What's new

Anyone here drink Kava first thing in the morning?

Russell Caruso

TravelingMan
I do it very rarely. I stick to the headier kinds in the mornings for obvious reasons, but I was just wondering if anyone makes Kava a part of their daily morning ritual. How does it affect you?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
When I first started drinking kava I would drink it in the morning, but over time I stopped and moved kava time to the evening. I think what killed it for me is I drank too much one morning and my eyes felt as if they were permanently crossed.

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
Surprisingly, the more I'm consistent with my intake, the less dermo I get (and dermo for me is more about dry hands and some harsh skin, nothing that bad).
I just came back from 7 days at Cuba without having more then one small session of micro in there. Back to Canada, me and my wife got only 2 days of dry hands when we were back at our normal intake. Now everything's back to normal. Hope that help!

FijiFreshKava

https://fijifresh.com
Kava Vendor
I think kava in the morning is great! In fact, I will blend it with coffee and it helps to get me focused and wake up (not a morning person here). That said, I feel like the effects are stronger so I will use half my normal dose or risk crashing by lunchtime. Also, keep in mind that if you have had kava the night before then you won't need as much kava.

Last edited:

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Very rarely, if at all. The only time I have it was for very specific reasons tied to an event that morning where I felt that the anxiety reducing effect would be extremely helpful. In general, I prefer heavy kavas to drain away my work day in the evenings an I let the shield effect linger through the next day versus drinking more.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Makes me feel too groggy as rule. I sometimes have a little heady kava in the day if i'm in the mood, but it's rare. Kava makes me want to lie down and chill!
Same! I get a tad too lazy and don't do things. I used to drink during the day, but it was hindering my ability to get things done. I might do it if I were in an office job that wasn't micromanaged.

KJ/P1X

Game Developer at P1X
I'm new to the kava so this could change in the future but for now I'm drinking a little bit in the morning with the yerba mate.
Starting with yerba is my routine for years now and I'm experiment with combining it with a kava (not literally, separate beverages).

bogmonkey

Kava? Yes please!
I love kava earlier in the day..not first thing though.
I only drink kava on the weekends, so if I drink a "stiff" kava at 11am I am usually good for the rest of the day. I mostly drink only lateral root type kavas as well.
I love to drink kava on Sunday mornings and spend the afternoon doing art, kava and painting go together incredibly well!

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I'm new to the kava so this could change in the future but for now I'm drinking a little bit in the morning with the yerba mate.
Starting with yerba is my routine for years now and I'm experiment with combining it with a kava (not literally, separate beverages).
it's fine if you combine it literally, I've done that.
A vendor actually used to sell a Yerba kava mix pre maid. The bombilla works good for kava. However the taste at 150 F is not the best for kava lol!