What's new

Does kava flush nutrients/sodium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael1011

Kava Curious
Aye fellow kava drinkers. I've posted a few new threads in the last week or so about kava dermo. What I was really wondering was if there's an actual difference between allergy and dermo, which I've found the answer is yes.

Anyway does drinking lots of traditionally made kava flush sodium, minerals or even bigger nutrients like fats or carbs?

I have found that no matter how much I eat I don't gain weight since I started kava. Kava sure makes me bloated sometimes though especially if I drink a lot and fail to hydrate properly after. Does kava cause you to bloat or is that something unrelated?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Aye fellow kava drinkers. I've posted a few new threads in the last week or so about kava dermo. What I was really wondering was if there's an actual difference between allergy and dermo, which I've found the answer is yes.

Anyway does drinking lots of traditionally made kava flush sodium, minerals or even bigger nutrients like fats or carbs?

I have found that no matter how much I eat I don't gain weight since I started kava. Kava sure makes me bloated sometimes though especially if I drink a lot and fail to hydrate properly after. Does kava cause you to bloat or is that something unrelated?
I don't but many people do report occasional bloating with kava. As for weight loss, I went from obese to normal weight in 8 months after I started drinking kava, OTOH I do have cancer (genetic mutation) but I dropped the weight well before the diagnosis. Quite a few others have reported experiences similar to mine. That said, I dropped to normal weight and for the past year and a half my weight stabilised and held right where it has been, which I assume must be my optimal weight at this point, then. It has made life a lot easier. In fact, there was some surgery I needed that I would not have been able to have had I not lost that weight. So, thanks, Kava.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
It has made life a lot easier. In fact, there was some surgery I needed that I would not have been able to have had I not lost that weight. So, thanks, Kava.
That is a powerful statement.

@Michael1011
Kava is a known diuretic. Diuretics are known to flush electrolytes from your system. If you're drinking kava once a day, it's probably not that huge of an issue. If you're drinking kava steadily through the day, then I'd say some electrolyte replenishing would be a good thing. It doesn't necessarily "flush" fats and carbs. However, speaking to krunkie mckrunkface's post, it definitely does work on your body mass. How that works in regards to kava, I'm afraid we've only got anecdotal evidence to go on. I would say it's an actual effect from kava combined with the way a kava drinker will alter his or her eating schedule to better accommodate kava time.

Status
Not open for further replies.