What's new

Kava Strain Ratings?

liam8888

Kava Curious
Instant is instant so very little prep at all . I haven't tried GHK's instant but I have tried other instant kavas. I used to just start with maybe a quarter cup of water mix in 2 tsps instant kava stirring with a spoon till it's all wet sort of like watery paste then add more water , stir till all the paste is dissolved into the water ( you don't want to leave any of the good stuff on the bottom of the cup or bowl your using) and drink it...fast because the taste is hard to take for most new to kava. With instant you can stir it into any drink (non alcoholic drink) like juice to help if you can't handle the taste right away. The Dua Na Bilo is medium grind and so traditional prep,
thanks, ok, just to make sure, the instant kava doesn't require a strainer bag right? just stir it in and drink?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
haha thanks :) ... so 2 teaspoons doesn't sound like much, is the instant somehow more potent or stronger than regular kava? I don't get it, it's just ground up much more finely, is it because more surface areas is exposed?
Technically a true instant is made from green (fresh) kava that's dehydrated in a brand-specific way that produces a powder that easily mixes with water. It tends to be a good bit more potent than micro (much more potent than medium grind), also a good bit more expensive.

Two teaspoons is a small amount, but with instant you'll want to start slow and work your way up to your preferred amount.

The euphoric kavas will tend to sway towards the "mind" portion of the slider, whereas sedative kavas will lean towards "body". These results are an aggregate of every review submitted to kavaforums. Whenever you submit a review for kava here it will impact the score that kava receives in the product display.

For example, say you wanted to see where the reviews for Borongoru from Kalm with Kava were.
You would go view the product review page here: http://kavaforums.com/forum/forums/kalm-with-kava-product-profiles.185/
You can see each kava, and the number of reviews it took to make the grade
Hey. Thanks for those two links. I'm new to kava and they basically answered every question I had so far!