What's new

What Are The Heaviest Kavas?

SmokedOut

Kava Curious
What are the most heaviest kavas? I asked which kavas have a good bodyload, but after trying out 5 star kava, I want some thing heavier. I used kava nambawan mixed with 11 year waka for 4 years already so I do not want those unless that becomes my last resort, and reading from the reviews kavafieds supreme sounds weak and for beginners. And then boronguro sounds like it causes anxiety. I have a high substance tolerance, so I need kavas that are of the heaviest. Anyway I would appreciate other experienced kava users input, thank you.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Kava Supreme is usually on the heavy side...I wouldn't call it weak beginners kava. Real Kava's Vanuatu is strong and heavy. Nakamal at Home's Stone Kava is usually heavy...but they jacked the price up on their stuff. I had a batch of Fiji Fresh waka that very strong and very heavy...but I've had other batches that had a different effects profile. Mixing Nangol Noble with Kava Supreme is good.

I bought a batch of 5 Star recently and it was great...a much more positive and full experience compared the majority of stuff out there...with less negative side-effects too.

SmokedOut

Kava Curious
You make me want to stick with 5 star. Hmmm, I will try out the other ones you suggested, all though stone kava hits me weak. It just depends on the person as we both know. Anyways thank you my friend.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
KT Kadavu is very good and strong too, worth exploring, another favorite is KWK Borongoru.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
What are the most heaviest kavas? I asked which kavas have a good bodyload, but after trying out 5 star kava, I want some thing heavier. I used kava nambawan mixed with 11 year waka for 4 years already so I do not want those unless that becomes my last resort, and reading from the reviews kavafieds supreme sounds weak and for beginners. And then boronguro sounds like it causes anxiety. I have a high substance tolerance, so I need kavas that are of the heaviest. Anyway I would appreciate other experienced kava users input, thank you.
Kavafied Supreme is neither weak nor for beginners, IMO. I use it to treat major post-surgical pain or other physical pain, and it works.

The other two gotos in the heavy dept for me are KavaTime's Savusavu and Canopy's VanuWAKA (which I make at a water ratio 33% increased because it is so strong). Also in a pinch I drink some Solomons kavas, though they are not really strong as painkillers, more as drowsiness inducers.

SmokedOut

Kava Curious
KT Kadavu is very good and strong too, worth exploring, another favorite is KWK Borongoru.
Alright, thanks.

Kavafied Supreme is neither weak nor for beginners, IMO. I use it to treat major post-surgical pain or other physical pain, and it works.

The other two gotos in the heavy dept for me are KavaTime's Savusavu and Canopy's VanuWAKA (which I make at a water ratio 33% increased because it is so strong). Also in a pinch I drink some Solomons kavas, though they are not really strong as painkillers, more as drowsiness inducers.
Which one would you say is the heaviest out of those 3 kavas you mentioned? The vanuwaka sounds good. Painkilling is good.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Alright, thanks.

Which one would you say is the heaviest out of those 3 kavas you mentioned? The vanuwaka sounds good. Painkilling is good.
Fwiw I use all three about equally. I constantly change kavas to minimize the effect of diminishing marginal rates of return when drinking the same kava twice in a row. Doesn’t affect everyone like that, but I know some others who experience that. IAE all three are equally effective at painkilling. Other than that each is distinct enough with special great qualities you would eventually want to try all three. Beginners would prefer Supreme I believe, connoisseurs maybe Savusavu and party guys VanuWAKA (remember, make that 75% as strong as other kavas as it is 33% stronger).

SmokedOut

Kava Curious
All three sound nice. What I'll do for now is try the savusavu and vanuwaka mixed together. Thank you so much for your input. It was gladly appreciated, as this is exactly what I wanted to know.

Happy kava drinking

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
The 5 Star is probably the best balanced/strong kava out there when you account for the easy drink ability and lack of side effects. It would be nearly perfect if the KL% were higher and it had more heavy KLs. Unfortunately now is probably the worst time ever to shop for heavy kava -- especially if you've had the good stuff in years past. If you want something really heavy and still get enough of a head buzz to make it enjoyable you pretty much have to mix. Nangol/Supreme has been good. The new batch of Nambawan is supposed to be heavier but I haven't got any yet.

As far as pain killing goes, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. Kava used to be an important complement to my pain management strategy but if it's under 10% KL or doesn't have good amounts of M or DHM, it's pretty weak compared to other pain killing/muscle relaxing herbs.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Nakamal at Home's Stone Kava is usually heavy...but they jacked the price up on their stuff.
I liked the Stone they were selling last year. More balanced than it used to be though. I think it could use a touch of ISA, personally. I just don't know how much longer I'm going to be willing to spend $70-80 a pound.

SmokedOut

Kava Curious
Thanks for all that info. That's what I needed to hear. Helps a lot. Anyways, I'm trying out vanuwaka and supreme currently, but next time I think I am going to get the 5 star again after what you just said. I wish I could afford the instant kava from them. Anyways, things should work out fine now after what you told me about heavy kavas..in the sense to know that there is only a limited supply of heavy kava.