What's new

Powdered Kava Review GHK Awa Mahakea

KavaOkie

Kava Curious
GHK Awa Mahakea where have you been my whole life. IMO, this is the best Kava I have had to date. Smooth, Heady, Strong, Long-Lasting, the adjectives go on and on! Had immediate effects from the first drink and was surprised how it took over quickly and settled in my body nicely to hang out. I did find my mind running a bit when I went to sleep, but I did not get the “jitters” like I did with Kava Supreme. Out of everything I have tried up to this point on all levels this is the best. Smooth flavor, only slightly milky just a nice level not overly saturated. Will definitely be ordering more of this stuff!

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
It’s really an amazing kava. Yet another GHK bag I went through too fast. One thing I noticed is that as I kept shelling the heavyer effects became more pronounced. That made it useful and easy to gauge how much of it I could drink depending on my goals at the moment.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Just thoroughly excellent kava, especially as a go-to kava or an "everyday is special" kava. I'm so glad Chris gave us those two recent deals on it. Also, it's perfect for serving when guests are over, it's classy good stuff. And for when you can't make up your mind about what to make, Mahakea is always a right choice.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
GHK Awa Mahakea where have you been my whole life. IMO, this is the best Kava I have had to date. Smooth, Heady, Strong, Long-Lasting, the adjectives go on and on! Had immediate effects from the first drink and was surprised how it took over quickly and settled in my body nicely to hang out. I did find my mind running a bit when I went to sleep, but I did not get the “jitters” like I did with Kava Supreme. Out of everything I have tried up to this point on all levels this is the best. Smooth flavor, only slightly milky just a nice level not overly saturated. Will definitely be ordering more of this stuff!
100% this^

Everyone should try his Mahakea. Seriously one of the consistently best kavas on the market. Easily my favorite "middle of the road" kava. Not excessively heady or heavy. Just right.

BigLew808

Is the GHK kava readily available for purchase on Oahu? I’m new to the kava scene and would prefer to try the Hawaiian Awa versus buying kava from the “Polynesian” local stores

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Is the GHK kava readily available for purchase on Oahu? I’m new to the kava scene and would prefer to try the Hawaiian Awa versus buying kava from the “Polynesian” local stores
GHK is off of the big island near Kurtistown, and I believe he only sells through his website.

If you're in his area, I'd suggest sending him a message to confirm that.

http://kavaforums.com/forum/conversations/add?to=Gourmet Hawaiian Kava&title=GHK+Awa+Mahakea

Welcome, by the way :)

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Welcome to the forums, I am sorry but I do not sell to stores, you can only get my great Hawaiian 'Awa from my website or your welcome to stop by and pick some up. If your on a different Island I can send it to you, it only takes about 2 days to get to you. Please let me know if you have any other questions, aloha.

Chris

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Just ordered from your website and look forward to trying the Mahakea. Thanks.

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry but I do not sell to stores, you can only get my great Hawaiian 'Awa from my website or your welcome to stop by and pick some up. If your on a different Island I can send it to you, it only takes about 2 days to get to you. Please let me know if you have any other questions, aloha.

Chris

BigLew808

Chris
Hi Chris, where are you located at?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Preliminary feedback on this kava,

My intention was to drink this until I felt the heavy effects, as some mentioned it being a few shells in. I mixed 5 tbs (about 35 grams) with 500ml of water. I drank an initial 200ml shell and I am still staring at the rest of it some 40 minutes later.

This is not the same Mahakea from 3 years ago (perhaps my palate wasn't as evolved then, lol), excellent taste that distinctly sets Hawaiian kavas apart as a very gentle tasting awa. I don't think I would describe this kava as heavy, but rather a balanced, sedating kava which for me, is hard to find.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
So yeah, the Instant is even better.

Good Lord this kava is strong! I think this needs to be a regular purchase for me, this kava is truly amazing and unique. Worth trying for anybody out there, it has a wonderful taste.
I am glad you like the Mahakea instant, it is a real good and strong kava and the real good thing about it is that all you do is mix it with water or juice and enjoy the great flavor and potency of some true instant Hawaiian kava.
Aloha.

Chris