What's new

Aneurysms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
If someone has aneurysms after embolization, can he drink the kava?

Regards
Welcome to KF, I don't know the answer but it's probably better that you ask your PCP before using it. He/she, knows you better than anyone else.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Does Kava increase blood pressure or pulse?
It can certainly raise heart rate. This effect can be more or less pronounced depending on the type of kava, grind, and amount used. I believe @Kojo Douglas observed an increased heart rate when over-indulging in kava, something I've also experienced.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
There was a period of time when I would test my BP and pulse before and during kava...my results showed slightly reduced blood pressure and slightly elevated heart rate.
But my experience isn’t necessarily true for all people and all kavas.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Can defintiely confirm elevated heart rate when krunked, but slightly lower heart rate when just mildly affected by Kava. It also depends on the type and variety of Kava.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Can defintiely confirm elevated heart rate when krunked, but slightly lower heart rate when just mildly affected by Kava. It also depends on the type and variety of Kava.
This would explain why some folks say not to drink kava right before bed, especially if you were already drinking kava earlier in the day. I think I had a few nights that didn't go so well because I drank kava as a sleep aid but with how much was already in my system, my heart rate going up kept me awake and anxious.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I've thrown some clots into my lung in the past, before my kava days. Almost died but here I am.

I'd say the biggest thing is watch your hydration carefully. Kava is a diuretic. The biggest risks for blood clots in your control are your fluid levels, don't take hormones, and eat things with vitamin K to keep your blood thinned. Cod liver oil, garlic, ginger, dark leafy greens. Nettle infusions are good too.

Darba

Thank you all for your attention. Maybe because of my weak English, I still don't know can I give Kava to my 65 years old father with aneurysms after embolization:).

verticity

I'm interested in things
Thank you all for your attention. Maybe because of my weak English, I still don't know can I give Kava to my 65 years old father with aneurysms after embolization:).
I think you should ask your father's doctor. We are kava enthusiasts, but we are not medical experts. Kava can have side effects and can interact with medications. It might be a bad idea to give it to someone with serious heart disease..

(There is evidence that kava can act as a blood thinner. Please see the references here:
http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/is-kava-a-blood-thinner.10627/page-2#post-125832
@HeadHodge stopped drinking kava after his surgery for that reason I think)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.