What's new

kava advice

vin

Hi I am new to kava and appreciate and recommendations in advance. I tried Fiji loa kava today medium grind 3 tablespoons in 12oz of water and split in 3 servings 4oz each 10 mins apart from each other. After I drank the last one I did feel calmed for a bit then started feeling anxious. Anyone have any idea why this may be? I suffer from anxiety and was really excited about trying it

Bitter Pill

Kava Curious
From kalm with kava? The website describes it as balanced, though it's kavain dominant. I'd recomend something labeled as heavy with Dihydrokavain dominant over kavain.
http://www.kavalibrary.com/Chemotypes.html
I know this is a bit awkard for someone looking to treat anxiety, but some basic knowledge or kavalactones and chemotypes along with basic terminology is good to have. I'd recommend HEAVY and something with 2 before 4 on the chemotype. The one you consumed appears to be 463251, which seems a little heady, might be fine for me though.

Also remember to take it slow, esspecially with stronger drinks. I'm not in the mood to do the maths with your dose right now though. I believe the first sip of the day should be savoured. It's when the pain of the day slowly starts to ease off, like the relief when an agonising stomache cramp ends. It's also good to know that you felt something the first time. It sometimes takes people much longer.

Also consider trying other things if kava doesnt suit you, or just try them as well anyway. L theanine is quite cheap and works well. I put 2grams in coffee and has a very similar feeling to kava, though you might like decaf. Creatine seems to act as a 5HT1a receptor agonist so might help with anxiety and I usually feel much better after drinking it with milk. Wild lettuce can be used as a tea and some people smoke the resin for fast acting effects. Some also find valerian helpful and have compared the effects. Must go now. Best of luck.

vin

From kalm with kava? The website describes it as balanced, though it's kavain dominant. I'd recomend something labeled as heavy with Dihydrokavain dominant over kavain.
http://www.kavalibrary.com/Chemotypes.html
I know this is a bit awkard for someone looking to treat anxiety, but some basic knowledge or kavalactones and chemotypes along with basic terminology is good to have. I'd recommend HEAVY and something with 2 before 4 on the chemotype. The one you consumed appears to be 463251, which seems a little heady, might be fine for me though.

Also remember to take it slow, esspecially with stronger drinks. I'm not in the mood to do the maths with your dose right now though. I believe the first sip of the day should be savoured. It's when the pain of the day slowly starts to ease off, like the relief when an agonising stomache cramp ends. It's also good to know that you felt something the first time. It sometimes takes people much longer.

Also consider trying other things if kava doesnt suit you, or just try them as well anyway. L theanine is quite cheap and works well. I put 2grams in coffee and has a very similar feeling to kava, though you might like decaf. Creatine seems to act as a 5HT1a receptor agonist so might help with anxiety and I usually feel much better after drinking it with milk. Wild lettuce can be used as a tea and some people smoke the resin for fast acting effects. Some also find valerian helpful and have compared the effects. Must go now. Best of luck.
Thanks for the advice I appreciate the info I also take prescription psychiatric medications not sure if the kava and medication interact maybe a heavy kava like you said could be the answer

Last edited:

vin

Thanks for the advice I appreciate the info I also take prescription psychiatric medications not sure if the kava and medication interact maybe a heavy kava like you said could be the answer
Could someone recommend some heavier Kavas the searches turning up for me are old threads thanks in advance

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Could someone recommend some heavier Kavas the searches turning up for me are old threads thanks in advance
Kalm with Kava's Borongoru is a heavy kava. Kavafied's Kava Supreme is heavy. I'm hearing Kava Time's Ambae Blend is heavy. I have personally had the first two. Supreme is a noteworthy conk-outer if you're aiming to sleep. Have a session with Supreme and you'll be out at the dream sea by bedtime.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Kalm with Kava's Borongoru is a heavy kava. Kavafied's Kava Supreme is heavy. I'm hearing Kava Time's Ambae Blend is heavy. I have personally had the first two. Supreme is a noteworthy conk-outer if you're aiming to sleep. Have a session with Supreme and you'll be out at the dream sea by bedtime.
I would call KT Ambae balanced, but it is way over on the heavy end of balanced.

vin

Thanks for your responses also trying to figure out if the heavy will be much different than the balanced I’ve tried it’s given me anxiety both times I also take some psychiatric medications and wondering if it’s safe to mix thanks in advance

vin

Hey guys narrowed a heavy kava down to KWK Borongoru 241xxx or Kava supreme 245 I heard Kava supreme is strong just wanted something longer lasting just for anxiety purposes to use in regular or lower doses not physically down I heard the kava supreme is strong and makes people a bit edgy I already get anxious from a balanced 463xxx KWK Fiji loa any replies would be helpful thank you

Last edited:

Bitter Pill

Kava Curious
Just a quick reply. Haven't much energy to go into much detail (been trying to CAD), but Borongoru was something I found particuarly helpful when I found most kava too stimulating. I also can't recommend l theanine enough. It works really well in a hot drink and has almost no stimulant effect, unlike kava. Maybe help you settle your mind while you're looking at kava options and waiting for it to arrive. It's also very cheap if bought in powder forum.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Just a quick reply. Haven't much energy to go into much detail (been trying to CAD), but Borongoru was something I found particuarly helpful when I found most kava too stimulating. I also can't recommend l theanine enough. It works really well in a hot drink and has almost no stimulant effect, unlike kava. Maybe help you settle your mind while you're looking at kava options and waiting for it to arrive. It's also very cheap if bought in powder forum.
l theanine helps me a lot with the coffee jitters too. Real cheap on amazon from Bulk Supplements.