What's new

Chlorella/Spirulina and Kava

Status
Not open for further replies.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
This week I've started taking Chlorella and Spirulina tablets for detox purposes, no kava in mind. But I noticed that every day I drank kava was as potent as the other even day 3 in a row for me. Had the tablets again in the morning and same result, short term tolerance was reset. I know a lot of people talk about reverse tolerance but I've never experienced that, I tend to get short term tolerance and need to take a break. What this also did was sometimes after kava my nose would feel more congested and my face would feel a little sun burn-y if anyone can relate to that, cleared it up in minutes after taking the tablets. I'm not sure what's going on here but from my end it seems like something is blocking kavalactone delivery in tolerance cases or in this case fake tolerance. Clearing something from the kava and allowing proper delivery again but I'm not sure what. Has anyone else had experience here or knows anything about what could possibly be going on here? Either way I'm satisfied though.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
This week I've started taking Chlorella and Spirulina tablets for detox purposes, no kava in mind. But I noticed that every day I drank kava was as potent as the other even day 3 in a row for me. Had the tablets again in the morning and same result, short term tolerance was reset. I know a lot of people talk about reverse tolerance but I've never experienced that, I tend to get short term tolerance and need to take a break. What this also did was sometimes after kava my nose would feel more congested and my face would feel a little sun burn-y if anyone can relate to that, cleared it up in minutes after taking the tablets. I'm not sure what's going on here but from my end it seems like something is blocking kavalactone delivery in tolerance cases or in this case fake tolerance. Clearing something from the kava and allowing proper delivery again but I'm not sure what. Has anyone else had experience here or knows anything about what could possibly be going on here? Either way I'm satisfied though.
What brands are you using? I want to try this. I don't get tolerance, but could definitely use a boost and I do get the congestion problem.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
What brands are you using? I want to try this. I don't get tolerance, but could definitely use a boost and I do get the congestion problem.
This kind right here --> https://tinyurl.com/yc8pzyah No other ingredients either which is nice. A lot of people say you need to start with a smaller dose and work your way up but I can do 15-20 no problem (I'll keep it at 15 though, doesn't seem to have any increased benefit beyond that unless you're very deficient in something).

That is so cool! I wanted to find a way to get back that first time kava feel. I think I have some chlorella powder, I will try it!
Please do, would be interesting to see if it's the combo or just one alone that's doing it.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
This kind right here --> https://tinyurl.com/yc8pzyah No other ingredients either which is nice. A lot of people say you need to start with a smaller dose and work your way up but I can do 15-20 no problem (I'll keep it at 15 though, doesn't seem to have any increased benefit beyond that unless you're very deficient in something).

Please do, would be interesting to see if it's the combo or just one alone that's doing it.
Thank you! I added it to my wish list. I've been avoiding trying this because I didn't want to deal with loose powder.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
Thank you! I added it to my wish list. I've been avoiding trying this because I didn't want to deal with loose powder.
The tablets are much more manageable, I actually don't mind the way it tastes. Drinking my kava tonight and I got sort of a delayed onset after days of not drinking kava but it's a decent experience, will be drinking again tomorrow to see the results. You'll never get anything mind blowing every time anyways, I think that depends on how much of what receptors are available at a certain time. That delayed onset though tells me that what's going on here is you need a balance to get the perfect experience, whatever it is that's in the way this stuff clears it out (possibly something else in the root powder?) but some saturation of it that holds dormant kavalactones does you good when it comes to having a real potent experience. No scientist but that's what it looks like so far.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
Really don’t know much about a possible combination between the three. Chlorella and Spirulina are an excellent source of about everything. One of the few things that you could probably live on if taking enough of it. As another recommended is a possible lack of a nutrient that you are now receiving but I have no clue as to what. Maybe placebo even, can’t really say. It’s crazy what the nutrient profile is of what’s essentially algae.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
Really don’t know much about a possible combination between the three. Chlorella and Spirulina are an excellent source of about everything. One of the few things that you could probably live on if taking enough of it. As another recommended is a possible lack of a nutrient that you are now receiving but I have no clue as to what. Maybe placebo even, can’t really say. It’s crazy what the nutrient profile is of what’s essentially algae.
I was surprised myself, I was just using it for detox purposes. May actually lower it to just the normal dose on the package of 10 a day because I wasn't that deficient in anything else and it just gave me more energy I didn't specifically need otherwise. But night 2 and it hit hard tonight and I have tomorrow too even though I don't like cramming my few uses of kava a week into 3 straight days and be waiting too long and for money's sake I try to avoid 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.