What's new

Kava Capsules

letournc

Anybody try the NOW foods Kava capsules or the Gia herbs capsules. Does anyone know if these use noble Kava? I sort of question the quality of Kava being used in these larger more commercialized supplement companies. Any insight in how they obtain their Kava would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
Anybody try the NOW foods Kava capsules or the Gia herbs capsules. Does anyone know if these use noble Kava? I sort of question the quality of Kava being used in these larger more commercialized supplement companies. Any insight in how they obtain their Kava would be appreciated.

Cheers!
AFAIK Gaia uses noble kava. I’m a big fan of them and occasionally buy a bottle, however as much as I like them they are one of the least cost effective options on the market. They work and are useful in many situations but if you’re like me or many other people it will take 5+ capsules (for me it’s 8) to get any effects.

letournc

AFAIK Gaia uses noble kava. I’m a big fan of them and occasionally buy a bottle, however as much as I like them they are one of the least cost effective options on the market. They work and are useful in many situations but if you’re like me or many other people it will take 5+ capsules (for me it’s 8) to get any effects.
Thanks for the feedback. Out of curiosity what is the equivalent number of shells of traditional prep for you to get the same effect as 8 capsules? I agree the capsules are pricey, and I would basically like to use kava for work so I want to take it Monday through Friday.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
Thanks for the feedback. Out of curiosity what is the equivalent number of shells of traditional prep for you to get the same effect as 8 capsules? I agree the capsules are pricey, and I would basically like to use kava for work so I want to take it Monday through Friday.
It’s tough to compare because I don’t get similar effects. The capsules are much more “buzzy” for me and do a great job of boosting my mood and productivity where as the traditional prep doesn’t energize me at all. I would definitely suggest trying them, worst thing that could happen is you go through the bottle quick. Good luck and keep us posted

letournc

Okay got, thanks I ordered some GIA capsules along with a sample pack of medium grind from Kalm with Kava.
I also came across capsules from kava.com that claim to be only noble Kava from Vanuatu. At least one post on Reddit seems to put kava.com in a vendor group to stay away from?