What's new

Guess I'm a "day drinker" now. :)

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
I've really been enjoying KWK's Loa Waka as a before-lunch lift. I get a really nice sense of happiness, which leads to extra productivity and creativity. Today I had two shells before lunch, and it was a very pleasant experience. I'm in the more sleepy-ish zone now, post-lunch, but it's not unpleasant.

By the way, not sure if Kavafied changed the mesh of the Aluball, but even my brand new ones - with no knicks yet - have been yielding a much more grainy grog than normal. (I can feel it in my throat as I drink it, and I started seeing the black peppery-looking material in the prepared Kava.) So I've taken to straining after doing the Aluball shake prep. I know that's counter-intuitive, but I started having some weird stomach feelings for the week I was using just straight Aluball prep. It seems better now that I've added the extra straining.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
By the way, not sure if Kavafied changed the mesh of the Aluball, but even my brand new ones - with no knicks yet - have been yielding a much more grainy grog than normal. (I can feel it in my throat as I drink it, and I started seeing the black peppery-looking material in the prepared Kava.) So I've taken to straining after doing the Aluball shake prep. I know that's counter-intuitive, but I started having some weird stomach feelings for the week I was using just straight Aluball prep. It seems better now that I've added the extra straining.
You should probably contact @Kavafied about that whether or not you see any knicks. Having to strain grog you make with Aluballs and a shaker kinda defeats the purpose. I doubt it was their intention so get in touch and express your concern. You either got faulty balls or maybe Kavafied tried something new that didn't go very well and will need to mull over the design revision. But someone has to start the conversation, right?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
You should probably contact @Kavafied about that whether or not you see any knicks. Having to strain grog you make with Aluballs and a shaker kinda defeats the purpose. I doubt it was their intention so get in touch and express your concern. You either got faulty balls or maybe Kavafied tried something new that didn't go very well and will need to mull over the design revision. But someone has to start the conversation, right?
I have seen that Sometimes but only with specific strains of kava , or rather specific grinds

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for the feedback!
Are the black peppery-looking bits that much of a concern, intake-wise?