What's new

Liver panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
Don't have the exact numbers to put up on here but latest liver panels were great as usual. Was having pain on my right side for about a week and decided to go get checked out by the doctor just in case. I think it might just be constipation maybe not drinking enough water or something. I eat mostly vegan but i still do eat meat sometimes ( not a strict Vegan obviously its mostly for health benefits)

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
The fibers from kava too can cause that side pain mixed with constipation.
Oh yeah i know kava can cause some discomfort, i try to stay hydrated as much as possible and use nylon strainers first then aluball 2nd wash, so im not getting too much fibers hopefully.Yeah as long as my liver stays good ill be fine. I get regular blood tests for cancer and the like so ill catch anything as early as possible. Thankgod i live in 2019 with insurance.

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
Why the regular cancer scans ? Are you older ?
No im 25 but i smoked cigarettes when i was younger and my anxiety drives me to the point of thinking/ fearing about death nearly everyday. So to calm the little voice in my head that says "you're dying" i get regular xrays, blood panels, echocardiograms and CT scans every 3 or 4 months. I never want to be one of those poor humans that gets told I've been diagnosed with stage-4 cancer( or anything bad) I'd rather catch it at stage 1

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
No im 25 but i smoked cigarettes when i was younger and my anxiety drives me to the point of thinking/ fearing about death nearly everyday. So to calm the little voice in my head that says "you're dying" i get regular xrays, blood panels, echocardiograms and CT scans every 3 or 4 months. I never want to be one of those poor humans that gets told I've been diagnosed with stage-4 cancer( or anything bad) I'd rather catch it at stage 1
Watch your radiation levels buddy. New information says they no longer know how many scans are a safe level of exposure.

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
Watch your radiation levels buddy. New information says they no longer know how many scans are a safe level of exposure.
Oh yes even my anxiety tells me to only get X-rays sparingly. I am fully aware of what x-rays actually are but thank you for your concern .I try to just go with a blood test even from that they can tell you if your white blood cell count is high.

Kodiak

Kava Curious
I've been animal product free since 2004 (only mentioning since you mentioned...), drink lots of kava regularly, have to take 2 drugs for a chronic genetic illness that are harsh on liver, I'm in my mid thirties, get panels every 6 months, and they are always totally fine regardless of kava intake.

Just as a data point...

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I have stage 4 cancer. I'm still human. I'm happier than I have ever been in my life, and I was always happy. Is there anything I can say to spare you the next 50 years of worrying about it? Seriously.

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
I have stage 4 cancer. I'm still human. I'm happier than I have ever been in my life, and I was always happy. Is there anything I can say to spare you the next 50 years of worrying about it? Seriously.
First of all I'm very sad to hear that and I'm sorry that it's happening to you. and second I'm not sure if there's anything you can say, I think as long as my girlfriend now is true to her words and stays with me till I die I guess I don't have much of a problem. And some part of me always wonders and fears what happens after death if anything. If it's nothing I guess I'm just really sad that I'll never be able to see my wife, brothers and family again. I probably think about that evrey hour evreyday for all my life. But maybe that's why I like kava to shut that voice up

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
First of all I'm very sad to hear that and I'm sorry that it's happening to you. and second I'm not sure if there's anything you can say, I think as long as my girlfriend now is true to her words and stays with me till I die I guess I don't have much of a problem. And some part of me always wonders and fears what happens after death if anything. If it's nothing I guess I'm just really sad that I'll never be able to see my wife, brothers and family again. I probably think about that evrey hour evreyday for all my life. But maybe that's why I like kava to shut that voice up
Yeah, I can see where that would come in particularly handy. I think a lot of us enjoy the quiet kava can give us, especially the internal quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.