What's new

Kava curing my acne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krunkonaut

The life of a kavaholic
I've had bad acne problems for a really long time. I already have taken 2 cures of a year on isotretoïne which helped a lot but every time I had to quit it would come back. Whilst on isotretoïn I had to take a lot of blood tests to see if it wasn't causing any harm. At the start, I had bad liver results which the doctor found concerning, considering I hadn't been sick before and during the blood test. The doctor thinks it was due to me taking valerian at the same time. I quit taking valerian and the liver results came back better, not sure if that really was the issue tho... So when my kava was delivered I decided to play it safe and just take it weekly which let's be honest is not possible at all haha. My blood test always came back good afterward so it was probably just a weird coincidence. The last cure I took ended just before July and for the next months, I was free of any acne. Thinking the isotretoïn finally cured my acne I ran out of kava and the acne kicked me back in the face. I've received a new batch of kava 3 days ago and the effect it's having on my skin is amazing. I'm finding it as effective as isotretoïn! My skin is drying up and all the acne is disappearing again, now my only problem is keeping my face hydrated but I shouldn't be complaining lol.
I've decided on taking a lifetime kava cure for my acne to make sure it's not coming back::KavaChug::
Anyone had similar experiences?

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Yes, I didn't have real bad acne but still too much for someone in his forties. I think it was a combination of the drying effects of the Kava and the anxiety relief of Kava. I think I heard mention that is used in the islands for teenagers struggling with acne.
What he said. Seriously Squanch's experience is much the same as mine. Could it be a coincidence of just age, maybe, but it certainly feels like it aligns with the start of my kava drinking. I think the ability of kava to dry your skin out is the culprit.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I've had bad acne problems for a really long time. I already have taken 2 cures of a year on isotretoïne which helped a lot but every time I had to quit it would come back. Whilst on isotretoïn I had to take a lot of blood tests to see if it wasn't causing any harm. At the start, I had bad liver results which the doctor found concerning, considering I hadn't been sick before and during the blood test. The doctor thinks it was due to me taking valerian at the same time. I quit taking valerian and the liver results came back better, not sure if that really was the issue tho... So when my kava was delivered I decided to play it safe and just take it weekly which let's be honest is not possible at all haha. My blood test always came back good afterward so it was probably just a weird coincidence. The last cure I took ended just before July and for the next months, I was free of any acne. Thinking the isotretoïn finally cured my acne I ran out of kava and the acne kicked me back in the face. I've received a new batch of kava 3 days ago and the effect it's having on my skin is amazing. I'm finding it as effective as isotretoïn! My skin is drying up and all the acne is disappearing again, now my only problem is keeping my face hydrated but I shouldn't be complaining lol.
I've decided on taking a lifetime kava cure for my acne to make sure it's not coming back::KavaChug::
Anyone had similar experiences?
I completely stopped getting pimples after I started drinking kava. In fact, it cleared up every skin problem I had, like pseudo-rosacea, eczema, palmo-plantar pustulosis. Also, I now have to wash my hair only every second or third day instead of every day and I use half as much shampoo when I do. Sort of like I drink 1/2 cup coffee instead of 2 but I enjoy it twice as much.

Kava makes some pretty interesting systemic changes, including the ones that can only come from getting 8 hours of refreshing renewing sleep night after night, week after week, month after month, relentlessly healthy revitalizing sleep every night, all night. It's scary what our bodies can do when we give them a good chance.

Last edited:

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I too used to get acne. Mine was hormone related and not severe, but now I literally never get acne. Not one pimple for over a year. I do have dry skin problems and have to be vigilant with my water intake and my lotions and potions.

Status
Not open for further replies.