Consistently balanced/heavy kava...and another with a pretty noticeable dose of DHM in it. Surprisingly light and clear yellow result. I expected yellow, but I didn't expect it to be the lightest yellow.

5) Wakanda Kava, Kava Tonga - Very light mild gentle Tongan root. It might be super 'heady' to those people who are receptive to headiness, but to me it just feels light and gentle. Light yellow test result.

6) Wakacon Waka - The most middle of the road, work horse kava. Very balanced, no extremes and no gaps in the effects spectrum. Not weak, but not potent. Possibly the best all around base kava, to mix either a super heady kava with or super heavy kava with. Yellow test result.

7) Mystery Waka (2014/15 Batch) - I recovered an old batch of strong 'Mystery Waka' from my Dead Best Friend™. -- I specifically remember this batch causing me the most tudei-like effects I've ever had, when I originally drank it. It scared me off the Mystery Waka for a while. However, I had H@rpo blind test it alongside a few others back in the day and his result was noble...likewise, my acetone test is yellow.

Last edited:

FijiFreshKava

https://fijifresh.com
Kava Vendor
Nice photos! How long did you wait for the particles to settle?

I ask because I have found that acetone tests on freshly pounded powder will remain hazy and muddy for days and in some cases, may never fully settle without centrifuging.

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Best description of Wakacon I’ve seen so far
I find Wakacon waka is not that great for regular types of use, its flavour is not special nor is its regular prep. But you can indeed get nicely krunk with it and the krunk it gives is a pleasant one. And it does fall in the category of "acceptable kava" to me and by its very definition: all acceptable kava is good kava, and kava is good. So Wakacon is good. (maybe not worth what they charge for it these days. Back at $33/lb a year and a half ago maybe, but today it's $46 now..... I can think of far far better kavas available for less. But that is the only thing "wrong" with it is the price and that isn't their fault, not really.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Wakacon used to be that cheap alternative that would give a slight kava feel if there was no other option. Now it's just as good if not better than the average products out there that sell for considerably more money. 4+ years ago I would agree that all kava is good kava but not so much now.

1) Starwest Botanicals - I use this as my tudei standard to compare to. As blatant as it's coloring is, it's counter-intuitively a light, gentle, weak kava with no tudei effects.
I noticed Starwest has a tincture available. It claims to be wildcrafted kava and weighs in at a whopping 2% kavalactones. Sounds interesting :yuck:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
FF8F65E7-8B2C-4B72-AFC9-08935ADD88CF.jpeg

I’ve had Kava Kauai aka Real Kava’s Vanuatu kava a couple times and each time it was notably strong but, for me anyway, often very nauseating/sickening and can leave me feeling flattened the next day. It also has a VERY strong piney scent, so I figured this stuff must be mixed with a rough Tudei if not a full on Tudei. But, as you can see in the acetone test, there doesn’t seem to be anything suspicious about it. Perfect yellow result.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
View attachment 9560
I’ve had Kava Kauai aka Real Kava’s Vanuatu kava a couple times and each time it was notably strong but, for me anyway, often very nauseating/sickening and can leave me feeling flattened the next day. It also has a VERY strong piney scent, so I figured this stuff must be mixed with a rough Tudei if not a full on Tudei. But, as you can see in the acetone test, there doesn’t seem to be anything suspicious about it. Perfect yellow result.
Thanks for this. We don't hear too much about realkava very often. This is good to know.