What's new

Look out Stagger Lee

StaggerLee

Kava Curious
I am very new to kava and was convinced I was going to go through a long stretch of reverse tolerance. I usually have a pretty strong tolerance to just about everything. With this in mind I purchased a aluball and Kwk somoan kava.
My first attempt I had 4 tbs in cold water and felt relaxed but not what I was hoping for. My second attempt which was today I mixed 8 tbs into warm tap water. I'm not sure how much water I used I just filled bottle to the u on aluball first wash and little less for 2nd wash. Well something clicked whether it was overcoming a short stint of rt the increase of kava powder or warm water, I am totally happy with the space in time I am occupying at this moment. If this isn't the full effect of kava I don't need to feel it's full effect this is pretty much perfect. Now I just gotta figure out to afford this stuff.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I am very new to kava and was convinced I was going to go through a long stretch of reverse tolerance. I usually have a pretty strong tolerance to just about everything. With this in mind I purchased a aluball and Kwk somoan kava.
My first attempt I had 4 tbs in cold water and felt relaxed but not what I was hoping for. My second attempt which was today I mixed 8 tbs into warm tap water. I'm not sure how much water I used I just filled bottle to the u on aluball first wash and little less for 2nd wash. Well something clicked whether it was overcoming a short stint of rt the increase of kava powder or warm water, I am totally happy with the space in time I am occupying at this moment. If this isn't the full effect of kava I don't need to feel it's full effect this is pretty much perfect. Now I just gotta figure out to afford this stuff.
Bula!

You can do a lot to bring costs down through efficiency. I do that but instead of saving more money I just use efficiency to drink more kava.

StaggerLee

Kava Curious
Bula!

You can do a lot to bring costs down through efficiency. I do that but instead of saving more money I just use efficiency to drink more kava.
I have seen your video on making mongrel grog and found it very informative. As a matter of fact I have my aluball makas in the freezer as we speak. I definitely Will have my ears open to suggestions on making kava go futher.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Water temperature could have something to do with it.
I have seen people here say that warm water is better, and I thought they meant only with traditional prep. But maybe warmer water is better with Aluball, as well ?
My Aluball instructions always said to only use cold or room temp water, both for the kava and the cleaning, so I was always hesitant to put warm water in the Aluball, wondering what kind of adverse effects it might have, either on the kava or the Aluball ?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Water temperature could have something to do with it.
I have seen people here say that warm water is better, and I thought they meant only with traditional prep. But maybe warmer water is better with Aluball, as well ?
My Aluball instructions always said to only use cold or room temp water, both for the kava and the cleaning, so I was always hesitant to put warm water in the Aluball, wondering what kind of adverse effects it might have, either on the kava or the Aluball ?
The instructions for the AluBall specifically say never to use anything but cold or room temperature water with the AluBall system. I assume warm or hot or boiling water would compromise the glue or leach chemicals or something?