What's new

Kava makes a Comedian

KavaCat

Meow.
Hey, what's up everyone? I haven't been hanging around regularly for a long time, but used to come around often. I'm sure a couple of you recognize me from way back. Hi! I'm not an everyday user, and sometimes I can go weeks between sessions, because some life situations changed, and the main reason for my kava consumption- anxiety- has gone down so drastically, that I am now basically a recreational user. So to speak. I love kava. I will forever love kava, it's part of my life, but in very moderate quantities. I could live without it, even if I don't want to. Ever.

But there IS one place where I do feel some anxiety, which is with my fiance's group of friends. (I got engaged last month, congrats to me.) He and four of his friends, and me, all play games on Friday nights, and I'm still relatively new to hanging out with them. I tried having some alcohol to loosen up, but it didn't work out well after several attempts. But when it occurred to me to have kava instead, it was fantastic! These guys are great people and laugh and joke often, but most of my jokes up to now have failed. Now, I know it's deadpan delivery. I can be a subtle humorist, and they just don't get me sometimes, when I say a joke. They take me seriously, when I'm actually just saying something in a sly fashion. (If it were just not-funny, then my fiance wouldn't catch it either, but he does always laugh at the jokes the rest of them miss. They just don't know me well enough to know that I AM actually joking. We had a long conversation about this and figured it out.)

But last week, with the kava, I was killing them. I had those boys in STITCHES. One comment hit the host so hard that we had to stop playing the game for a couple of minutes while he recovered. And just on the basis of everyone laughing so much this time, it was one of the best game nights so far. Kava is definitely going to be a game night addition for the foreseeable future. Gonna try out those ginger-mint candies when my check comes in.

I'll update you guys on Saturday, as to how tomorrow goes. I might even have to reign it in. ::evillaugh2::

Uh, anyway, tell me about all the new kavas out there. I like mostly-heady, but Mo'i is a touch TOO heady. I really love the Fijian from Dua Na Bilo. If anyone can point me to some newer products that are up a similar alley, that's appreciated.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hey, what's up everyone? I haven't been hanging around regularly for a long time, but used to come around often. I'm sure a couple of you recognize me from way back. Hi! I'm not an everyday user, and sometimes I can go weeks between sessions, because some life situations changed, and the main reason for my kava consumption- anxiety- has gone down so drastically, that I am now basically a recreational user. So to speak. I love kava. I will forever love kava, it's part of my life, but in very moderate quantities. I could live without it, even if I don't want to. Ever.

But there IS one place where I do feel some anxiety, which is with my fiance's group of friends. (I got engaged last month, congrats to me.) He and four of his friends, and me, all play games on Friday nights, and I'm still relatively new to hanging out with them. I tried having some alcohol to loosen up, but it didn't work out well after several attempts. But when it occurred to me to have kava instead, it was fantastic! These guys are great people and laugh and joke often, but most of my jokes up to now have failed. Now, I know it's deadpan delivery. I can be a subtle humorist, and they just don't get me sometimes, when I say a joke. They take me seriously, when I'm actually just saying something in a sly fashion. (If it were just not-funny, then my fiance wouldn't catch it either, but he does always laugh at the jokes the rest of them miss. They just don't know me well enough to know that I AM actually joking. We had a long conversation about this and figured it out.)

But last week, with the kava, I was killing them. I had those boys in STITCHES. One comment hit the host so hard that we had to stop playing the game for a couple of minutes while he recovered. And just on the basis of everyone laughing so much this time, it was one of the best game nights so far. Kava is definitely going to be a game night addition for the foreseeable future. Gonna try out those ginger-mint candies when my check comes in.

I'll update you guys on Saturday, as to how tomorrow goes. I might even have to reign it in. ::evillaugh2::

Uh, anyway, tell me about all the new kavas out there. I like mostly-heady, but Mo'i is a touch TOO heady. I really love the Fijian from Dua Na Bilo. If anyone can point me to some newer products that are up a similar alley, that's appreciated.
Kava Time has some great kavas back in stock, as does BKH and Fiji Fresh. That's just off the top of my head.

KavaCat

Meow.
General update. Games were too intense this past week to really joke around. Anyone who has a group who plays games of any kind, you know how it gets sometimes. I was enjoying my smiles and kava, and I think I got one joke in edgewise, but everyone was too engrossed this time. I ended up falling asleep halfway through because I didn't have much to contribute to that particular game. Oh well!