What's new

Kavaeffect going the wrong way

tutti196

Kava Curious
Hello,

drinking daily kava (40g) since half a year now mostly for sleep kava supreme and got krunk all the time at 40g in december I started to take on 10.12.2018 5 htp and Rhodiola rosea on about 1.12.2018 for depression at the date 20.12.2018 I need to add more and more so now at 60g all downing in 1 min im getting some small effects nothing krunk like.

Ssame procedure as allways not eating or drinking after 5 pm and shaking 8:30 and drinking 9 pm, it seems something is blocking the effects or kava and it could only be 5 htp or Rhodiola rosea.

Did someone notice that too?

Krunkonaut

The life of a kavaholic
I'd check if your strainer is still working properly, other reason I can think of is maybe the most recent batch of kava supreme is a bit weaker?

tutti196

Kava Curious
nah its the same batch thats got me krunked at 40g because I have 2 kg of it here, I allu ball only today at 80g and got litte krunked. The preb is all the same have 6 alluballs here and changed it, did not work.

It was all great could even do alluballing after 3 hour of not eating and got krunk and 1 time I did 10g kava after I was krunk and than I dont really remember anymore :D

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
nah its the same batch thats got me krunked at 40g because I have 2 kg of it here, I allu ball only today at 80g and got litte krunked. The preb is all the same have 6 alluballs here and changed it, did not work.

It was all great could even do alluballing after 3 hour of not eating and got krunk and 1 time I did 10g kava after I was krunk and than I dont really remember anymore :D
Some krunks are better then others I find, regardless of the norm. Sometimes other variables in your environment can affect your results. I think it has happened to everyone one time or another.

tutti196

Kava Curious
I die not get krunk After 20.12 at 60 or more Gramm. This Night I did 100g and my Body was krunk but my head not, could be because of 5 Htp side effect for me after I started to take it I had dizziness the whole day, what didn‘t bother me. But it seems that this is blocking the effects in the head but not on the Body.

I try to take something else soon, so if its better I know exactly if 5 htp is the one.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I die not get krunk After 20.12 at 60 or more Gramm. This Night I did 100g and my Body was krunk but my head not, could be because of 5 Htp side effect for me after I started to take it I had dizziness the whole day, what didn‘t bother me. But it seems that this is blocking the effects in the head but not on the Body.

I try to take something else soon, so if its better I know exactly if 5 htp is the one.
If you're drinking Supreme it's mostly a body krunk and not too heady. Pleasant upstairs, to be sure, but Supreme is mostly a body thang, anyway.

tutti196

Kava Curious
Yeah but it good me still krunked half a year long so I just Lay down in the bed. and insta sleep but not anymore since I take 5 htp, I only get the can Walk in a strait war and that was definitly not the case before 5 htp it was the best sleeping aid what i know of.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Yeah but it good me still krunked half a year long so I just Lay down in the bed. and insta sleep but not anymore since I take 5 htp, I only get the can Walk in a strait war and that was definitly not the case before 5 htp it was the best sleeping aid what i know of.
Careful with the supplements. Only change one thing at a time and wait at least several days before making another change. Do you use a third party testing service to check out your supplements? I highly recommend it. Then you will know what is really in what you're taking.
Cordyceps will sometimes interfere with my kava drinking. The feeling is like too many slices of pie. It's odd. So I rotate days with one for cordyceps and one for kava. Maybe try this with your 5-htp

tutti196

Kava Curious
I dont do 5 htp at today and take Tryptophan that what the body need to make 5 htp and will see how it goes will try kava at sunday and Report.

I have no testing Service

tutti196

Kava Curious
seems like it wasnt really 5 htp the effect was better but not so that I could lay on the bed and sleep instant so I'm going to reduce rhodiola and perhabs take safran?
What is really importent for me is sleep

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
seems like it wasnt really 5 htp the effect was better but not so that I could lay on the bed and sleep instant so I'm going to reduce rhodiola and perhabs take safran?
What is really importent for me is sleep
Sometimes people find it better to stop kava 1-2 hours before bed. If you're not doing this already, stop all screen time one hour before bed and turn the lights down low. This for me is difficult to be self disciplined with, but does help.

tutti196

Kava Curious
Yeah but kava before just knocked me to sleep in less then 2 min, now i got more or less sleepy. So I need to figure out what it Blocks since I took some things

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Yeah but kava before just knocked me to sleep in less then 2 min, now i got more or less sleepy. So I need to figure out what it Blocks since I took some things
If the lack of sedation started when you got a new shipment, it could be due to a blend change. All kava products have fluctuating effect profiles. Now days most lean towards not being very sedating.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
kava quickly making you sleepy might well happen occasionally and be an enjoyable and fortuitous event but not something you can rely on with any kava. This is not a dragon you want to chase, IMO.

tutti196

Kava Curious
Same batch as the knocked me down, I mean I can feel that something is wrong in my head (if I can say it that way) one way or the other changed after I took the supplyment that stops kava

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
kava quickly making you sleepy might well happen occasionally and be an enjoyable and fortuitous event but not something you can rely on with any kava. This is not a dragon you want to chase, IMO.
Just a few years ago it wasn't hard to obtain a reliable supply of euphoric and strongly sedating root. At that time kava appeared to be the best sleep aid available with the fewest long term side effects. Sadly those days are over and paying ridiculously high prices for typically lackluster or disappointing effects is going to be the new norm.

@tutti196 Have you tried traditionally prepping as opposed to Aluball? Increasing dosage only helps to a certain point but kneading or blending will result in a stronger drink.