What's new

KWK Negative (odd) reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charismah

I've held off for months on writing this. In the interest of helping others and genuine curiosity I'm going to explain..
I was very new and trying different brands. My wife and I were exposed to kavadotcom first (I know, I know). We both loved it and thankfully I found this forum right away. My next order was from bula and had a great experience. I got frickin rip crunked on melo. Lol. But I did get a hangover feeling that lasted a couple days.
In a pinch for time I ordered some kwk off Amazon, that's where things went negative.
I got pouni ono and vula .
Can't remember which I tried first, (it was the pouni ono),but I had very weird buzz I did not like(dizzy), then the next day my face was swelled and itchy. So like two weeks later I tried the other one, with my wife and dad. My wife hated it, said it made her feel awful and poisoned. She said it made her sick to her stomach and could not swallow it. The next day my face was huge, like it felt like my skin was gonna split. Took about a week for it all to purge out my body. I had tiny seed zits in every single pour of my upper body(thousands).
This was all after several weeks of enjoying others(bula) kava.
Am I allergic to kava after 5 weeks of using it, or was that kwk bunk?

Drank, about every other day for 5-6 weeks. Usually 2-3 shells per session over 3-4 hours. Strainer bag prep. 1 T per shell.

Btw, I've never had any reaction of any kind like that ever in my life.

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I've held off for months on writing this. In the interest of helping others and genuine curiosity I'm going to explain..
I was very new and trying different brands. My wife and I were exposed to kavadotcom first (I know, I know). We both loved it and thankfully I found this forum right away. My next order was from bula and had a great experience. I got frickin rip crunked on melo. Lol. But I did get a hangover feeling that lasted a couple days.
In a pinch for time I ordered some kwk off Amazon, that's where things went negative.
I got pouni ono and vula .
Can't remember which I tried first, (it was the pouni ono),but I had very weird buzz I did not like(dizzy), then the next day my face was swelled and itchy. So like two weeks later I tried the other one, with my wife and dad. My wife hated it, said it made her feel awful and poisoned. She said it made her sick to her stomach and could not swallow it. The next day my face was huge, like it felt like my skin was gonna split. Took about a week for it all to purge out my body. I had tiny seed zits in every single pour of my upper body(thousands).
This was all after several weeks of enjoying others(bula) kava.
Am I allergic to kava after 5 weeks of using it, or was that kwk bunk?

Drank, about every other day for 5-6 weeks. Usually 2-3 shells per session over 3-4 hours. Strainer bag prep. 1 T per shell.

Btw, I've never had any reaction of any kind like that ever in my life.
It does sound like an allergic reaction. I drank a bunch of Vula yesterday and had no ill effects and I regularly drink their Pouni Ono with no bad effects other than it makes me more sleepy than kava usually does. The Pouni will have a very creamy texture, more than most kavas, and because of the grind you ar emore likely to get tiny sandlike microparticles which could be off putting if one isn't used to it, but if you like it it's kind of nice.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Sometimes various kava will give me worse dermo. Or itchy eyes that other's never do.

But I've never had such a severe reaction.

Have you tried other kava again that wasn't the pouni Ono or vula and we're okay ?

Charismah

Sometimes various kava will give me worse dermo. Or itchy eyes that other's never do.

But I've never had such a severe reaction.

Have you tried other kava again that wasn't the pouni Ono or vula and we're okay ?
No. Been to scared to try again. My goal was anti-anxiety, and that reaction isn't very soothing.
It was good though before that.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Probably allergies but i do have to wonder about the amazon thing because there is a false vendor on amazon claiming to be Kwk but they overcharge for the product and it could be completely different kava that might be tainted. Im basing this possibility on the fact that you said another person tried it and had negative reactions too, making it possibly more than an allergy. Did she like the Bula stuff or did that give her stomach problems too? I find KWK to be one of the most reliable companies to not sell bunk or tudei kava

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
No. Been to scared to try again. My goal was anti-anxiety, and that reaction isn't very soothing.
It was good though before that.
Next time you go amazon, get the mood and mind kava. It's noble and isn't the best ever, but is fine in a pinch. Batches vary in strenght. I personally have no liked the kwk products. They just weren't a good fit for me with effects and such. I would try a different kava and see. Or go back to your old one.

Charismah

Probably allergies but i do have to wonder about the amazon thing because there is a false vendor on amazon claiming to be Kwk but they overcharge for the product and it could be completely different kava that might be tainted. Im basing this possibility on the fact that you said another person tried it and had negative reactions too, making it possibly more than an allergy. Did she like the Bula stuff or did that give her stomach problems too? I find KWK to be one of the most reliable companies to not sell bunk or tudei kava
Ah, I hadn't considered this. Yes she liked the others. In fact she was drinking it more than I. But she hated this one. Said it was dark and didn't want to drink kava at all after that.
Good insight. If it was just a reaction with me then she would have been fine.
I didn't know about the fake vendor.
I think I'll start over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.