What's new

Any Kava drinkers also tried CBD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
CBD is fine. I'm lucky enough not to need it for any health reasons, though it never seems to hurt.

@Steve (the kava candy guy) also has CBD. There are probably quite a few kava drinkers who take CBD regularly.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
@AZcat How are you consuming the CBD and has it been helping with the sciatica?

@nickbroken I've heard some good things about CBD with a touch of THC. Are you taking it for anxiety?

I haven't been able to get much success with CBD yet. High THC indica leaning hybrids seem to be where it's at for me but I'm going to keep trying out CBD.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast

@nickbroken I've heard some good things about CBD with a touch of THC. Are you taking it for anxiety?

I haven't been able to get much success with CBD yet. High THC indica leaning hybrids seem to be where it's at for me but I'm going to keep trying out CBD.
Yes I am it's ironic since weed is what gave me anxiety in thr first place. Things are different from 20 years ago and with it being legal and testing you know you are getting. I've been trying this one which is high CBD and low thc I feel a little high for myhe 5 mins, nothing major I have been way more krunk, but after that passes I feel peace, different type of peace that kava doesn't give. I feel awake, relaxed, less pain, happier and it lots fir two days with just hits. I will always love kava, but with the cost and decreased potency I see no reason to ever go back.

Redrider

Kava Curious
Yes I am it's ironic since weed is what gave me anxiety in thr first place. Things are different from 20 years ago and with it being legal and testing you know you are getting. I've been trying this one which is high CBD and low thc I feel a little high for myhe 5 mins, nothing major I have been way more krunk, but after that passes I feel peace, different type of peace that kava doesn't give. I feel awake, relaxed, less pain, happier and it lots fir two days with just hits. I will always love kava, but with the cost and decreased potency I see no reason to ever go back.
Might you share the specific strain ?

Redrider

Kava Curious
My only 2 experiences with MJ were quite uncomfortable. It seemed like the right thing for me, but it certainly wasn't.
I'm looking into it again because it's really necessary.
Cannatonic seems like a very good strain (as well as Charlotte's Web and Harlequin - both of which can't be found around these here parts.)
The other one I'm looking into is Grape Ape.
We shall see.
Thank you for the response.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Seems to me at the moment anything can be called CBD, and there are no standards. Also, the question is supply, and quantities. You can get pleasant stuff in the head shops for $100 that doesn't do anything except make you feel pleasant for a few minutes. On the other end, there's top of the line RSO for $40/g in dispensaries. Sometimes. Demand outstrips supply and the problem is reliability. Putting aside issues of standardisation and exactly what ingredients go in, it's not really advisable to start a course of treatment if you are not sure you will have sufficient meds for the whole course of the treatment (e.g. for the cancer treatment using RSO, you have to train up for a month with gradually titrated up doses till you hit a gram a day, then you need a gram a day for two months. No one can (legally) secure that kind of supply here in MI. Also, 1g RSO = 3.5g flower, for legal purposes and also that's what it takes to make 1g of RSO, and you are only allowed in my state to possess up to 2.5oz, enough for a 20 day supply. You can make it yourself, but again, it takes time, is not easy or cheap, and you run up against the possession limits. If you have a licensed caregiver, they could supply you the flower, maybe, but then of course, you have to make your oil with the skill of a professional. My impression of CBD is we are a long way off before it becomes actually practical for any but a small handfull of people. That said, it probably has a really good placebo effect for a lot of people.

------ 5 months follow up. I used CBD every day during radiation and it cured my gout. Also helped get through radiation. Not sure if it helped with the uptake of the radiation at all, but not sure it didn't, either. I'll wait till my next CT scan. But it's great stuff. I make my own cannabutter with hemp.

Last edited:

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Every try CBD? It really is amazing and there is a lot more research and evidence for it's medicinal value than you realize. I don't know much about the cancer treating applications, but it's works amazingly for seizures, anxiety, pain, inflammation, and depression. It is still the early stages but it's exciting that CBD is becoming more available with all of Canada and a lot or the states legalization of marijuana.

AZcat

Kava Drinker

I mix the CBD oil with my Kava, 7 drops CBD oil with three heaped teaspoons Micronized Kava. I cant say its helping a lot but it makes the Kava more powerful. I don't use it for Anxiety because I don't have any, but it does seem to be helping with the Insomnia.

CBD is great but it cost do damn much... medically here you can only get 600 mg for $80-100 and you need at least 50mg in my opinion for most things

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I tried the Ozia CBD and really enjoyed it. There is another company called O2 that came out of the Ozia brand. Good stuff. But you need to be sore or achy for it to have any real effects.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
I tried the Ozia CBD and really enjoyed it. There is another company called O2 that came out of the Ozia brand. Good stuff. But you need to be sore or achy for it to have any real effects.
I think a lot depends on the method of consumption. I smoke high CBD low THC marijuana currrntly and I will say it works wonders, really sad I didn't get into it sooner. Granted it wasn't legal. I will say CBD has zero recreational value which is a shame. Might have to up the amount of thc if I want to feel anything.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Ive given CBD oil a try since last week. I got annoyed with getting kava through customs
And nearly ran out before edward came to the rescue.

Anyway, its a lot easier to get here than kava. And not too expensive
I bought some 5% full spectrum . Started low , by day 3 i had worked out 2 drops 3 times a day
Seemed to keep me panic free. An extra drop or two when doing something stressy.

Its not fun like kava, but its nice to know something else i can use medicinally.
Plus you can have a few beers later in the day. It has helped my acid reflux and dry eyes.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
The hawaiian kava vendor we know oziah who sells cbd and kava candy has a pretty good product that is the best value I've seen on the web after scouring at least a dozen sites and trying a few products. The gelcaps are very effective at 25mg and have some kind of absorption assist formula that really seems to get it working. A 25mg cap works more immediately and consistently than another reputable vendors 33mg dose in tincture form. I would only speak to the value and potency of the capsules though because they have the absorption formula and the other products do not and are similar to the other products on the market albeit a better value.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
I'm in Spain on hols. I didn't take kava just cbd. It has worked brilliantly. Really takes the edge off. And has enabled me get a proper sleep. Wake at 5, couple of drops back off by 6 ish wake at 9 etc. Lovely. Can have a few beers too.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
CBD is great but it cost do damn much... medically here you can only get 600 mg for $80-100 and you need at least 50mg in my opinion for most things
I buy a half kg of hemp trim for $100. That's under $3.50/oz. Anyway, I use it to make cannabuttter with a crock pot. It is quite cheap if you make your own products, but expensive to buy the readymade. Like a little bottle can cost $100 or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.