What's new

Roller wringer

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
I have this roller wringer that has sat for years. I wonder if it would work well to squeeze out the last of the water from a bag in traditional prep? Maybe loosen the springs so it can pass the more bulky kava bag through. It's designed to wring out towels and clothing so the rollers are right up against each other. I used to use to to wring out the drying towels when I washed my car.

Any ideas? I wonder if this might make large batches a little easier.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I have this roller wringer that has sat for years. I wonder if it would work well to squeeze out the last of the water from a bag in traditional prep? Maybe loosen the springs so it can pass the more bulky kava bag through. It's designed to wring out towels and clothing so the rollers are right up against each other. I used to use to to wring out the drying towels when I washed my car.

Any ideas? I wonder if this might make large batches a little easier.
Go to the Kava Preparation section of our kavapedia. There is a really popular prep technique, described there, called the roller pin method. I think it might help you develop yours.

Blue Roads

Kava Enthusiast
Careful not to rip the bag. That would suck! Those wringers have a pretty decent amount of force.
That's what I was thinking. It looks like I can loosen the spring tension though, so that might help. I also wonder if the Kava is spread out enough in the bag so it all doesn't end up at the bottom, it might feed through there pretty decently. I have to decide what kava to get, though. I've been out for a while. I really want an easy way to make a big batch, maybe a gallon or two, so I can just take some to work with me and drink it as needed, without having to make it at work with an aluball.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
I really want an easy way to make a big batch, maybe a gallon or two, so I can just take some to work with me and drink it as needed, without having to make it at work with an aluball.
I make mine at my desk tradional style, I always have people scratching their heads WTF