What's new

Continue taking kava kava

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I have been taking kava kava for 3 months .it works very well but I have constant ringing in my right ear. This is irritating.
Tinnitus is not something we see normally reported with the use of kava. What brand and type of kava have you been consuming?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Since I started kava 2.5 years ago I have had this. It doesn't bother me,though, it's not like other types of tinnitus, this one seems benign. It's a low level buzzing and it is always there, but not irritating or unpleasant, and I almost always simply ignore it. Like a soft warm fuzzy buzz, like the sound of flannel.

But if it's irritating, like yours is, you want to take that seriously. Obviously the first test is to stop kava and see if it goes away. Then re introduce and gradually titrated upwards doses so you can locate the specific point, quantity of kava, which triggers the effect. It might be that any quantity produces it, in which case you might have to make a tough choice. Maybe try candies or extracts, see if you get the effect?

Since I started kava 2.5 years r types of tinnitus, this one seems benign. It's a low level buzzing and it is always there, but not irritating or unpleasant, and I almost always simply ignore it. Like a soft warm fuzzy buzz, like the sound of flannel.

But if it's irritating, like yours is, you want to take that seriously. Obviously the first test is to stop kava and see if it goes away. Then re introduce and gradually titrated upwards doses so you can locate the specific point, quantity of kava, which triggers the effect. It might be that any quantity produces it, in which case you might have to make a tough choice. Maybe try candies or extracts, see if you get the effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.