What's new

RoH Fresh Frozen Kava

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
I live in texas where it is warm and we use the AC. Is there anything I should do if I want to order this?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
That is a seriously good question Edward. I've looked and I don't see the normal evidence of a kava bar selling K@. Either they've done an immaculate job concealing it to just this forum and me, or they're seriously 100% kava now. I'd like someone to confirm or refute.

Now, back to that frozen kava. I do hope they've secured an, at least, semi-regular supply. I'll aim to always have some in case a kava drinking friend stops by.
I'll ask and find out.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Well, I mixed the whole pound of fresh root in about 1.3 Liters of water...drank about half of it and surprisingly got very little effect from it.
Then when I went to bed, I got stuck in weird, uncomfortable, hallucinatory, hypnagogic half-sleep for much of the night...so today I feel a bit off and foggy. Not really looking forward to finishing it...but I know I'm gooonnaaaaa ::chugger::

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I like the idea of fresh frozen kava....but I think we may want to be a bit cautious here. We know kava once prepared can go bad very quickly. I would like to know when in the process is the kava RoH supplying getting frozen and how is it processed ahead of time. I am also a bit surprised it is not being shipped with a cold pack to keep it frozen (or nearly so). I would hate for people to get sick and blame it on the kava versus the process.

_byron

Kava Enthusiast
I made the full pound in 1.5 L then second washed another 1.5 L. I was very krunk but not anything more notable then dried kava krunk. The taste is the biggest kicker to fresh kava in this case.

Btw I feel fantastic this morning an just woke after sleeping 12 hours hahaha

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
Mine came still cold but not sure if it was frozen. I was on my way out so I put it straight in the fridge. Later, I froze it. I then took it out yesterday (put it into the fridge) to thaw it for today. I only made 4 cups from 8 tbsp. So, I threw it back in the freezer and the prepped grog in the fridge. The taste is smooth and the effects are heavy, which I like. I may not finish it now that I'm paranoid that it could be bad. I quite like it and the experience, though. Smooth and heavy.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
The general food safety rules in NZ specify that a product capable of sustaining microbial growth at room temp should not be kept at room temp for longer than 2 hours (IN TOTAL - so if you keep it at room temp for 1h one day, then freeze it again and then thaw it again and keep it for another 1h then that's it, but please note that if you thaw your product outside of the fridge, this time should also count towards your 2h limit as some bits of the product will be at temp above 4C). Inside the fridge it should be able to stay safe for up to 3-5 days (provided it was clean to begin with), but you may want to vacuum seal it to prevent it getting sour tasting.

These are rather conservative guidelines that food businesses are required to adhere to. Obviously lots of people can handle products that have been exposed to room temp for longer, but if you want to err on the side of caution and/or have low immunity/fragile stomach then it's best to adhere to the 2h rule.
Thank you! It’s been in the fridge or freezer the entire time. I only thawed it in the fridge but put it in the freezer once I took what I could use today. I hope it keeps for awhile there. It’s not my favorite kava anyway but not horrible I Guess.. anyway, no kava shall be wasted (hopefully).

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Damn, I didn't think I was gonna buy anymore considering how weak that whole pound was for me...but fresh Hanakapi'ai gets me curious again since it's typically strong (for a hawaiian kava).
Spending way too much money on kava this month, so I probably definitely shouldn't, but I also can't rely on other people's reviews cuz they all get slammed when I just get disappointed. errrr @SelfBiasResistor did you order some?

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Damn, I didn't think I was gonna buy anymore considering how weak that whole pound was for me...but fresh Hanakapi'ai gets me curious again since it's typically strong (for a hawaiian kava).
Spending way too much money on kava this month, so I probably definitely shouldn't, but I also can't rely on other people's reviews cuz they all get slammed when I just get disappointed. errrr @SelfBiasResistor did you order some?
No : ( . I didn't get a chance to order over the weekend and when I went to place an order on Monday it was already sold out.

I asked them when they'd have more and they said at the end of the week so it looks like that was accurate.

Do they state on the labels if these are lateral or stump/lateral blends?

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
I live in texas where it is still warm. Would there be any issues? Luckily I am in the 2 day zone.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I live in texas where it is still warm. Would there be any issues? Luckily I am in the 2 day zone.

I would suggest the express shipping option. Fresh kava being such the treat that it is, it's worth that extra to be sure you get it while it's still cold. Until the winter season if I order more that's how I'll have it shipped, and I'm in TN.