What's new

Double cream v coconut cream or milk

2104dawn

Earthling, kava fan, sleep ninja
Hi all
I saw a few posts a while ago discussing the difference, if any, that adding cream to your kava can make. I hadn't tried this before so gave it a go.

Wow! What a difference - it definitely must've drawn out many more of the kavalactones, cos it was mucho stronger:). And it tasted good (although I like the taste of kava anyway).

I've tried it so far with Savu Savu, Vanuata Supreme and Isa PNG and have really noticed a difference in potency/effect - woohoo! When I'm doing a wash I usually chuck whatever kava mixes I've had over the past few days together. Adding a little cream to this has also made a considerable difference to strength(y).

I've recently been trying coconut cream and coconut milk - both taste nice and did increase the strength - but not, in my opinion, as good as the ole double cream.

So - just wanted to share this positive experience and ask for any suggestions on anything else I can try to increase potency/effect?

2104dawn

Earthling, kava fan, sleep ninja
Haven’t we already been through this? If you add fat to your grog you must call it Kava Kava

Hi Skywalker. Must I? What happens if I don't?. Will the kava police whisk me away, put me on a kava language course?

On that note though, when I'm having instant, I mix it with (I know it's irreverent, but the taste otherwise......grooeuchhhh) Vimpto. What do I call that, since fat has greedily grabbed the kava kava title? Surely not kava kava kava?

Hrrrm - the Vimpto does make the concoction very bubbly. Perhaps lava kava?

Last edited:

KJ/P1X

Game Developer at P1X
I always use rice drink (milk alternative) instead of water. It makes kava more like a chicory coffee. In other words much better in taste.
Hard to tell if it enhance the potency.

bogmonkey

Kava? Yes please!
The kavalactones really seem to enjoy grabbing onto the fats. I use 1/4 cup of whole (full fat) milk in a 16oz glass of kava.
I really like the creaminess it adds, texture wise. I don't mind the taste of kava at all.