What's new

Powdered Kava Review KAVA ROOT POWDER - KAVA LAPITA

Russell Caruso

TravelingMan
I love everything about this Kava besides the taste. But, I have never enjoyed the taste of Kava. I felt inspired to review this Kava on here noticing nobody else has, at least, in the way I am doing it.
Overall effects are heavy, calming, sleepy, dreamy. Kind of what I expected based on Kavafied's description. It does have a heady aspect to it, but a very enjoyable, non-energizing one. This Kava is strong, but not so strong that you can't have it the night before a busy day. Some Kavas have really strong next day effects, this one is more of a gentle, subtle, calm that carries me throughout the next day up until I have it again. I have been Krunk on this Kava and thoroughly enjoyed it. It feels like a gentle massage on all of my muscles, and mentally, I remain focused, and relaxed. I'd actually recommend this to first time Kava users. It is strong, but in a very mellow way. Great for anxiety relief, for sure.
Taste is definitely not great, but is tolerable up to a point. I can usually only have so many shells before they start wanting to come back up lol.
In lower amounts, could make a good daytime Kava, but in typical doses used by most, absolutely an evening Kava. This one will not fail to give you a great nights sleep.
Great Kava, Kavafied!

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Lapita is the best anti-anxiety kava I've had this year (from the US market anyway). It's not as fun as some others but really excels in relaxing the body and mind before promoting restful sleep.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I recently got a bag of this stuff, it's definitely on the heavy side and quite potent. I tried it last night and mixed it 4 Tbsp Lapita + 4 Tbsp cheap Tikaram waka. The 4 Tbsp of Lapita was surprisingly enough to kick it up several notches. It's a full blown couch-locker to me, I actually got close to puking by the end of the night and feel a bit flat today. But, if not for the negative side-effects, it was an otherwise remarkably good and effective experience. Gonna try a different blend ratio today...this is one I'd keep around for adding a few tablespoons to other kavas, to round them out better.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I recently got a bag of this stuff, it's definitely on the heavy side and quite potent. I tried it last night and mixed it 4 Tbsp Lapita + 4 Tbsp cheap Tikaram waka. The 4 Tbsp of Lapita was surprisingly enough to kick it up several notches. It's a full blown couch-locker to me, I actually got close to puking by the end of the night and feel a bit flat today. But, if not for the negative side-effects, it was an otherwise remarkably good and effective experience. Gonna try a different blend ratio today...this is one I'd keep around for adding a few tablespoons to other kavas, to round them out better.
tudei-ish?

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
tudei-ish?
I'd just say DHM-ish. I don't really like kavas with low DHM levels, so I'm glad to have high DHM kavas to blend into the rest of the stuff.
I should also say that the grind is VERY fine, which always adds to side-effects and potency for me.
This year I've also had a perfectly cleaned and peeled MeloMelo, with a verified 243156 chemotype, that was so strong, inebriating and couch-locking, more so than any kava I've had in several years...I would have easily believed it to be high DHM or even full-on Tudei...but it wasn't. So that taught me that it can actually be harder to tell sometimes than I previously thought.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
This is the most medicinal feeling kava I've had in quite a while. The lingering effects are more along the lines of strong heavy kava than tudei. I've been drinking it alone but blending it even more. It works well to add depth to headier kavas. The grind is very good as well as the texture and scent. After a visual inspection, smelling and working a bit through your fingers you can tell it's not going to be weak.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
Does anyone know which country this comes from
It’s supposedly Solomon island kava. No one has ever verified that Solomon kava sold online actually comes from the Solomon Islands, but they do have a small scene there and they are said to grow Melomelo and Borogu clones from Vanuatu.

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
It’s supposedly Solomon island kava. No one has ever verified that Solomon kava sold online actually comes from the Solomon Islands, but they do have a small scene there and they are said to grow Melomelo and Borogu clones from Vanuatu.
Okay my stomach doesn't seem to be able to handle kavas from Vanuatu I'm not sure if it's the soil or the strains that they grow I only seem to be able to handle Hawaiian and Fiji kavas I've tried Solomon kava before from root of happiness it didn't do much for me