What's new

Will changing the Kava type help ?

aviavieu

Kava Enthusiast
I drank Kava from Kavasociety for the second time and I felt badly for the second time, I was too excited and somehow I did not feel well in general. She has an euphoric profile, is there any sense to think about testing other types of Kava Chemotype more calming type Borongoru or even I should forgive myself Kave and it would be a shame to be.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Different kavas affect everyone differently and not every kava will be good for every person. Saying that it is very easy to make yourself feel unwell by simply drinking too much of any kava. How much are you using per session? It certainly would be a good idea to try a few different types of kava anyway. If you've tried something heady and euphoric maybe try something heavier next time like Kavafied Supreme or Hiwa from GHK.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I drank Kava from Kavasociety for the second time and I felt badly for the second time, I was too excited and somehow I did not feel well in general. She has an euphoric profile, is there any sense to think about testing other types of Kava Chemotype more calming type Borongoru or even I should forgive myself Kave and it would be a shame to be.
After two experiments it is too early to draw any conclusions, unless you had allergic reactions, which did not happen, fortunately.

So to avoid bad feelings, drink less or make it weaker. Gradually you can increase dosage by small amounts as long as each small increase doesn’t provoke feeling bad like your first two attempts.

InRT you really only have three options:

1. Drink very small amounts to “prime”your system, like you use a primer in painting, and just wait for your body to adapt. Once past RT then you can shell normally but until then you are a special case. FWIW when I started I drank kava daily for two months with no effects except vivid dreams.

2. Try to drink normally as if you are seasoned and feel sick as a result. That’s what most people do and why most people who stop drinking kava early on do. Of course, some just muddle through that, as it is temporary, but many quit.

3. Deliberately try to provoke a catharsis and make a breakthrough past RT. Could involve considerable short term unpleasantness until success , or might work the very first time with no problem.

My advise is to not worry, be patient, have very low expectations at first.

All have their advantages and differences.