What's new

I don't know how I'll get through this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Bulamama probably knows more on it but there are a long list of psychological and physical issues in the brain that result from benzo use, some of them even at lower dosages, if prolonged use occurs. Excitotoxicity, potential for seizures, insomnia, lasting anxiety and or panic attacks, even psychosis short term after quitting. That's just the tip of the iceberg. Damage to the cerebral cortex, cerebral ventricular enlargement, and interhemispheric fissures are just a few of the physical effects on the brain. Here's a quote from the director of a study.
"Although warning that his preliminary findings needed more research, Lader pointed out that the work he had done suggested that the brains of regular benzodiazepine takers were damaged and shrunken when compared to the brains of people who had not taken benzodiazepines."
There are other damages described in this article as well. If you look at forums of long term benzo users you will see some scary accounts of long term users getting quote a few lasting symptoms and disorders after quitting benzos.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/side-effects/201011/brain-damage-benzodiazepines-the-troubling-facts-risks-and-history-minor?amp

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I would recommend using the lowest amount of klonopin per dose that won't make you feel bad to stretch it and take lots of lemon balm
take lots of lemon balm (binds to and activates benzo receptors)
The lemon balm? My night time tea does have lemon balm in it.
One suggestion is if you used an alcohol tincture, you could drop the dose into a glass of boiled water
Bulamama probably knows more on it but there are a long list of psychological and physical issues in the brain that result from benzo use
Thanks for all the helpful info here.
I've been thinking of trying Lemon Balm, but I get a little confused when sometimes it's referred to as "Melissa".
Are lemon balm and melissa basically identical substances, with different nicknames for the same thing ?
Or is Melissa in some way an inferior form of Lemon Balm, because I always hear other people refer to it as the latter, and not the former.
What difference is there between the 2, if there is any ?

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Thanks for all the helpful info here.
I've been thinking of trying Lemon Balm, but I get a little confused when sometimes it's referred to as "Melissa".
Are lemon balm and melissa basically identical substances, with different nicknames for the same thing ?
Or is Melissa in some way an inferior form of Lemon Balm, because I always hear other people refer to it as the latter, and not the former.
What difference is there between the 2, if there is any ?
It's commonly referred to as Melissa. It's scientific name is Melissa officinalis. It's a highly underrated plant. I would make sure that what you buy is from the right species in the genus. I haven't looked into the others but some herb sellers could potentially sell other species disguised as lemon balm. And of course ensuring the highest quality leaves are used is vital as with any other herb. The ones I mentioned are some I have tried and have had great results with. I have to use a good amount of herb though. Teas are usually 3-5 grams, etc.

Magnus

Hey everyone my name is Magnus and Im from Denmark. Is there a beginner forum or something? Im very new to kava and I may ned to ask some stupid questions

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Hey everyone my name is Magnus and Im from Denmark. Is there a beginner forum or something? Im very new to kava and I may ned to ask some stupid questions
Magnus this isn't the right place to post your greeting. We are happy to have you though. Go to the home page of the forum and scroll down to the New members section. You can post a new thread there to say hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.