What's new

There really *IS* a next-day "glow"?

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
Yesterday's Kava session consisted of KWK Loa Waka to start out, and I finished with N@H WOW.
I started questioning why I feel so NICE this morning, because I usually don't. I'm generally an anxious person and besides that not the most productive or creative-feeling in the morning. Yet I feel pretty phenomenal, and have taken nothing else this morning apart from my normal Mucuna Pruriens + Green Tea extract for dopamine assistance. I've taken this for over a year, so it's a constant variable at this point. The difference was, I drank more shells yesterday than ever, and it was my first time to try N@H WOW.

It clicked that maybe the next-day overflow is real, and I had to do a post about it to sorta confirm. :)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Yesterday's Kava session consisted of KWK Loa Waka to start out, and I finished with N@H WOW.
I started questioning why I feel so NICE this morning, because I usually don't. I'm generally an anxious person and besides that not the most productive or creative-feeling in the morning. Yet I feel pretty phenomenal, and have taken nothing else this morning apart from my normal Mucuna Pruriens + Green Tea extract for dopamine assistance. I've taken this for over a year, so it's a constant variable at this point. The difference was, I drank more shells yesterday than ever, and it was my first time to try N@H WOW.

It clicked that maybe the next-day overflow is real, and I had to do a post about it to sorta confirm. :)
The "Shield Effect". Very much a real thing. Some people call it "Hangover" but it's never been negative for me. I enjoy that mellow afterglow kava seems to provide into the next day. Love it!

Zaphod

Kava Lover

Oh, it is real. However, it can be finicky if you drink a lot the night before. If you are into "heavier" kavas the after glow can turn into sluggish apathy the next day even though you slept great. It feels kind of like you could just go back to sleep for another 8 hours. For me caffeine is only partly effective at kick-starting me back to the living.

Mo'iety

Kava Enthusiast
Oh, it is real. However, it can be finicky if you drink a lot the night before. If you are into "heavier" kavas the after glow can turn into sluggish apathy the next day even though you slept great. It feels kind of like you could just go back to sleep for another 8 hours. For me caffeine is only partly effective at kick-starting me back to the living.
Yep, I don't like that "sluggish apathy" feeling even if I have no need to be productive or out-and-about. One of the reasons I prefer headier kavas and to not overdo it in an evening.

Last edited:

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Totally agree. I gotta watch my consumption during the week.

bogmonkey

Kava? Yes please!
I only drink kava on the weekends...so I tend to really notice the glow effect on Monday mornings. I work a very mentally-intense job and love that feeling of gentle alertness and calm that carries through Monday and even into Tuesday sometimes. My consumption is probably a lot less that most folks...maybe 2-3 tablespoons on Sat and Sun in the ol' Aluball. It's for real!