What's new

Experience of weight loss with kava

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I've been drinking kava for about 3 years now and overall I'm leaner despite the occasional lapse into drinking alcohol. I still have a bit more weight on than I would like. Does anyone have experience of losing weight on kava? Any tips on how to use kava to help you lose weight or keep the weight off?

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
If you're aiming to have kava in the evening, I would eat lunch as your biggest meal of the day then refrain from snacking until you have your first (couple of) shell(s). Then do a light meal after a few cups so you have some kava effects going while satisfying that mistress called hunger.

Keto for a short period of time (1-2 months) would go well with this, especially if your evening meal has significant fat content.

Alternatively what you could do is snack throughout the day until a few hours before your first cup of grog. I generally hear good things about eating smaller portions more frequently than having a lot of food at a designated meal time.

But no two bodies are exactly alike!

Naturally, make sure you have a varied diet. Even if you're a creature of habit, it's not hard to rotate between a few things.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I lost 10kg in 6 months whilst in vanuatu this year. I've been back 3 months now and kept the weight off. It comes from having breakfast (cereal weekdays, bacon & eggs weekends), lunch and thats it.
Last year when i was busy and working 2 jobs i ate all my meal in cafes, which piled on the weight even when drinking kava at night.
So for me, its a combination of skipping dinner and not having huge cafe meals for breakfast & lunch.
It totally removes my appetite in the evening - but i wake up ravenous every morning

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
I lost weight after drinking Kava. I think alot of it has to do with replacing alcohol with Kava and the need for an empty stomach for full effects.
This pretty much sums it up. I feel like weight loss just happens when you do this. The usual diet and exercise regimen applies, of course.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Initially i lost weight without trying. Just a few pounds. But the amount of alcohol calories i now dont consume should have had me
Losing loads. But i found i discovered a sweet tooth for the first time in my life. Im ok if i dont eat but once i start sfter kava
I cant stop, particularly chocolate. Ive got a handle on it now and just dont have any at all. Quite crazy the way the mind works.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I found no significant weight loss directly attributable to kava. I tend to get the munchies when I drink kava.

You will hear multiple ways, from multiple people, on how to achieve weight loss. Some extreme and some mild. The most effective thing (in my opinion) is to track everything you eat using something like My Fitness Pal. If you just want to cut out 500 calories/day below maintenance level or do something more extreme like keto tracking is the key to your success. I have used My Fitness Pal to lose weight and gain weight and find it very easy to use. It is pre-loaded with almost every food under the sun, and if not you can add it yourself.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I lost 10kg in 6 months whilst in vanuatu this year. I've been back 3 months now and kept the weight off. It comes from having breakfast (cereal weekdays, bacon & eggs weekends), lunch and thats it.
Last year when i was busy and working 2 jobs i ate all my meal in cafes, which piled on the weight even when drinking kava at night.
So for me, its a combination of skipping dinner and not having huge cafe meals for breakfast & lunch.
It totally removes my appetite in the evening - but i wake up ravenous every morning

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Yes, we are the same in that respect, not eating anything at all after kava. As @Pauluk says I'm finding I eat more sweet things possibly to replace the sugars I don't get from alcohol now?

WaitingForGrogot

Kava Curious
Yeah, I find it a really effective appetite suppressant, I often have to remember to cook something after a few shells! Kava can make you so content even hunger pains melt away. So planning meals is important to make sure you don't lose too much weight. I've lost a lot of weight from stopping drinking too, there's next to no calories in kava but an awful lot in alcoholic drinks.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
i found the cabbage diet to work best for short term quick weight loss, if you like to fart a lot. ::fart2::

The one i like the best is the fasting keto diet with kava.
http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/ketogenic-intermittent-fasting-diet-for-weight.9615/

The keto diet was easy for me to use over long periods and it worked too.

They now sell keto supplements derived from 3 different salts that supposedly will accelerate you to the golden keto state of fat burning. But havent tried those yet.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Initially i lost weight without trying. Just a few pounds. But the amount of alcohol calories i now dont consume should have had me
Losing loads. But i found i discovered a sweet tooth for the first time in my life. Im ok if i dont eat but once i start sfter kava
I cant stop, particularly chocolate. Ive got a handle on it now and just dont have any at all. Quite crazy the way the mind works.
Yeah, I find both chocolate and ice cream, especially ice cream with bits of chocolate in it, to be very attractive, whereas I never did before kava.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
Because Kava kind of bloats me I tend to drink it during the day, usually mid day to evening before dinner. I pair that with low carb like Aloha here so it allows me to mostly fast thorough most of the day without cravings. So far, so good.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@Edward ,
you better tell us what you end up doing or not.

We wanna know...
Where did the fat go...
Well the plan is just to drink more kava... a level teaspoon of a heady instant just before lunch should do just enough to help me stick to no snacking between breakfast and lunch (or it's a waste of kava) and keep lunch a sensible size. I'll let you know how it goes.

Honestly one of the best ways to lose weight and keep it off is to just adopt a healthy diet. "Eating clean" is a great way to go...mainly whole foods like grilled chicken, lean beef, brown rice, whole wheat products, etc. Cut as much sugar outta your diet as possible and avoid processed foods like chips and pre-made dinners. It will feel like dieting for the first few weeks but then it just becomes your normal way of eating. Leave kava out of the equation (as far as weight loss goes) but by all means still enjoy it for the relaxing, peaceful beverage that it is.

rapunzel

Kava Enthusiast
I've been drinking kava for about 3 years now and overall I'm leaner despite the occasional lapse into drinking alcohol. I still have a bit more weight on than I would like. Does anyone have experience of losing weight on kava? Any tips on how to use kava to help you lose weight or keep the weight off?
I absolutely lost weight with kava drinking. Since I generally have it befor dinner, it effectively reduces my evening appetite and keeps me from excess late evening snacking and desserts. I didn’t even have to try, and these were excess pounds that I needed to lose. The loss has tapered off now, so I might have to actually make an effort to get to my ultimate weight goal. But At least it has stayed off!

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
A bit late to the party on this but I can definitely say Kava has assisted in dramatic weight loss for me anyways. In HS I was obsessed with keeping a specific body image, going to the gym for hours everyday. Once I turned 21 and was in a serious relationship that I’m still in today I stopped caring about the way I looked. Started drinking heavily on a daily basis which was always proceeded with consuming junk food in excess while neglecting any excercise. Went from 180lbs with a very low body fat percentage to 250lbs in a year. I found Kava shortly after and returned to a similar weight in about the same span of time believe it or not.

I’m sure quite a bit if not the majority of it was due to adapting a different lifestyle in relation to my diet. With that said I eat whatever I want now, I often eat quite a bit even after Kava consumption and the weight continues to stay off. I’m sure this is significantly aided by a high metabolism though. Kava is generally a daily occurrence for me. I still consume alcohol mostly exclusively in a social setting though and even an occasional scotch from my bar but I do not mix the two. Kava has been an absolute godsend and I cannot be grateful enough for such resources as the forums and those who dwell within the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.